Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Heavy Spoilers] The Natah Quest Revelation (Now With Pictures)

Kaokasalis

I don't know how we can trust a traitor.

Well, there is a difference between trusting someone who gives up secrets for money or power or to show off how big and bold he/she is and someone who gives up EVERYTHING to save people she loves.

In the end? It's all our opinions anyway. But the Lotus isn't trying to exterminate the Tenno like the Grineer want to. She isn't trying to dissect them like the Corpus want to. She isn't trying to EAT them like the Infested want to.

So...

*shrug*

Edited by Kalenath

Well, there is a difference between trusting someone who gives up secrets for money or power or to show off how big and bold he/she is and someone who gives up EVERYTHING to save people she loves.

In the end? It's all our opinions anyway. But the Lotus isn't trying to exterminate the Tenno like the Grineer want to. She isn't trying to dissect them like the Corpus want to. She isn't trying to EAT the like the Infested want to.

So...

*shrug*

Because she gave up everything to save us. If anything, you should trust her more than before, knowing what she sacrificed.

ya i see your points. But what if she finds another cause she cares for more then the tenno? I dont think she will or its in her nature, but she did leave her cause once before.

I dont not trust her, and I do respect her sacrifice. I still think it was the lotus that "did those things" Ordis keeps thinking he did, whatever they were. I was super excited when lotus bailed and Ordis got me out of there. I love Ordis.

ya i see your points. But what if she finds another cause she cares for more then the tenno? I dont think she will or its in her nature, but she did leave her cause once before.

I dont not trust her, and I do respect her sacrifice.

If she called us 'friends' I'd say yeah, maybe she might find a better cause. But she calls us 'her children', and time and time again, she has shown great care for us. She'd die before she'd leave us.

She saved us.

Lol?

So, if the bomb that was created to destroy you malfunctions and fails to go off, it means that it saved you? And then, when its creators are coming to "reclaim" it, because it's "riven", you keep putting your trust in it instead of destroying it as soon as possible?

It has become undeniable that the Lotus is loaded gun pointed at the Tenno's head.

Lol?

So, if the bomb that was created to destroy you malfunctions and fails to go off, it means that it saved you? And then, when its creators are coming to "reclaim" it, because it's "riven", you keep putting your trust in it instead of destroying it as soon as possible?

It has become undeniable that the Lotus is loaded gun pointed at the Tenno's head.

Yeah because comparing a living being to an inanimate object is totally fair.

That was unbelievably dark.

The first reference we have of the Tennos' betrayal is how during the victory celebrations, they drew their swords and started slaughtering people - and then nothing... Decades later the Lotus wakes up the Tenno from cryo. Now it turns out that the Lotus was executing a sequence of commands, the second last of which put the Tenno to sleep, the last of which was supposed to destroy the Tenno.

So lets back track from the Lotus for a moment. In the Lore excerpt, an Orokin states the Grineer were supposed to be too stupid to rebel, the Sentient too had a fail-safe (which as given in this release, didn't work too well). Is it thus such a stretch of the imagination to assume that the warframes had a similar fail safe built into them? Especially after the Orokin's disaster with their previous all powerful creation - the sentient. One would assume that the Orokin built a kill switch into the warframes (similar to the corrupted control mechanism) to allow the Orokin to kill the Tenno if they got out of hand. Even if there was never such a kill switch, we've seen that both infested flesh (infested mesa) and the sentient echo (mysterious chroma) were able to manipulate a warframe regardless of whether it was inhabited or not. This seems to suggest while a Tenno's void powers would be beyond the sentient's comprehension (although from the last mission, I reckon the sentient comprehended just fine), the warframes the Tenno utilize could still be manipulated by the Sentient.

So back to the Lotus. If I understand the exchange correctly, she was part of the last force sent back to the origin system, with the intent of ending the war. As she was the one executing the sequence, it seems to suggest that Natah was the one who caused the Tenno to go beserk during the victory celebrations. Lotus was literally the one who destroyed the Orokin empire. Sheesh.

The oddest part of the whole exchange though was how caring her father was, after like decades of imprisonment and daughterly betrayal. Seriously: "You betrayed us all, the others will come after you, I can't stop them". Thats some fatherly affection right there. The exact wording Lotus uses when she eventually comes clean though is perhaps the darkest of the entire affair.:

"Natah was the daughter before I destroyed her. Now I am the Lotus. Now I am the mother".

Seeing as shes talking about herself here, that is pretty damn dark.

Personally though, the most intruiging part of the mission is of how much compassion and honor seems to be reflected in the Sentient's speech whenever he talks.The Orokin were arrogant snobs - space dad comes across as being more humane then any other character we've met in the warframe universe..

That was unbelievably dark.

The first reference we have of the Tennos' betrayal is how during the victory celebrations, they drew their swords and started slaughtering people - and then nothing... Decades later the Lotus wakes up the Tenno from cryo. Now it turns out that the Lotus was executing a sequence of commands, the second last of which put the Tenno to sleep, the last of which was supposed to destroy the Tenno.

So lets back track from the Lotus for a moment. In the Lore excerpt, an Orokin states the Grineer were supposed to be too stupid to rebel, the Sentient too had a fail-safe (which as given in this release, didn't work too well). Is it thus such a stretch of the imagination to assume that the warframes had a similar fail safe built into them? Especially after the Orokin's disaster with their previous all powerful creation - the sentient. One would assume that the Orokin built a kill switch into the warframes (similar to the corrupted control mechanism) to allow the Orokin to kill the Tenno if they got out of hand. Even if there was never such a kill switch, we've seen that both infested flesh (infested mesa) and the sentient echo (mysterious chroma) were able to manipulate a warframe regardless of whether it was inhabited or not. This seems to suggest while a Tenno's void powers would be beyond the sentient's comprehension (although from the last mission, I reckon the sentient comprehended just fine), the warframes the Tenno utilize could still be manipulated by the Sentient.

So back to the Lotus. If I understand the exchange correctly, she was part of the last force sent back to the origin system, with the intent of ending the war. As she was the one executing the sequence, it seems to suggest that Natah was the one who caused the Tenno to go beserk during the victory celebrations. Lotus was literally the one who destroyed the Orokin empire. Sheesh.

The oddest part of the whole exchange though was how caring her father was, after like decades of imprisonment and daughterly betrayal. Seriously: "You betrayed us all, the others will come after you, I can't stop them". Thats some fatherly affection right there. The exact wording Lotus uses when she eventually comes clean though is perhaps the darkest of the entire affair.:

"Natah was the daughter before I destroyed her. Now I am the Lotus. Now I am the mother".

Seeing as shes talking about herself here, that is pretty damn dark.

Personally though, the most intruiging part of the mission is of how much compassion and honor seems to be reflected in the Sentient's speech whenever he talks.The Orokin were arrogant snobs - space dad comes across as being more humane then any other character we've met in the warframe universe..

The Tenno have been asleep for far longer than that. Geologic timescales, given how orokin facilities that aren't in the void tend to be buried.

The Tenno have been asleep for far longer than that. Geologic timescales, given how orokin facilities that aren't in the void tend to be buried.

Hell, cryopods on the Orokin defense has rock formations around them and are having to be dug out.

So many questions, How to fix all..    RedVeil   Burn it all down , kill the sentients, make that volcano explode in a massive way, ( might aswell destoy the whole planet with the sentients in it ) BLow   # BLOW URANUS, see the reaction lotus has, she screams? we capture her, chain her in a tenno relay and blow her up with the entire relay using a captured greenier famorian.     All Future Danger events prevented. We create a coms center nd set up trinity there to give us info . Tenno must only trust Tenno. 

Edited by haze777

This made me think of how, in Christianity, Satan is believed to be angel fomerly named Lucifer who turned on God and and his fellow angels because he thought he was better than God and became the lord of Hell amd demons.

Kinda like how the Lotus, a Sentient formerly named Natah, turned on her kind to side with the Tenno to become our guide and space mum...

#LotusIsSpaceSatanConfirmed?

Actually, I am more reminded of the Gnostic myths. Sophia, the Monad, and the Demiurge.

Although, too be fair, some scholars point out how the Gnostic myths are the source for the Satan figure in Christianity.

Edited by (PS4)MoRockaPDX

So many questions, How to fix all..    RedVeil   Burn it all down , kill the sentients, make that volcano explode in a massive way, ( might aswell destoy the whole planet with the sentients in it ) BLow   # BLOW URANUS, see the reaction lotus has, she screams? we capture her, chain her in a tenno relay and blow her up with the entire relay using a captured greenier famorian.     All Future Danger events prevented. We create a coms center nd set up trinity there to give us info . Tenno must only trust Tenno. 

We really need to put a lock on those Orokin Meth warehouses.

How have you come to that conclusion, if you don't mind me asking?

If we were to look at Excalibur Umbra without the golden bits, he is dark and has the same colour scheme as the sentients, very similar to Natah's colour scheme too.

Also, Umbra means dark, or shadow. Words that can also be used to describe the sentients. It's just speculation. I'm always wondering how Umbra warframes, which are incoming, ties to the lore.