Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Heavy Spoilers] The Natah Quest Revelation (Now With Pictures)

Kaokasalis

Personally wouldn't hold my breath. Even in this thread there's still people who are so adamant about how Lotus is this "great evil" despite everything.

As was said while I was chattin' with someone in-game: Fan Dumb is Fan Dumb.

I can see the potential of some tenno, who are completely adamant on not following the Lotus, being able follow Teshin (or even Simaris?) 

Doesn't make the Lotus evil, she did in fact save the tenno, but some tenno might have philosophical beliefs that are more in line with Teshin.  

I don't understand this desire some have to serve the syndicates, with what's coming.....Syndicates will be crushed. 

Anyway tenno are basically demi gods, why would you want to take orders from an ant? 

This puts what Simaris knows in a whole new light in my opinion. 

Simaris seems to know a lot of ancient secrets, due to his Sanctuary, and he may know more about the lore than almost anyone else in universe. 

During the Chroma quest, Lotus gets annoyed at Simaris for keeping secrets, and he tells her "you withhold as much Lotus, I am above substance, above you".

At the time it just sounded like another of the type of obnoxious blowhard thing that Simaris liked to say, but now I realized it had different connotations. He may not have known her exact origins, but he clearly knew enough about it to know she was keeping an awful lot about herself secret. And when he says that he he is above her... it makes way more sense now. I think he is referencing her almost destroying everyone, and how he doesn't think someone who did that has any right to judge him. Simaris wants to preserve, not destroy, I can imagine it might be difficult for him to work with the Lotus at times, even though its clear they have an alliance of sorts

Edited by Tesseract7777

This puts what Simaris knows in a whole new light in my opinion. 

Simaris seems to know a lot of ancient secrets, due to his Sanctuary, and he may know more about the lore than almost anyone else in universe. 

During the Chroma quest, Lotus gets annoyed at Simaris for keeping secrets, and he tells her "you withhold as much Lotus, I am above substance, above you".

At the time it just sounded like another of the type of obnoxious blowhard thing that Simaris liked to say, but now I realized it had different connotations. He may not have known her exact origins, but he clearly knew enough about it to know she was keeping an awful lot about herself secret. And when he says that he he is above her... it makes way more sense now. I think he is referencing her almost destroying everyone, and how he doesn't think someone who did that has any right to judge him. Simaris wants to preserve, not destroy, I can imagine it might be difficult for him to work with the Lotus at times, even though its clear they have an alliance of sorts

I completely agree. It's no surprise Simaris, the Lotus and Teshin have some kind of an alliance. 

They all stand to be destroy by either the grineer, Corpus and especially (who they likely dread the most) the Sentient.

I'm amazed at the amount of story conveyed through such brief dialogues. We can piece so much lore together now, it's perfect.

NO!

IT'S NOT ENOUGH!

IT IS TIME- TIME TO SCAN FOR SIMARIS! >;D

Come everyone! Let us all scan for Simaris! >; D

!!!WARNING!!!

IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO BE SPOILED LEAVE THIS THREAD!

So DE just dropped a huge lore bomb. Lotus´s name is Natah and shes a sentient. This raises so many questions that we should discuss. It would be heresy not to.

Pictures are up. Scroll down below.

where are the pictures? :O

This is a huge middle finger to all the #deathtothelotus followers, and I'm glad. People mistrusting her for random reasons... She saved us. Without her, we would be dead. However, her objective is a tiny bit questionable. Natah wanted her own children? Huh. Also, what's with the speculation that she's a Sentient. We don't have definite proof that she is one, unless somebody does. Which in that case, I'll admit to being an idiot. But still. #SpaceMama. 

Saved us from herself :^)

But yeah, it kills previous stuff, but gives them more fuel about how it's in her nature or something.

Also how would she not be a sentient? This update was previously calleed tombs of the sentient, inside the tomb was her mother, which also referred to other children waking up now too or something.

It's certainly a very interesting turn of events.

At present, not only does it put an interesting spin on the whole mentions of 'dream' in prior dialogues, such as Ordis' "Do not lift the veil. Do not show the door. Do not pierce the dream" line now having more support as 'safeguard' mantra. Although the 'Had an unpleasant encounter with a Sentient' could take on a few...other directions now than the initial theory.

Curious times are ahead. Currently mainly interested in how things go from the Crewman Sythesis' 'starfish' to such a diverse race as the Sentients are. If they're indeed adaptive to nearly everything, that's a lot of potential 'forms' to take. An unorthodox kind of evolution alright. That which killed your sire makes you safe, perhaps?

That was a bit melodramatic.

The whole mother thing came over as a bit creepy, seeing how at least in terms of gameplay the Tenno have zero choice on their own, since it's always the Lotus telling the players what they have to do and what they can or can't do.

This is made worse by the fact that in terms of story so far, the Tenno themself have never interacted with anything but violence.

They don't talk, they don't show emotions in any way (idle animations are not part of the stories so far) and they never question their orders directly.

This wasn't as much of a problem when we could still just assume the Lotus was some kind of mission controll AI, but with the current informations it looks like the Lotus is in absolute controll.

This makes the Tenno look less like a society or order and more like a bunch of attack drones which the Lotus developed parental attachment to. Like a companion cube with guns.

Though i doubt that's what the writer(s) of this story had in mind.

Perhaps it might be good idea to introduce talking and interacting Tenno characters, not voiced player characters, but characters from the ranks of the Tenno themself who voice opinions that players might get behind.

With the spoiler of this quest i think it would fit to have 4 characters who represent opinions on the role of the Lotus.

1. The Lotus is their mother (either cultural or social), the Tenno follow her because it's a foundation of what they are.

2. The Lotus is their leader, the Tenno follow her because they chose to let her command them.

3. The Lotus is their advisor, the Tenno follow her because she gives the right options.

4. The Lotus is their captor, the Tenno follow her because they have no other choice.

In future quest or event, these characters could comment on these events or even offer alternate solutions.

This would allow the Lotus to remain the primary mission controll in the game, but make the Tenno stand on their own more.

Of course they wouldn't necessarily need to talk in a normal way. They might aswell have weird sounds which are subtiteled. Or speak in 2 voices at once.

Edited by Othergrunty

To the guy above me, the Tenno have shown a bit of independence in-terms of making some decisions, such as staying to fight G3 instead of extracting, disobeying the Lotus's order. Also, we have some minor chat box when talking with Simaris, that's something, I suppose.

To the guy above me, the Tenno have shown a bit of independence in-terms of making some decisions, such as staying to fight G3 instead of extracting, disobeying the Lotus's order. Also, we have some minor chat box when talking with Simaris, that's something, I suppose.

G3 was exactly what I thought after reading the post above yours!

That was a bit melodramatic.

The whole mother thing came over as a bit creepy, seeing how at least in terms of gameplay the Tenno have zero choice on their own, since it's always the Lotus telling the players what they have to do and what they can or can't do.

This is made worse by the fact that in terms of story so far, the Tenno themself have never interacted with anything but violence.

They don't talk, they don't show emotions in any way (idle animations are not part of the stories so far) and they never question their orders directly.

This wasn't as much of a problem when we could still just assume the Lotus was some kind of mission controll AI, but with the current informations it looks like the Lotus is in absolute controll.

This makes the Tenno look less like a society or order and more like a bunch of attack drones which the Lotus developed parental attachment to. Like a companion cube with guns.

Though i doubt that's what the writer(s) of this story had in mind.

Perhaps it might be good idea to introduce talking and interacting Tenno characters, not voiced player characters, but characters from the ranks of the Tenno themself who voice opinions that players might get behind.

With the spoiler of this quest i think it would fit to have 4 characters who represent opinions on the role of the Lotus.

1. The Lotus is their mother (either cultural or social), the Tenno follow her because it's a foundation of what they are.

2. The Lotus is their leader, the Tenno follow her because they chose to let her command them.

3. The Lotus is their advisor, the Tenno follow her because she gives the right options.

4. The Lotus is their captor, the Tenno follow her because they have no other choice.

In future quest or event, these characters could comment on these events or even offer alternate solutions.

This would allow the Lotus to remain the primary mission controll in the game, but make the Tenno stand on their own more.

Of course they wouldn't necessarily need to talk in a normal way. They might aswell have weird sounds which are subtiteled. Or speak in 2 voices at once.

I think that a modern representation of the Tenno Council would make for a great unaffiliated PvE Syndicate. Could serve as an introduction to the system for newer players, a quest telling them how to use Sigils and all, who would get to choose the other Syndicates at MR3 or something. These characters would fit nicely for that.

Tenno NPCs would be a great boon to fleshing out the Tenno as characters in their universe, instead of just stand-ins for the players.

I don't agree with the idea of the players having zero choice, though. That's sort of like saying the quest givers in an MMO make it so the players have zero choices of their own - it's honestly just the nature of games. This isn't a die-hard RPG, there's not going to be overwhelming choice paths to take.

I do think that more Guides would be awesome - Syndicate guides especially.

Edited by Morec0

My theory in brief:

The Sentients were losing.

They captured the Orokin/Tenno known as Lotus and gifted her with their abilities and made her a Doomsday weapon.

The Sentients went to sleep and had their Cephalons continue to gather knowledge and power and relay it to them so that they could grow in power as they hid.

The Lotus was able to secretly infiltrate all levels of the Orokin Empire and simultaneously communicate with all Tenno.

She secretly disarmed the Orokin failsafe killswitch built into all Warframes that was to be activated at the Terminus Ceremony.

The Lotus executes a pre-emptive blackout across the Entire system and all key Orokin technology, leadership, and key figures are destroyed in one swift stroke, sending the system into a dark age.

Citizens and guardians such as the Stalker see this as a coup and betrayal of the highest order, not having all the information.

The Lotus has a "Last Directive" to re-arm and trigger the killswitch in all Warframes to ensure Sentient dominance once awakened.

The Sentient collective intelligence sees Free Will as an instrument of chaos and does not comprehend that it will lead to Natah betraying their programming.

Instead, Natah assumes a Matriarchal role and sends the Tenno into hiding to protect them from enraged citizens.

Much like I believe Natah to be a hybrid, I believe Tenno are Orokin-weaponized symbiotes/hybrids: Void-corrupted Sentients, separated from the collective, that find peace by bonding with the Children of Zariman/Tenno to give them skins to control and channel their Void powers, void powers that were laregely uncontrollable and slowly destroying their normal bodies and identity.