Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Useless After Update

Oculus92

Tail wind used to be her main... I raced a mirage yesterday in a sabotage mission, from the portal to the extraction point and arrived only 20 seconds ahead of her. 

I wish her 1st and 2nd costed less, maybe 5 energy or something, that would possible motivate me to use it.

Tail wind used to be her main... I raced a mirage yesterday in a sabotage mission, from the portal to the extraction point and arrived only 20 seconds ahead of her.

I wish her 1st and 2nd costed less, maybe 5 energy or something, that would possible motivate me to use it.

That's pretty good against a Mirage, considering Mirage is supposed to have 50% increased momentum on maneuvers as her passive (which I'm not sure is working in U17). Zephyr can fly longer and farther, but Mirage -should- be faster.

The logical failure here is that there is no reason that you need air domination or bombardment.  These fill roles that in the first case have no purpose, and in the second case has always been better achieved by tail winding up to a high perch and sitting.

Zephyr would be even less useful if she was specialized for these roles given that:

1)  Most tile sets simply do not support it.

2)  You don't need an death ray armed F-22 to kill ospreys, shield drones and jet pack grineer.

3)  Your group can't really use your real group friendly skills like turbulence with jetstream when flying around like the Red Bull blimp.

4)  While your busy trying to float around like a derpy humming bird, (insert warframe here) with a Tonkor can provide all of the bombardment you'll ever need without the added derpyness.

I've dumped a lot of time and experimenting into getting the bombardment / flying thing to work, and at the end of the day whether it be pre patch or post patch it just doesn't work out well.

unrelated to this:

As far as racing Mirage, how were you both built (Rush, AAgility, Jet stream?)?  If you stack all of the speed stuff up, Zephyr is HELLA fast without tailwinding.

So, your argument is that Zephyr is useless because the tile ceilings are too slow.

Wait, what?

Just make a thread about the tilesets being too small, since that appears to be the major issue here. As opposed to presenting an argument that goes like this: "X is useless because of Y thing that is completely unrelated to X in itself, but affects X adversely."

And speaking of which - yes, we know, the ceilings are too low. We've known about this for a very long time. Everyone who's played Zephyr for more than ten minutes knows that. But that's why you make feedback threads about the invisible ceiling height and the buff-clearing effects of respawning being bad things, because they are (except when you need to get rid of Null Star in a hurry, that thing is ridiculous).

So, your argument is that Zephyr is useless because the tile ceilings are too slow.

Wait, what?

Just make a thread about the tilesets being too small, since that appears to be the major issue here. As opposed to presenting an argument that goes like this: "X is useless because of Y thing that is completely unrelated to X in itself, but affects X adversely."

And speaking of which - yes, we know, the ceilings are too low. We've known about this for a very long time. Everyone who's played Zephyr for more than ten minutes knows that. But that's why you make feedback threads about the invisible ceiling height and the buff-clearing effects of respawning being bad things, because they are (except when you need to get rid of Null Star in a hurry, that thing is ridiculous).

The ceiling height is one problem, and if you would have read everything you knew that the said problem on earth is something i found without zephyrs abilities, but with parcour 2.0. What i was trying to say is that since the update the height problem is even stronger and the maps are not adjusted to the new requirements of more vertical gameplay, what affects mainly Zephyr.

Everyones ability to fly and the mario-like double jumps are another problem, at least for me.

But since noone until now told me anything about that this is a problem since a while the discussion went in that direction. And the thing with the bug at the "cealing" of the earth has not found any attention so far..

The ceiling should be fixed because its stupid.  Fixing the ceiling will not achieve the desired result.  The core problem is that aerial bombarding/domination is not as useful as we imagine it to be.  You're team needs you on the ground more than in the skys.  Fix the stupid ceiling already.

Ah, OK. I think I do see what the OP is getting at now.

I've gotten stuck outside the skybox a few times on Zephyr. It's...well, annoying and amusing at the same time.

He's wanting more verticality in ALL places on ALL maps. Zephyr is just the most obvious warframe at risk of finding herself outside the game map.

Sure, more room would be good. It'd allow even more movement and more opportunities to go all ninja in all conditions. On the other hand, this doesn't really happen all that often and in ship or asteroid base environments I don't see it as being very practical. But for outdoor planet maps, sure, why not?

Everyone can now jump as high as zephyr and then sail down. So what are the exact advantages???

Zephyr's passive basically means she gets a free parkour mod.

She's the absolute queen of parkour now. Sure, others can jump high, but she can just higher, and float a hell of a lot longer.

Ah, OK. I think I do see what the OP is getting at now.

I've gotten stuck outside the skybox a few times on Zephyr. It's...well, annoying and amusing at the same time.

He's wanting more verticality in ALL places on ALL maps. Zephyr is just the most obvious warframe at risk of finding herself outside the game map.

Sure, more room would be good. It'd allow even more movement and more opportunities to go all ninja in all conditions. On the other hand, this doesn't really happen all that often and in ship or asteroid base environments I don't see it as being very practical. But for outdoor planet maps, sure, why not?

Thank you, yes thats one major point.

One problem with parcour 2.0 to me is that now every warframe is even more qualified for vertical and room taking gameplay and especially zephyr, who -depending on your playstyle...- relies on that at least on many maps. Sure, she has cool other abilities, but for further air dominition they should expecially now adjust the maps for that. Not an all around change, only adjustment.

Without that her longer floating time wont be relevant on nearly every map.

At least give more momentum when she jumps that'll make more viable than any other frame in the game, then maybe that stupid bullet jump wouldn't go at the pace of a snail when you actually manage to pull it off. Because the current floaty buffs zypher gets and BJ mechanics just dont mix well, tl;dr she needs more air speed to be a Burd.

Edited by Edontsu

Thank you, yes thats one major point.

One problem with parcour 2.0 to me is that now every warframe is even more qualified for vertical and room taking gameplay and especially zephyr, who -depending on your playstyle...- relies on that at least on many maps. Sure, she has cool other abilities, but for further air dominition they should expecially now adjust the maps for that. Not an all around change, only adjustment.

Without that her longer floating time wont be relevant on nearly every map.

More vertical maps would be a massive improvement to the game for all frames, not just Zephyr, although Zephyr would certainly benefit from it more than most. This is much more of a level design issue than a Zephyr issue in particular. It's also a complete fallacy to say that Zephyr relies on verticality.

Just jump before you use Tail wind, and you'll see that 90% of Zephyr's mobility is horizontal anyways. Dive Bomb doesn't do enough damage to make it worth trying to fly as high as possible before using it, and the radial knockdown is equally effective no matter how far you fall. Zephyr's decreased gravity both stacks on top of aim gliding and makes every single parkour move send you far further than it normally would. It's useful in every situation in which you're using parkour.

The more time you spend mastering Zephyr, the fewer problems you'll see.