Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coptering Vs Parkour 2.0 - How Much Speed Did We Really Lose?

Dunkingmachine

Well, like, sorry to have a different opinion man. I go kill myself now.

Edit: Coptering well needed more skill that this current system.

Well hey, you said you weren't doing it wrong. Thats not an opinion. That was a statement from you. Me and the other guy just stated a fact that you were indeed doing it wrong. Not much to do with opinions. And coptering did not need more skill than this current system. Thats like saying COD requires more skill than Counter Strike.

Or League of legends requiring more skill than Dota 2 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The answer is why does it matter? Coptering was an unintended and uninteresting thing that needed to be removed more than a year ago but people *@##$ed about DE trying to fix it so we were stuck with it until now.

I will admit that their attempted fix for it back then was not good at all though.

People always neglect guys like me who had slow frames like Vauban wanted to use fun but slow melee weapons and could never keep up with these tileset heroes. Now, I can actually keep up pace and have fun instead of worrying about these teammates at the end of the mission already.

All of this unnecesary points...

More control Less Speed... Its better than slap the face in the wall until your imaginary momentum dissapear...

You have mods to do fast parkour...

Coptering needed Skill? HAHAHAHAHAHA...

People still dont take his time to master the parkour and complain..

You can connect long walls with wall dash and still on control where you want to go...
Compromising the warframe its better than be forced on choose a X melee to be fast, if dont, enjoy the dust of your team on most of tilesets because you dont want to copter...
You wanted to run fast? Put rush, or no better, foce all the players to use Typedo o Zoren to be fast and ignore everything on the way.

I like how most of the people just ignore the issue with old system, and claim that coptering needed Skills!!!! I cant believe it!

LOOK! at the first 5 seconds you slap the face on a wall LOL! how the h#$% it its better than the control we have now on movement?
You talk about speed? Manage the warframe, that is how it needs to be... No force the people to play with melee than dont like...
What i see on that video?
You complain because the missions now take 2 more minutes longer than before to do... LOL!

Edited by Grimlock-

Well hey, you said you weren't doing it wrong. Thats not an opinion. That was a statement from you. Me and the other guy just stated a fact that you were indeed doing it wrong. Not much to do with opinions. And coptering did not need more skill than this current system. Thats like saying COD requires more skill than Counter Strike.

Or League of legends requiring more skill than Dota 2 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Yeah, not doing it wrong was a statement, so what? I am still not doing it wrong now matter how many times you try to hammer it down my throat. I found another way to go fast already anyway. Same goes for you I guess. My opinion is about thew new system.... Coptering did need more skill than the new system but we aren't gonna agree on this either.

Yeah, not doing it wrong was a statement, so what? I am still not doing it wrong now matter how many times you try to hammer it down my throat. I found another way to go fast already anyway. Same goes for you I guess. My opinion is about thew new system.... Coptering did need more skill than the new system but we aren't gonna agree on this either.

I don't know what to say. If you really believe coptering needs more skill, then there isn't much I can do to change your mind. Lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

*EDIT* 

If you don't mind me asking what is your other way of going fast? Because I bet it has nothing to do with parkour 2.0 right? So I am curious what it is.

Edited by profoak0117

All of this unnecesary points...

More control Less Speed... Its better than slap the face in the wall until your imaginary momentum dissapear...

You have mods to do fast parkour...

Coptering needed Skill? HAHAHAHAHAHA...

People still dont take his time to master the parkour and complain..

You can connect long walls with wall dash and still on control where you want to go...

Compromising the warframe its better than be forced on choose a X melee to be fast, if dont, enjoy the dust of your team on most of tilesets because you dont want to copter...

You wanted to run fast? Put rush, or no better, foce all the players to use Typedo o Zoren to be fast and ignore everything on the way.

I like how most of the people just ignore the issue with old system, and claim that coptering needed Skills!!!! I cant believe it!

LOOK! at the first 5 seconds you slap the face on a wall LOL! how the h#$% it its better than the control we have now on movement?

You talk about speed? Manage the warframe, that is how it needs to be... No force the people to play with melee than dont like...

I could says the same. It was possible to mod slow melee weapons to acceptable coptering capabilities. People who want go fast still go fast with other methods. Your argument is invalid. Not being able to control coptering was your lack of skill.

Edited by Momo93

I could says the same. It was possible to mod slow melee weapons to acceptable coptering capabilities. People who want go fast still go fast with other methods. Your argument is invalid. Not being able to control coptering was your lack of skill.

No, just putting a Corrupted melee mod on, and Fury, still cant be acceptable...

You was still forced to equip X melee to be fast, that was not supposed to be.

Lack on skill on coptering? HAHHA ye, nice joke, coptering never was skillfull, compare this "skill" to control the parkour to fly with your melee...

Yes people its going to find other fast way to play, but not forcing to use X melee....

Edited by Grimlock-

Coptering was never about skill in any way, shape, or form. It was purely "equip the fastest melee weapon, go fast". It meant the vast majority of melee weapons got sidelined because of it (and that's just bad game design to boot).

At least I can bring whatever I want now, and not be gimped because of it. You wanna go fast? Time your jumps so you can chain your momentum.

You can't control coptering without using a specific frame such as volt or valkyr. You can't mod a scindo prime to acceptable coptering capabilities without hindering its ability to kill. 

I don't know what to say. If you really believe coptering needs more skill, then there isn't much I can do to change your mind. Lets just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

*EDIT* 

If you don't mind me asking what is your other way of going fast? Because I bet it has nothing to do with parkour 2.0 right? So I am curious what it is.

You are right. It doesn't use any new parkour 2.0 moves. Spamming the dodge jump is fast enough for me, thank god it was not changed. Since I am maining Valkyr I can just ignore the whole system with Ripline because I am butthurt and won't forgive this to DE. See, happy end.

You can't control coptering without using a specific frame such as volt or valkyr. You can't mod a scindo prime to acceptable coptering capabilities without hindering its ability to kill. 

And what was wrong with that? You either gimped your frame or your melee to go fast. Every melee was controllable to some extent with the speed mods regardless of frame. You can't have everything at once. Well, with the new system, you kind of can.

Edited by Momo93

Coptering was never about skill in any way, shape, or form. It was purely "equip the fastest melee weapon, go fast". It meant the vast majority of melee weapons got sidelined because of it (and that's just bad game design to boot).

At least I can bring whatever I want now, and not be gimped because of it. You wanna go fast? Time your jumps so you can chain your momentum.

Funny, I never used the best coptering weapons, always used what I liked even if the coptering wasn't that good on them. I just solved it with a frame then.  I never felt gimped. Most of the melee weapons still suck anyway and people only use a few so your argument is invalid, they are still sidelined.

I don't see the person in the video taking advantage of 2.0's somersaulting capabilities, first thing. There's also a lot of unnecessary jumping and flourishing - you can see the runner jumps 'zigzags' in some corridors on the 2.0 run, which just makes me go "wat."

Both runs have some stoppage between them, so that's not really a factor. Then there's the inherent flaw of counting rooms - if you pay attention, you'll notice a difference in length between mission completion and finishing the objective between the two sides, and if you pay even closer attention, you'll notice that when the rooms were similar to each other, earlier in the video, both sides were pretty close on 'room number'.

Honestly, the video is just view-bait. It's way too early to even be making these kinds of videos - not everybody picks up movement systems as quick as others. Unfortunately, it's the only thing we've got - unless someone can find another speedrun, replicate it, and actually deal with the right variables when comparing the two systems, we're S#&$ out of luck for comparisons and shouldn't even be discussing this.

Edited by SurryCurry

I don't think there's any debate that coptering (at its best) was faster, the only question is, is Parkour 2.0 slow enough to be annoying?  Does it feel slow?

Not for me.  Plus it's more fluid and more fun to use, and more seamlessly integrated with combat.

IOW, with coptering, there was a <coptering to combat -> combat> stop/start effect.  With Parkour 2.0 you tumble into combat, and tumble around in combat, and tumble out of combat, it's all the same movement.  Much more satisfying.

And what was wrong with that? You either gimped your frame or your melee to go fast. Every melee was controllable to some extent with the speed mods regardless of frame. You can't have everything at once. Well, with the new system, you kind of can.

you can indeed have everything with the new system which is precisely why I like it better. But we're just going in a circle here. Let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that. I will admit, however, that parkour 2.0 is slower than coptering. At least slower than some copters.

Just because the available moves seem easier to control doesn't mean there is more control.

The current version is by far less free less fluid and less fun.

It's always the same scrubs hating so hard on coptering but I guarantee you their either unskilled or lack creativity with the old system and the only reason anyone likes this more is because they feel less like a scrub now that everyone has a hard time getting about.

They could have simply added double jump wall cling and removed stamina.

I'm honestly disappointed with it. The pacing and creative control over where I am and when are simply terrible.

I don't mind slide jump are fling yous being changed to bullet jump but the overall feel of jumping and flying about like a badass is gone.

Pretending to like it you're lying to yourselves. It is a step backwards. Basically the main thing that separated the game from other shooters is gone. Now, it feels like a shifty console game.

Sorry Steve but you blew it.

For the record - I loved coptering. I was creative with it, and part of that creativeness is part of why I picked Parkour 2.0 up so quickly. And I can tell you, Parkour 1.0 took skill to control, but it was janky as F***, and I never, ever. Defended it on that point. I knew it and I liked it.

But it got boring, rubberbanding across entire spaces and using directional melee to skip out on the environment.

Anyway. Those videos come from someone relatively skilled in the old parkour system, that kind of skill takes weeks to cultivate to its fullest. Something that players of Parkour 2.0 haven't gotten the chance to do yet. And the idea that Parkour 1.0 was the thing separating Warframe from "other shooters" is drool-inducingly stupid. I have never seen a game, let alone a shooter or an MMO, handle this kind of movement flow.

Metroidvania clones have a hard time dealing with that kind of repertoire as it is. Please. Just go.

Edited by SurryCurry

No, I am not doing it wrong, not to mention I main melee.....gliding is USELESS with it (and f*cks up blocking while airbone). Now I can't jump up, block the rocket from a Napalm then smash into the ground because all my momentum is lost thanks to gliding. You could do all sorts of crazy things with coptering, the new system is inferior in every way.

Edit: Directional air melee is also lost (you can't hit S#&$), blocking became useless now. Only the run and gun people benefitted from this new system a bit.

Gliding is useless? That's weird, I'm still getting good kills with my slide attacks.