Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Purple Critical Hits

D4RKCREEP3R

Question

It's strange tho how he even managed to have an overshield tho as a Valkyr in the dojo.

There's a conclave augment for Warframe that grants overshields on respawn.

Has this been reported outside of PvP? If not, I think I found the problem.

I'm just adding field data here, I've accomplished purple damage while using Exalted Blade on a Venus Excavation,  but the numbers themselves were 463 and three 350s. I think it might be the opposite of a red crit, where the damage multiplier is less than 100% since my average damage with exalted blade sits around 7-8k normal and 10-20k yellow crit. My current theories include glitch, them ninja-ing in hidden bad crits, or some unknown damage negaters.

I'm just adding field data here, I've accomplished purple damage while using Exalted Blade on a Venus Excavation,  but the numbers themselves were 463 and three 350s. I think it might be the opposite of a red crit, where the damage multiplier is less than 100% since my average damage with exalted blade sits around 7-8k normal and 10-20k yellow crit. My current theories include glitch, them ninja-ing in hidden bad crits, or some unknown damage negaters.

Damage so low the game highlights it xD? That would be hilarious. 

"Tenno...I am disappointed"

Strangely enough, I just had a purple crit earlier just minutes before U17.1 went live with my Lex Prime against a Corrupted Lancer. Had no idea what it was and didn't take a screenshot of it because it went away so quickly and I'm not used to screenshotting things (reflexes for that button aren't good enough). It hit for 391 which is about 1000 lower than what I'm used to seeing.

There's a conclave augment for Warframe that grants overshields on respawn.

Has this been reported outside of PvP? If not, I think I found the problem.

Read my above poast (yes spelled that way on purpose)

After reading all of these posts, I'm assuming that it's the damage that it took to break the shield, and then go on into the health bar.

When you break a shield and continue to damage into health, you'll see two values pop up. Maybe that's what's happening.

I don't pvp and I am definitely not color blind.  I do see purple numbers occasionally when I'm playing though I can't recall under what circumstance those numbers show up.  Judging by number of posts here, I'm not the only one who's wondering what those purple numbers represent.

I also saw purple crits once. I had Viral Tonkor.

Yes I have seen this Purple Crit Hits with my Tonkor it is not modded to be able to acheive red crits and i dont have arcane avenure.  

It was on Triton, Neptune when I have noticed it,  saw it 3-4 times with in a 5 minute window when I was looking out for them. 

posibally something to do with sheilds?????

I just was not fast enought to get a screen shot. 

Edit: 

Can confirm, was using Kulstar Viral/Radiation

I have Radiation on mine Tonkor. This could be a contributing factor. 

Edited by maimus