Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Exilus Slot Costs As Much As A Warframe Slot

Zerdfer

Yes this grind is getting $&*&*#(%&, i have 800 hours in game and i am starting to get bored.

I paid 20 plat( it is faaar more tedious if you decide to do quest-simaris etc) and added 2 forma

2 MORE FORMA TO MY ALREADY 4 TIMED FORMAED CHROMA

Yes i leveled up my frame from 0 to 30 7 times

Fun game eh?

So you're saying you don't enjoy leveling frames?

I mean, that's pretty much core to the game. If you don't enjoy leveling frames why do you even bother to play the game? Seriously.

They just added something....they didn't take something away. It's a nice little convenience slot. It's not like your non-new-slot-gameplay has been changed with this slot being added. It's literally a small buff. If you want to nab it, you have to earn it (or just outright buy it). I don't see why this is some big deal. It's not like they changed your existing slots. I give them a kudos for it.

Edited by RpTheHotrod

They just added something....they didn't take something away. It's a nice little convenience slot. It's not like your non-new-slot-gameplay has been changed with this slot being added. It's literally a small buff. If you want to nab it, you have to earn it (or just outright buy it). I don't see why this is some big deal. It's not like they changed your existing slots. I give them a kudos for it.

they took away coptering, coptering allowed to ignore utility/speed mods to an extent, making even slow frames as frost possible to not lag behind. They said they wanted to reduce the amount of buttons it took, to travel fast (less carpal tunnel syndrome), now to move somewhat closely to previous speed u need to press MORE buttons, at least x2 and tilesets are not ready , a lot of low ceiling places, random ledges gets u stuck all the time.

What they offered in return is either 4-5 days grindwall or a 20 plat "solution", the only problem with this "solution" is that it does not make the game better . This "band aid" locks builds even more , making the gameplay for frames even more oriented towards 1 or 2 possible viable builds. That is not an improvement in my book, it costs the same amount as reactor/catalyst/forma (and all of them are supposed to provide u options to do more with the amount of mods we currently have, not less), but it DRAINS energy slots. 

Its another example of bad design, not enough thinking put behind the idea, people would also complain way less if at least ANY of the ideas voiced in topic prior to parkour 2.0 would be implemented (like buff all warframes base speed across the board by 25-33-40-50%), then yes, the slot would truly be optional, since we lost some speed and gained some speed, making it even in the end. What we got was - we take away ur speed, we make u do More for Less (x2, x2,5 amount of buttons pressed to travel fast) and we offer a "solution" which is either a grind-wall or an easy 20 plat purchase, but the solution in itself is fundamentally flawed, due to how polarities, primed mods and drain work. War is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery.

Whats even more discouraging is complete silence from DE on the issue.  

Reactors and catalyst don't add an extremely gimped slot, the double your overall mod capacity.

The utility slot is "extremely gimped" yet you and others keep screaming that it's a must have? So which is it? If it's really that vitally important to have to compensate for Parkour 2.0 like you and others keep saying then it's not really "extremely gimped" is it? 

It's still a wait wall instead of a pay-wall.

By the time you have 2 Forma build you may have enough Rep with Simaris to get a BP, THEORICALLY.

I didnt say a thing about the 50K cost, its steep, yes. Would I want it to be lowered? HELL YES. But its a Pay-To-Skip instead of a Pay-To-Win that the OP is implying.

What I'm not getting is that most of everyone here is making as if they MUST get the slot. Like its an OBLIGATION! It's sincerily reminding me of when the Arcane Enchaments came out and what was supposed to be just an optional gimmick was being treated as "must have" and "Must max them all"! And the forums were aflame because the Enchaments low effects at lower ranks, they need 10 of the same one to maximize, had to wait days to maximize them and they have to wait 1 day before trying to get a new one that might not be what they wanted making them go to trading to buy the damn things because of the WAIT-WALL.

Altey, tell me: Do you use every frame equaly? Or do you use your favorites while leaving others to "gather dust"? Most players use 1-3 frames on a regular basis and we see players declaring that on the forums which are their go-to frames (I'm one of those) and picking up the others for a change of pace and then come back to their favorites.

So, you will probably ask me "Will I put Exilus Slots on every frame?" Well, maybe. Eventually. In a day far off when I have Rep and Forma to spare, but for now the ONLY frames I'm interested in putting those Slots are Excal (My Main: Already done), Zephyr (For fun) and Banshee (For Stealth runs: gotta put that Enemy Sense there). Those 3 are my priorities, but I'm not going to rush to do them, they will just be the first ones. I've played well without those Slots, I will keep playing when I get them, but I wont burn myself out getting them. The others can WAIT.

I'm k with that price IF bp will be reusable and will cost 1 forma+other stuff to build.

And I don't find that normal. 

Paying 20p for an extra warframe slot that allows you to unlock the full power of a warframe that you can add permanently to your arsenal, that's something I can accept (proof I unlocked slots so I can have every warframe).

Paying 20p to be able to use one "utility" (understand useless) mod, or unlocking 1/10 of a warframe power. That's not okay, and there no way I can accept that. And don't get me started on the "free" version.

In addition it saddens me to see how DE is struggling to add new content (BTW grind is not new content).

What's next ? Having to pay to unlock the abilities of a warframe ? Having to pay to unlock the alt fire of a weapon ? Only 10 playable missions a day, pay to have more ? Pay to unlock the new planet they will create ?

You'll have to accept it or stop playing.  One or the other.

*@##$ing about a bonus that you don't need.

Considering the slot is locked to utility mods, it's not a game changer in the least. So I have absolutely no problem with the pricing.

For anyone still maxing their gear, the exilis slot is at the bottom of priority. Once you star having extra forma and basically extra everything, then start adding the slot.

And I don't find that normal. 

Paying 20p for an extra warframe slot that allows you to unlock the full power of a warframe that you can add permanently to your arsenal, that's something I can accept (proof I unlocked slots so I can have every warframe).

Paying 20p to be able to use one "utility" (understand useless) mod, or unlocking 1/10 of a warframe power. That's not okay, and there no way I can accept that. And don't get me started on the "free" version.

In addition it saddens me to see how DE is struggling to add new content (BTW grind is not new content).

What's next ? Having to pay to unlock the abilities of a warframe ? Having to pay to unlock the alt fire of a weapon ? Only 10 playable missions a day, pay to have more ? Pay to unlock the new planet they will create ?

yup, its sick ... and also the new kubrow, what shouldi do, breeding 10 to 20 times and delete the kubrows after until to get the new one ? cant remember that this was needed as the kubrows come to warframe

running instead of "archwinging" through the alerts on the new wonderful underwatertileset at uranus because its simply bugged and there is no water in the bassins ?

im puzzled ...

Edited by WAL73R

they took away coptering, coptering allowed to ignore utility/speed mods to an extent, making even slow frames as frost possible to not lag behind. They said they wanted to reduce the amount of buttons it took, to travel fast (less carpal tunnel syndrome), now to move somewhat closely to previous speed u need to press MORE buttons, at least x2 and tilesets are not ready , a lot of low ceiling places, random ledges gets u stuck all the time.

What they offered in return is either 4-5 days grindwall or a 20 plat "solution", the only problem with this "solution" is that it does not make the game better . This "band aid" locks builds even more , making the gameplay for frames even more oriented towards 1 or 2 possible viable builds. That is not an improvement in my book, it costs the same amount as reactor/catalyst/forma (and all of them are supposed to provide u options to do more with the amount of mods we currently have, not less), but it DRAINS energy slots. 

Its another example of bad design, not enough thinking put behind the idea, people would also complain way less if at least ANY of the ideas voiced in topic prior to parkour 2.0 would be implemented (like buff all warframes base speed across the board by 25-33-40-50%), then yes, the slot would truly be optional, since we lost some speed and gained some speed, making it even in the end. What we got was - we take away ur speed, we make u do More for Less (x2, x2,5 amount of buttons pressed to travel fast) and we offer a "solution" which is either a grind-wall or an easy 20 plat purchase, but the solution in itself is fundamentally flawed, due to how polarities, primed mods and drain work. War is peace, ignorance is strength, freedom is slavery.

Yes, they changed the movement system, but that's entirely unrelated. That's a whole different subject. We just have to move on. The movement system has changed entirely and is not tied down to particular mods or warframe slots. Sure, you could have built a certain way to be faster before the patch, but again, that's a subject of a game-changing design decision about how movement works...not how mod slots work.

they took away coptering, coptering allowed to ignore utility/speed mods to an extent, making even slow frames as frost possible to not lag behind. They said they wanted to reduce the amount of buttons it took, to travel fast (less carpal tunnel syndrome), now to move somewhat closely to previous speed u need to press MORE buttons, at least x2 and tilesets are not ready , a lot of low ceiling places, random ledges gets u stuck all the time.

What they offered in return is either 4-5 days grindwall or a 20 plat "solution", the only problem with this "solution" is that it does not make the game better . This "band aid" locks builds even more , making the gameplay for frames even more oriented towards 1 or 2 possible viable builds. That is not an improvement in my book, it costs the same amount as reactor/catalyst/forma (and all of them are supposed to provide u options to do more with the amount of mods we currently have, not less), but it DRAINS energy slots.

It took five buttons to copter. This takes four.

People used coptering to abuse straight line rushing. Unlike me who used it to chain wall runs or accentuate wall fling by coptering into it.

They nerfed copter to slow the rushing and equalize the controller to mouse playing field.

The slot isn't going to add capacity. That's what aura mods do. If it did you'd have a lot less people buying potatoes but instead farming forma.

Anyhow, it sickens me to see people cry and complain about free S#&$ that as others have put it didn't change anything but give you more room to place things IF YOU WANT TO. It's in no way necessary for end game content.

Bullet jump to wall cling to bullet jump gets you farther than a bullet jump with mobilize so saying it's needed for Parkour 2.0 is not a valid arguement because it isn't needed.

If anything it allows people sacrificing build strength for speed to have both with a little work.

Earning Simaris rep is easy anyhow. I have to disagree with you whole heartedly Bo even as an alliance minion.

Edited by PookieNumnums

It took five buttons to copter. This takes four.

People used coptering to abuse straight line rushing. Unlike me who used it to chain wall runs or accentuate wall fling by coptering into it.

They nerfed copter to slow the rushing and equalize the controller to mouse playing field.

The slot isn't going to add capacity. That's what aura mods do. If it did you'd have a lot less people buying potatoes but instead farming forma.

Anyhow, it sickens me to see people cry and complain about free S#&$ that as others have put it didn't change anything but give you more room to place things IF YOU WANT TO. It's in no way necessary for end game content.

Bullet jump to wall cling to bullet jump gets you farther than a bullet jump with mobilize so saying it's needed for Parkour 2.0 is not a valid arguement because it isn't needed.

If anything it allows people sacrificing build strength for speed to have both with a little work.

Earning Simaris rep is easy anyhow. I have to disagree with you whole heartedly Bo even as an alliance minion.

I don't know who do u play the game, but i coptered by running forward W (1), holding down shift (2), pressing jump (3) and quick meleeing (4) to launch myself as a rocket, thats 4 buttons. The current fastest way to move as far as i saw and could tell is sprint + slide + double jump + roll, but the thing is, to cover the same distance as coptering (or build momentum assuming u even have the space to do so) would require repeating/chaining this combo 2 or 3 times, before reaching end of tile and dropping ur speed and building it yet again. Current tilesets ARE NOT READY, this is fairly obvious for me, parkour 2.0 in tight corridors/low ceiling is faster with simply sprinting. 

I don't care if slot will not add capacity, i did not argued for it to do so in the first place either, what i said is - It should not be draining it and i believe i gave plenty of reasons why. If its not enough, you should also consider that even though Baro often brings S#&$, occasionally he bring new primed mods, which makes formaing frames and exilus slots even more tight, than it currently is. More locked builds, less diversity, more spamming of 333333333 , 4444444444, 11111111111111. Is this the idea of great game play/combat mechanics?

Even now there are frames where u could not fit this slot, unless u sacrifice a viable build. If i do - my build is weaker than it was and i am still slower than i was with coptering and my future options are locked as well. No development or possibility of change, just have 1 or 2 builds max or re-forma and re-level ur frame 15 times more. What a stellar end game and progressing system. Give me more. 

As far as crying, complaining and "free S#&$", i consider speed as a core game play mechanic which everyone uses to an extent (even noobs run and sprint and jump and roll and slide), if due to update i loose something i previously had for quite some time and as a possible band-aid i get highly questionable "fix" with flawed ideas behind it, then yes, i will whine and complain as u put it  or provide feedback from an experienced player perspective with a balanced view, who is not up DE's asses and praises every single step they take. I think the criticism is valid, based on facts and an ability to extrapolate and foresee future problems (which will require more band aids and thus the circle with continue). Not to mention that whining about something being overpowered or "nerf that and this" seems to be the only time, when DE considers taking action or provide any explanation for their actions. 

I want one of 3 simple things - either explanation why Exilus slot was designed this way and how does DE envision the problem of future mods and viability of various builds for frames being restricted now or in the future; i want to know why is it impossible to buff all Frames base speed by 25-33-40-50%; or finally id like for Exilus slot to not drain any energy points and provide exactly what it should be in the first place - utility without severe drawbacks for main powers. 

Either of those 3 would suffice, so that i could understand either the logic (which i do not see no matter how hard i look) behind  this slot or ignore the slot altogether, since i will receive a compensation in base speed (which i lost with removal of coptering). I am not against changes in general or parkour 2.0 (although its still feels floaty, but i  can tolerate that), but if the "solution" in my opinion is kind of a bullS#&$, i will voice my concern and ask for an explanation, what folks had in mind, when they proposed this new idea and have they thought it through when they implemented it. 

I think the Exilus slot is just as gimmick as the Arcane enchantements are. It doesn't open whole new worlds to your playstyle. And it certainly won't be mandatory for anything. Would not get too angry about this really. 

Edited by Vandole

One is awarded for completing Natah.

They can be earned for free after you complete Natah.

2 forma + other resources + 72 hours (3 days) of wait time + 3-5 days of rep grind to get 50k rep = free.

So we're at 6 days minimum of wait time just to build one exilus. And that doesn't even take into consideration the time it takes to get the forma and the resources to build them. Remember, not everyone has played 3000 hours and has hundreds of forma blueprints at their disposal.

So maybe not free after all, yes? If you want I can break it down further for you but I'm sure we all know what it requires to make form at this point.

It's optional you might say in reply. Yes. But it's also optional to play the game and give my money to DE, too. Using that same logic.

Edited by f3llyn

I love the people saying "yeah but potatoes, forma, etc costs 20p too".

Potatoes are actually useful, they double the mod capacity of any frame/weap.

Forma are incredibly cheap to craft compared to the exilus slot.

With 20p would you rather buy a potato, additional frame/weap slot, or unlock the exilus slot so you can put on of the useless mod in your build ?

The worst part is that some might prefer spend the 20p because the crafting requirement for the exilus adapter are horrible ... Well played DE, well played ...

I don't know who do u play the game, but i coptered by running forward W (1), holding down shift (2), pressing jump (3) and quick meleeing (4) to launch myself as a rocket, thats 4 buttons. The current fastest way to move as far as i saw and could tell is sprint + slide + double jump + roll, but the thing is, to cover the same distance as coptering (or build momentum assuming u even have the space to do so) would require repeating/chaining this combo 2 or 3 times, before reaching end of tile and dropping ur speed and building it yet again. Current tilesets ARE NOT READY, this is fairly obvious for me, parkour 2.0 in tight corridors/low ceiling is faster with simply sprinting.

I don't care if slot will not add capacity, i did not argued for it to do so in the first place either, what i said is - It should not be draining it and i believe i gave plenty of reasons why. If its not enough, you should also consider that even though Baro often brings S#&$, occasionally he bring new primed mods, which makes formaing frames and exilus slots even more tight, than it currently is. More locked builds, less diversity, more spamming of 333333333 , 4444444444, 11111111111111. Is this the idea of great game play/combat mechanics?

Even now there are frames where u could not fit this slot, unless u sacrifice a viable build. If i do - my build is weaker than it was and i am still slower than i was with coptering and my future options are locked as well. No development or possibility of change, just have 1 or 2 builds max or re-forma and re-level ur frame 15 times more. What a stellar end game and progressing system. Give me more.

As far as crying, complaining and "free S#&$", i consider speed as a core game play mechanic which everyone uses to an extent (even noobs run and sprint and jump and roll and slide), if due to update i loose something i previously had for quite some time and as a possible band-aid i get highly questionable "fix" with flawed ideas behind it, then yes, i will whine and complain as u put it or provide feedback from an experienced player perspective with a balanced view, who is not up DE's asses and praises every single step they take. I think the criticism is valid, based on facts and an ability to extrapolate and foresee future problems (which will require more band aids and thus the circle with continue). Not to mention that whining about something being overpowered or "nerf that and this" seems to be the only time, when DE considers taking action or provide any explanation for their actions.

I want one of 3 simple things - either explanation why Exilus slot was designed this way and how does DE envision the problem of future mods and viability of various builds for frames being restricted now or in the future; i want to know why is it impossible to buff all Frames base speed by 25-33-40-50%; or finally id like for Exilus slot to not drain any energy points and provide exactly what it should be in the first place - utility without severe drawbacks for main powers.

Either of those 3 would suffice, so that i could understand either the logic (which i do not see no matter how hard i look) behind this slot or ignore the slot altogether, since i will receive a compensation in base speed (which i lost with removal of coptering). I am not against changes in general or parkour 2.0 (although its still feels floaty, but i can tolerate that), but if the "solution" in my opinion is kind of a bullS#&$, i will voice my concern and ask for an explanation, what folks had in mind, when they proposed this new idea and have they thought it through when they implemented it.

Firstly

You were not coptering. You were using directional air melee so that's that.

Secondly

I was referring to all players complaining not just you sorry I should have been more clear about that

Third

Aura mods are the only mods that don't cost capacity.

Are your frames formad eight times? I can't see it compromising any builds that don't require eight formad slots. If they do please post a pic because I'd like to see.

Let's try some quick math. Even if each slot was formad and had mods that with forma still cost nine points (redirection and vitality don't even cost this much not primed continuity) that would be.... 72 pts. That leaves you two points left over and you could fit a mod with the cost of four in to a polarized exilus slot. Seeing as how I four you're using a build that costs that much without pics I have a hard time believing that exilus mods costing cap is a real issue.

Edited by PookieNumnums

Coptering took less button press.

It was sprint - jump - slide - melee

now it is sprint - look down - slide -bullet jump - slide - double jump- slide - aim - slide - slide - slide - slide - slide

You had to aim with first option too. And are you saying that you only did one copter move and then were done? Stop being disingenuous in an attempt to try proving your point.

Because in reality it's like this:

sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee sprint - jump - slide - melee  sprint - jump - slide - melee 

Edited by f3llyn