Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Oro Still A Thing In Annihilation

420degreequicksopeswag

Its fine in team annihilation.

Its not fine in annihilation. 

Lets say 7 players are trying to kill each other with melee. I kill 6 of them. THE SEVENTH GUY STANDING THERE GETS 6 "KILLS" (he gets all 6 oro for being so close)and WINS THE MATCH BY DOING NOTHING BUT PICKING UP WHAT ARE ESSENTIALLY DOGTAGS. WTF. IS THIS DOGTAG COLLECTION OR FREE FOR ALL.

When i finally kill the seventh guy im left with 1 kill.

The seventh guy gets 6.

Is this to discourage camping? I've never had problems with camping. Bows, snipers, other slow single shot weapons are nigh impossible to use at long ranges thanks to map design and ridiculous mobility. Standing in one place will get you killed anyways.

Delete oro from annihilation and rename it free for all.

Edited by 420degreequicksopeswag

No, it's funny and it teaches you, that you shouldn't rush in.

Staying alive is as important as killing as well as knowing when to go in. And yes, it is to discourage campers, who can get effort easy kills with little effort in an all vs all. They get kills, but they won't win, if they don't take the risk to go into close range.

Edited by Feyangol

And yes, it is to discourage campers, who can get effort easy kills with little effort in an all vs all. They get kills, but they won't win, if they don't take the risk to go into close range.

How does one "camp"

In warframe standing still usually means death.

Snipers aren't of much use at long ranges thanks to map design and insane mobility.

Another thing: Has anyone heard of kill confirmed free for all?

NO.

How does one "camp"

In warframe standing still usually means death.

Snipers aren't of much use at long ranges thanks to map design and insane mobility.

Another thing: Has anyone heard of kill confirmed free for all?

NO.

Wow, tell me something new.

You know how easy it is to attack people who are fighting each other? Their movements are easy to predict. This is what gives us currently such an aim difficulty: it isn't the insane mobility or some kind of imaginary speed, it is just difficult to know, when you have to press your left mouse button (thanks to air swimming). But this becomes really easy, if you know what your opponent is going to do and where you have to aim with your gun, even from a long range.

Edited by Feyangol

It teaches you to be strategic. Not rain Kulstar rnds on ppl who are duelling.

You want the points? You got to move tactically.

Dueling.... you do realize Annihilation is not set in a dojo... right? And you can hardly call a bunch of dudes mashing their melee key a duel, it's literally whoever has the right equipment and higher health at the start will win. Funny you would put "tactically" in the same argument.

Besides, this is not limited to mosh pits players. OP probably provided a more extreme example than it needs to be.

What he meant is that no matter who kills the player, the person who went for the melee will get the oro first, no matter how fast it goes because when it appears, he's already close enough to collect it. This is very frustrating when, let's just say you and a melee user go for the same person, even if you've dealt the most damage and killed him, like the game registered you as the killer, even if you killed him before the guy even scratched him, because he's at melee range, he can just pick it up the instant it drops. It was basically a free oro that he didn't earn.

Dueling.... you do realize Annihilation is not set in a dojo... right? And you can hardly call a bunch of dudes mashing their melee key a duel, it's literally whoever has the right equipment and higher health at the start will win. Funny you would put "tactically" in the same argument.

Besides, this is not limited to mosh pits players. OP probably provided a more extreme example than it needs to be.

What he meant is that no matter who kills the player, the person who went for the melee will get the oro first, no matter how fast it goes because when it appears, he's already close enough to collect it. This is very frustrating when, let's just say you and a melee user go for the same person, even if you've dealt the most damage and killed him, like the game registered you as the killer, even if you killed him before the guy even scratched him, because he's at melee range, he can just pick it up the instant it drops. It was basically a free oro that he didn't earn.

Fine, call it a gathering. I would not try to kill all 6 at once, unless if i'm using a sure-hit ultimate. And how do you kill 6 ppl in quick succession now? Kulstar shots.

Now the 7th is engaging melee and still manage to survive the kulstar shots. I call that lucky and that he deserves the 'assists' given from a tenno firing from a safe zone.

Moral of the story: Even targets of opportunity require you to be close hand to collect the rewards. You don't risk it, you don't get rewarded.

Edited by ligonare

Fine, call it a gathering. I would not try to kill all 6 at once, unless if i'm using a sure-hit ultimate. And how do you kill 6 ppl in quick succession now? Kulstar shots.

Now the 7th is engaging melee and still manage to survive the kulstar shots. I call that lucky and that he deserves the 'assists' given from a tenno firing from a safe zone.

Moral of the story: Even targets of opportunity require you to be close hand to collect the rewards. You don't risk it, you don't get rewarded.

So you changed from telling people play "tactically" to bum rushing and pray you might pick up an oro on the way. And you say "safe zone" like it's something frowned upon, like he didn't deserve anything because he was safe. Hey, it's tactical to stay away from something that you can't fight head on.

And stay off the 6 dude pile up to make your point, unless the entire lobby are brain dead, it's very unlikely that it will happen. The most I got was 3.

Also, what if your current setup is only good for mid/long rang engagements, like a Vectis or Sybaris? Should you be punished just because some mindless tard decided to rely on Martial Magnetism to do his work for him? No. 

At the same time, those people ain't risking jack if winning is their only goal. What are they suppose to be risking? Energy? You start with 25 energy regardless and it grow like bacteria. KD? Deaths don't mean anything as long as they pick up enough Oro to win. It's entirely possible to win a game of Annihilation without getting a single kill, and that complete BS. At least in Team Annihilation, if someone's stealing Oros from my kill with the same method of gluing themselves to the target with Martial Magnetism, I know that they're contributing to my team's score because it's a two sided match, not an 8 way battle royale with everyone for themselves.

If anything, a point should be split between getting a kill and picking up an Oro. Half for the kill, half for the Oro. If people want to continue piling into each other's arse and hoping that they might pick up an Oro, or get by the game solely on stealing Oros, go right at it, but they'll have to work harder to win. If people want to stay at the back of the map and slay, again, more power to them, but the same thing applies, they'll have to work harder.

Naturally, DE'll have to slow down the Oro's speed again so the stealing can actually be possible before it speeds towards someone camping at the back of the map, the speed before update 17 should work fine, i reckon.

And how do you kill 6 ppl in quick succession now? Kulstar shots.

Supra.

And stay off the 6 dude pile up to make your point, unless the entire lobby are brain dead, it's very unlikely that it will happen. The most I got was 3.

If anything, a point should be split between getting a kill and picking up an Oro. Half for the kill, half for the Oro.

6 guy pile up was a clear exaggeration.

I would recommend a ratio of 2 points for kills and 1 for oro.

Edited by 420degreequicksopeswag