Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grineer, Corpus, Infested And Now The Sentients... Can We Just Have Some *space* Wild Species?

Chub_N_Tuck

In my book, one of the better ways to keep or get people hooked to a game is making lots and lots of enemy models. I think Warframe has its fair amount of races with various enemy types, but there was always this one thing that bothered me.

Yes, the wild animals adapting to their entirements. It is a bit laughable that we only have two wild animals at the moment, the feral kubrows and the desert skates. It's really a shame that we do not see ANY other animals. I know, the catbrows are coming as well as their feral versions. But I know DE has worked on more than that.

There are some sharks and other marine species that were worked on. I know they are there in the background of the tileset too. Why don't we see them in action though? What's going on?

These are some of the concept arts. Are they really just for show?? Misguided efforts??

qlkleoC.png

P2FvF57.jpg

VbM78oc.jpg

There are a lot of projects in DE and the devs' hands are full most of the time, but I would like the devs to revisit enemy varieties, since things are getting pretty old these days. There should be much more variety in enemies if this game were to grow bigger. The number of enemy types right now is pretty shallow if I think about it.

With that said, I will talk a bit off the topic. We have a lot of planets with updated tilesets and we almost have one tileset on each planets, except Mars and Venus sharing a tileset, also Sedna, Saturn and Mercury sharing one tileset. Mars and Venus are pretty much Corpus and beginning areas, so I think they could use some other works.

A planet like Sedna though could use a rocky and desolate tileset where Grineer isn't dominating, but inhabited by various type of space monsters. Why not? I just thought it'd be cool.

I think a good reason it hasnt taken priority is because DE doesnt want to turn warframe into something like this.

level-1-mmo-characters-fighting-with-cra

They want you to feel like your work in the game is meaningful and making a difference rather than the above^^^ that's more of a training exercise if anything before you get to the real work

When implementing any kind of wildlife, they need to feel like an actual full blooded faction thats a threat like the rest.

Edited by ToxicTroublermaker

I think a good reason it hasnt taken priority is because DE doesnt want to turn warframe into something like this.

They want you to feel like your work in the game is meaningful and making a difference rather than the above^^^ that's more of a training exercise if anything before you get to the real work

When implementing any kind of wildlife, they need to feel like an actual full blooded faction thats a threat like the rest.

I don't think it's necessary.

A human solider on Earth might stumble on wildlife. It doesn't mean wildlife hinders their mission, except occasionally.

What I mean is, adding wildlife to the game doesn't mean adding a faction. It's just scenography. A lot of videogames have animals that move and act, just for show. They aren't enemies, but they deepen the atmosphere.

I do agree that we need more. I think one per planet would be enough - at least as an enemy type - but seeing others flying around would be cool too.

Earth - Kubrow

Phobos - Skates

Uranus - Sharks

Ceres - Some Kind of Vulture

Mars - Katbrow.

I want to get Tyl's fists for Archwing, and go punch a shark.

Edited by Morec0

Corpus or grineer bring back dinosaurs on earth and they go Jurassic park on them. I would love to do a mission on earth and a t-rex butts in on the fight wrecking both sides.

Edited by ravend

Corpus or grineer bring back dinosaurs on earth and they go Jurassic park on them. I would love to do a mission on earth and a t-rex butts in on the fight wrecking both sides.

"Tenno! Get to extraction! This is more ferocious than anything I've ever seen before!"

"Operator, i'm sorry, but I'm afraid that the creature has damaged my propulsion in that last attack, I have to-- GET THE HE-E-E-- retreat for now."

"New objective, Tenno. Stay alive. Whatever happens, just stay alive."

You've clearly not played enough Sharkwing to realize there is a thing called the Lanx. What is a Lanx? THAT SHARK FLOATING IN MOST OF SKYBOX. This thing will sometimes leave it's hole, cross your path, and slash proc you.

So no, those sharks are not just background effects.

Edited by LazerSkink

"Tenno! Get to extraction! This is more ferocious than anything I've ever seen before!"

"Operator, i'm sorry, but I'm afraid that the creature has damaged my propulsion in that last attack, I have to-- GET THE HE-E-E-- retreat for now."

"New objective, Tenno. Stay alive. Whatever happens, just stay alive."

Then the dinosaurs discover the Grineer augmentation technology and we get a new boss fight:

"BWAHAHAHA! TENNOOOOO! Welcome... To! JURASSIC. HEK! HAAAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!"

A Grineer wildlife reserve on Earth. The twin Queens royal game. Maybe even run into a Grineer huntress. A place to practice stealth and scan really weird wildlife on Earth. Oberon parts could only drop from like a giant wild dire stag maybe. Bonus XP for bow kills. I dunno. I do want more animals and more jungle.

You've clearly not played enough Sharkwing to realize there is a thing called the Lanx. What is a Lanx? THAT SHARK FLOATING IN MOST OF SKYBOX. This thing will sometimes leave it's hole, cross your path, and slash proc you.

So no, those sharks are not just background effects.

Aw, but we can't punch them?

Or have Tyl Regor put an Atomos on their heads?

DE pls.