The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Are Kubrow Name's Permanent?

(XBOX)SciMan Says

Maybe you should have checked what type of Kubrow you got in your mods section before naming it something crazy, amiright?

No, but seriously. Kubrow names should be permanent IMO. Thought you should be able to see what Kubrow type it is when you name it.

Is there a particular reason for this? I don't really see why people should be forced/punished to pick one name for a Kubrow and not allowed to change it later on. 

Is it like some coding/programming reason?

Im find with the perminent name system its like would you change your dogs real name if you didn't like it overtime?

I named my Kubrow Buttstalion :3

IMO, the name should  be changed as often as you want. i see no reason not to have it that way.

The reason is simple its not right to change a real dogs name therefore DE was going for: its not right to change your kubrows name but i dont see why you're complaining i named my Kubrow

Buttstalion and he's great! :3

Im find with the perminent name system its like would you change your dogs real name if you didn't like it overtime?

I named my Kubrow Buttstalion :3

would you just up and change your dog's name? I get that a dog and a bunch of 1's and 0's are worlds apart, but i think that is the idea DE was going for.

The reason is simple its not right to change a real dogs name therefore DE was going for: its not right to change your kubrows name but i dont see why you're complaining i named my Kubrow

Buttstalion and he's great! :3

Have any of you ever adopted a dog from a previous owner? Dog names can be changed as often as you want. Same goes for any pet. My brother's dog (she stays with me) has different names depending on who is calling her. Same goes for our cats. Dogs are not nearly as resistant to name changes as humans. Tomorrow I could decide to call her Sue and she's figure out who I was calling by the end of the day.

Not that any of that matters since this is a video game. I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to change the name as often as we'd like. It would be nice to not have to guess at how my kubrow will look when it matures.

Have any of you ever adopted a dog from a previous owner? Dog names can be changed as often as you want. Same goes for any pet. My brother's dog (she stays with me) has different names depending on who is calling her. Same goes for our cats. Dogs are not nearly as resistant to name changes as humans. Tomorrow I could decide to call her Sue and she's figure out who I was calling by the end of the day.

Not that any of that matters since this is a video game. I see no reason why we shouldn't be able to change the name as often as we'd like. It would be nice to not have to guess at how my kubrow will look when it matures.

Yeah but yooou didn't adopt a Kubrow you raised him so the rule still aply and your point is? You have nooooooo point

Me and my pal Buttstalion! X3

Yeah but yooou didn't adopt a Kubrow you raised him so the rule still aply and your point is? You have nooooooo point

Me and my pal Buttstalion! X3

My brother didn't adopt his dog either. I brought up dog adoption because I figured that was the example most people would be familiar with. Adopting a dog that is perfect in every way... except his previous owners named him Hitler is a quick way to learn just how easily dogs can have their names changed. Same goes for raising a dog from its time as a puppy. My point still applies, and there is no anti-renaming rule. Fact is, you and all those claiming you wouldn't just rename a dog are the ones who don't have a solid argument.

TL;DR- Dogs can be renamed, anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. You not wanting to is not proof that it can't be done.

My brother didn't adopt his dog either. I brought up dog adoption because I figured that was the example most people would be familiar with. Adopting a dog that is perfect in every way... except his previous owners named him Hitler is a quick way to learn just how easily dogs can have their names changed. Same goes for raising a dog from its time as a puppy. My point still applies, and there is no anti-renaming rule. Fact is, you and all those claiming you wouldn't just rename a dog are the ones who don't have a solid argument.

TL;DR- Dogs can be renamed, anyone who thinks otherwise is wrong. You not wanting to is not proof that it can't be done.

Are we still talking about Kubrow oooor actual dogs now? :/

would you just up and change your dog's name? I get that a dog and a bunch of 1's and 0's are worlds apart, but i think that is the idea DE was going for.

Do you also spend 15 seconds naming your dog in real life that will also be its name forever? No - you think about it for a bit.

Kubrow naming can catch us off guard, as we aren't allowed to bypass the menu without naming it. So lack of creative ideas in that single moment will lead to a horrible named Kubrow.

Let us choose when to name it without being locked out of other menus, or let us change Kubrow names once per Kubrow. Not all of us know how or when we are going to use the Kubrow. Also we don't know if they are going to grow big or not. Maybe I want to have an red Omega named Clifford, but I don't want to name EVERY Kubrow Clifford because I don't know if it is going to be maxed size or not.

See how this can be an issue?