Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Best Practice For Xp Affinity Leveling Against Lower Or Higher Enemies?

optical10

Question

I've got primary weapon xp login reward today so came here http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Affinity to check best use of it. 

With new WF + weapons I usually go to the best dark sector for max extra xp for say rifles, pistol & melee say Rifles-Sechura,Pluto 30 waves.

However those enemies are level 35-45 but this articles say more lower level are better, 

"Because the square root is taken of the enemy's level, the actual benefit of facing high-level enemies is minimal. For example, killing a level 100 Napalm would give 1213 Affinity, less than twice the Affinity you would get from a level 3 Napalm (623). Therefore, "farming" Affinity is easier when killing many low level enemies instead of withstanding very powerful ones."

so do i go to a lower level rifle planet to take my example above like venus, ramula dark sector level 10-20 with +5 rifle xp versus level 35-45 Sechura,Pluto +35 rifle xp?

If I try both I will presume it will be difficult to compare due to different team mates, tiles, weapons they used, my kill rate etc so I was looking for a more measured answer like the articles gives, what do you guys fine in practice?
Edited by optical10

11 answers to this question

:o this is very weird, since so far the hardest an enemy is, the more xp I get, it as been my players experience for a long wile.

But maybe I'm being fooled, there's a possibility that in fact that's true, and also not.

The fact is high level enemies tend to spawn more and faster, so high endless missions, means more enemies, which mean much much more xp.

Also, if you are fighting low lvl enemies, you might be surrounded with noobs or starters, and those people never understand the concept of shared range xp, so they tend to be door heroes, and shared xp is actually the biggest portion of acquired xp during a match.

Edited by 7grims

If soloing, go for lower, longer runs (personally do apollodrus till enemies pose a real threat when leveling frames)

For weapons, those versed in the game can go straight to high level spy missions. That, or do stealth kills in a mission. You can also do lower level endless missions (again, apollodrus)

If with a group, do high level stuff...Just make sure you all can survive

apollodorus

^

This. Mercury Survival mission. Always has groups, XP is fine, enemies are so easy at the start that you can start doing it as soon as you unlock it with your MK1- gear. Also Cambria on Earth for about the same if you need a change of map and pace.

The fact is high level enemies tend to spawn more and faster, so high endless missions, means more enemies, which mean much much more xp.

Also, if you are fighting low lvl enemies, you might be surrounded with noobs or starters, and those people never understand the concept of shared range xp, so they tend to be door heroes, and shared xp is actually the biggest portion of acquired xp during a match.

Its so hard to get random all 3 to run over wave 15 [most are credit farming so end after 5] but just done 25 on venus [see screengrab] with new tonker, but xp primary login reward is messing with the results below.

Guess similar run on pluto & draco will show what's best.

EDIT: How to insert image?

Unless you intend to follow a strict policy of how you play the game, avoid Draco like the plague. I personally hate that place because it just turns into a different game all together (an assembly line). Here's what I do.

If it is a single shot weapon that can be used to take out an enemy in one shot: Start on a low level spy mission and work your way up, gathering stealth kill xp and undetected data transfers as you go. This does require the weapon to be hushed at all times.

If it is an automatic weapon (relies on dps rather than single shot): Have it taxi on your back while you do Oceana on Pluto until it is high enough to handle its own on the Saturn survival (has an abundance of gunners which have the one of the highest xp counts).

:o this is very weird, since so far the hardest an enemy is, the more xp I get, it as been my players experience for a long wile.

But maybe I'm being fooled, there's a possibility that in fact that's true, and also not.

OP never said that higher level enemies won't give as much xp as a lower level enemy, they just said that the increase in XP from higher level won't be exponentially large as expected. Which just means if you have all level 0 gear and want to go farm xp do it on a low level mission and you won't be at much of a loss compared to a high level mission. Ofcourse, if you carry a maxed weapon with you while ranking other lower level weapons, go ahead to higher level missions and you will still obviously get more xp from there. 

Edited by Sci_Ant

One thing you should do before leveling is play Raid and search for crates to get affinity booster.

After that

If you want to max frame + 2weapons: play T2/1 D, bring one good weapon, ex atomos or tonkor and try to kill most of the enemies. Takes 2 wave 15 runs to max any frame from 0 + can max extra 2 weapons.

If you want to max weapons only: play as a support frame, ex trinity, nekros, frost etc and let others kill.

This is the method that works best for me. If you want to know what works best for you, take the timer, start the mission and count the amount of xp(yellow+blue) you get after the mission per min.

Edited by (PS4)iBoiz