Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Void Defense Spawn Mechanics Are Suprabad

Hi.

So, pretty much what topic says.

Currently 20 waves of T4 Defense may take more than an hour and this is seriously ridiculous.

why does it take that much time?

enlight me plz

Edited by Tsoe

any reports of Void Defense taking a long time to complete had better start providing some actual information to go on.

because as far as we're concerned at this point, you're all lying because we playtest Void Defense dozens and dozens of times and EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY FINE.

either provide some actual information to go on to figure out what's wrong in your case and what you're doing differently, or.... well, just give some actual freaking information.

if nobody can reproduce these issues people are complaining about, it can only be assumed that the issue doesn't actually exist.

Edited by taiiat

I just did a T4 defense yesterday to wave 20 just me on frost and a friend on Excalibur. I would say a good 40 mins, but nothing like 1h long.

Tbt, i didn't even notice that is was "slower" than before, yet, i did notice the "waves" inside each wave.

I just did a T4 defense yesterday to wave 20 just me on frost and a friend on Excalibur. I would say a good 40 mins, but nothing like 1h long.

Tbt, i didn't even notice that is was "slower" than before, yet, i did notice the "waves" inside each wave.

That's still a little long for my tastes. Taking 40 minutes to hit rotation C while it takes 20 for survival is kinda ridiculous.

why does it take that much time?

enlight me plz

any reports of Void Defense taking a long time to complete had better start providing some actual information to go on.

because as far as we're concerned at this point, you're all lying because we playtest Void Defense dozens and dozens of times and EVERYTHING WORKS PERFECTLY FINE.

either provide some actual information to go on to figure out what's wrong in your case and what you're doing differently, or.... well, just give some actual freaking information.

if nobody can reproduce these issues people are complaining about, it can only be assumed that the issue doesn't actually exist.

It's not because you didn't have any issue that doesn't exist . I got a very slow spawn rate for the enemy. it take me like 40 min to get to the wave 15 on t3 def. sometime it take more than 15 second for a enemy spawn when the wave running. 

hypothesis:maybe is some generation the enemy spawn in enough flow the so the game take more time so the number of added enemy in the last fix make the game horrible long for certain host:«probably some low end computer.»

-snip-

yes, yes, all of those stories about that it was slow is great and all (actually they're not), but it'll never be fixed if people don't actually give any information.

we don't care about more words that say 'it was slow'. yes, we got that. we need enough information to actually reproduce in testing.

chasing certain Weapons, certain Warframes, certain Abilities being used or over used, blah blah.

all no dice. everything just works normally.

the last guess that i have left for this is ridiculously low end Hosts. like, 10FPS at best.

even that might be too high for CPU to choke enough to maybe break Enemy Spawns.

please people, give some information to go on. a small number of people now and then have been complaining about Void Defense Waves going super slow for months and months.

almost nobody gives any useful information to start step 1 of solving it though.

give any information.

so.. should i record a hour-long video? or ... what, how can I help?

All i see during the T4D lately is that last few sub-waves in each wave take SUPERLONG time to spawn.  sometimes, after i killed the last unit in a sub-wave - I have enough time to walk across entire location, pick all the mods, ammo, other stuff, post something in the chat, reload all my weapons, and scratch my butt BEFORE next sub-wave begins

and the higher the wave number - the harder it gets. It is almost ok up to wave 10. but after 15 it becomes horrible and waves 19 and 20 take more time than like.. 5 previous waves combined

Edited by NOSCOPE_xGET_GUDx_BLAZER

Defense in high tier void feels definitely slower, I did T3D two times since update 17. Just getting to rotation C which is 20 waves mark can took 40-60 min. Where 20 wave can took up to 10min without speed nova and specific warframe combinations. So the new players will suffer the most.

For reference before the update I was doing 60 waves in 70 min. (timestamp in chat).

I'm pretty sure host had 50-60fps, I usually ask people with good cpu to host the game.

Edited by HEYORI

My experience:

Yesterday: wave 36 (may be 37) of T4D, start to realize that enemy spawn too slow. Finally forced to ABORT without any reward at 37 (may be 38) since there's no more spawned for 2-3 minutes.

Today: wave 29 of T3D, enemy spawn too slow AGAIN. This time, we make it to exit at 30.

My Theory:

Read somewhere that DE decide to reduce spawn rate of weak troops during high wave to make room for strong troops. Is it possible that the system was still designed to spawn strong unit after X times of spawning weak unit? Thus by reducing spawning rate of weak unit, automatically reduce spawning rate of strong unit, until finally nothing spawned?

yes, yes, all of those stories about that it was slow is great and all (actually they're not), but it'll never be fixed if people don't actually give any information.

we don't care about more words that say 'it was slow'. yes, we got that. we need enough information to actually reproduce in testing.
chasing certain Weapons, certain Warframes, certain Abilities being used or over used, blah blah.

all no dice. everything just works normally.
the last guess that i have left for this is ridiculously low end Hosts. like, 10FPS at best.
even that might be too high for CPU to choke enough to maybe break Enemy Spawns.

please people, give some information to go on. a small number of people now and then have been complaining about Void Defense Waves going super slow for months and months.
almost nobody gives any useful information to start step 1 of solving it though.

- If you are playing with friend(s), do they experience warping mobs or running on the spot?
- Do mobs get stuck in doors a lot, or just not spawn?
- At what point does it start?

Win10, i7, 8GB ram, Geforce 680

Personally, I get few mobs stuck in doors, but most often toward the end of a wave, and usually a orokin drone or something stuck far away, usually starts around wave 11. Nowhere near hour long games for 20 waves, but it's usually around 40 mins.

Agree that going onwards of 30 waves in T4D does result in bigger gaps between mob appearances.
Not done a 40 minute def since the update to test further...yet.

My Theory

but can you reproduce it? because i'm saying that we can't. it always works fine, every single time it's tested. even running on a script just running for an entire afternoon, and it always goes just fine.

without any explanation at all as to how this is happening for select Players but nobody else, it can only be assumed that it's false or... people are just lying.

It ALWAYS occurs during my high wave tower defense mission. Most often I stop at wave 20. Why would I risk LOSING the loot against brutal enemy that can leech energy, stunlock, and can even force me to abort mission by not spawning at all :p

but can you reproduce it? because i'm saying that we can't. it always works fine, every single time it's tested. even running on a script just running for an entire afternoon, and it always goes just fine.

I'm late to the party but...

Did T3 Defense few days after U17 hit PC. We went for 20 waves. By the time we reached wave 15 enemies were literally spawning 1 at the time. We got to wave 17 and you know how much time passed since we started the mission? roughly  37 minutes. 37 minutes for 17 waves. I quit the game because enemies were spawning in quantity of 1 every 20,30 sec or so. So yeah...I don't know to reproduce the bug but it happened and boy were we happy.

Edited by Cerberus_Sokol