Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Pvp] Frost Snow Globe

_BUSHIDO_

I go straight to the point.

I've played a match with a really good team against me and some others, they were basically immortal due to the frost guy.

He just kept on going his snow globe, which is not as hard as one might think. For 75 points energy you can activate a 360° shield that freeze the opponent inside really bad.

No duration, just hp, quite a lot: by the time you have destroyed it, with a bad team that keep on trying to kill him from the inside and dropping energy in it, he will re-cast it again and again.

Now, i've had really a bad time whit this guys, not for the mechanic of the game itself but for the team ( there was also a oberon that was casting his black energy carpet in the globe to make things easier for them) which was really hard to fight against.

We have really powerfull abilities that stagger and knocdown people BUT we have mod to counter those powers, at least a little.

The first thing that could happen would be a nerf to that hp, making easier and easier to tear apart that little heaven of cheap kills.

The second thing would  be something like giving some mods that can give some immunity at least inside the globe, 5, 3 seconds, not that much: something to prevent the camping of all the team inside.

This is my"constructive"feedback, I still believe that the probelm ,or if we can call it,was of the team and their team work, which was a really good job, tactically speaking but still, I was feeling that something was in the wrong place. What do you think about it? I hope that somebody has got the same experience as me, to give resonance to this.

Let me know what do you think about it, peace.

Kinda wish they just removed the slow down effect from Snow Globe. The power is already unbalanced by the fact that you can shoot through it on the inside but they can't shoot back, without crippling players with a massive increase in TTK.

It'll be nice if we had some sort of counter to the Snow Globe, and in this case, going right in his face. It's like flanking around an Electric Shield user.

I'm still against objects that you can shoot through but not the other way around. If DE ever decides to put turrets in PvP..... ugh.

Kinda wish they just removed the slow down effect from Snow Globe. The power is already unbalanced by the fact that you can shoot through it on the inside but they can't shoot back, without crippling players with a massive increase in TTK.

It'll be nice if we had some sort of counter to the Snow Globe, and in this case, going right in his face. It's like flanking around an Electric Shield user.

I'm still against objects that you can shoot through but not the other way around. If DE ever decides to put turrets in PvP..... ugh.

Yes, one of the most common tactics is jumping inside and spamming melee; even if the slow down effect would be removed, his passive ability to freeze enemies in melee for a second plus his stats are enough to win a 1 v 1 close fight situation. And if you had a guy with channeling bo prime inside, is ended for everyone and everything, slow down effect or not... 

its fine as it is, the players cant be so strategically impaired forever, the low level of thinkin in game is unacceptable, the changes to energy acquisition have made it all even easier, if they cant learn to not enter the bubble after their 10th death, then its our job to rain fire on them as in every pvp game where the noob fells for the same stone over and over again, they are insane; and they can be saved; as this fine gentleman explains:

I go straight to the point.

I've played a match with a really good team against me and some others, they were basically immortal due to the frost guy.

He just kept on going his snow globe, which is not as hard as one might think. For 75 points energy you can activate a 360° shield that freeze the opponent inside really bad.

No duration, just hp, quite a lot: by the time you have destroyed it, with a bad team that keep on trying to kill him from the inside and dropping energy in it, he will re-cast it again and again.

Now, i've had really a bad time whit this guys, not for the mechanic of the game itself but for the team ( there was also a oberon that was casting his black energy carpet in the globe to make things easier for them) which was really hard to fight against.

We have really powerfull abilities that stagger and knocdown people BUT we have mod to counter those powers, at least a little.

The first thing that could happen would be a nerf to that hp, making easier and easier to tear apart that little heaven of cheap kills.

The second thing would be something like giving some mods that can give some immunity at least inside the globe, 5, 3 seconds, not that much: something to prevent the camping of all the team inside.

This is my"constructive"feedback, I still believe that the probelm ,or if we can call it,was of the team and their team work, which was a really good job, tactically speaking but still, I was feeling that something was in the wrong place. What do you think about it? I hope that somebody has got the same experience as me, to give resonance to this.

Let me know what do you think about it, peace.

here are ways to counter snowglobe.

rhinocharge or slash dash the frost and shoot once. Bing bang boom no more globe.

ash ult, excals ult, embers ult, oberons ult, oberons second ability, equinox sleep, equinox day ult, nyx absorb, valk ult, valk ripline, valk in general (tanky *@##$), opticor 3 shots, several bow shots, several vasto shots, any high damage weapon. Channeling Bo prime user, rhino ult. The. Lost. Goes. On. Yeah its hard to counter but its completely possible. I have been playing as frost and his globe is no safe haven j less your only form of attack is a bloody frontal assault. It takes strategy to take out a globe or just brute force. Fun fact the slow down only affects movement speed relative to running. Parkour is still fast. Shooting isn't slowed.

countering bubble is completely possible. You can also just stay away if you don't know how. Personally it sounds like you were fighting a good team and they just wrekt you cuase they are intelligent and let the powers synergize. Its still possible to beat them. Completely possible. Snow globe doesn't need a nerf. You just need to cut out with the frontal assault group up and take down the frost with any of the above mentioned abilities and a whole lot more. Stop begging for an needed nerf.

oh my god you actually said it yourself and I quote "not for the mechanic of the game but for the team" yeah it was a good team and you were cannon fodder for a round. Live with it this happens to the best of us.

Edited by Olivionic_Gearhart

Need a timer on it, or a decay effect like Rhino's Iron Skin. It's pretty much 360 degree invulnerability. And Frost P is already tankier than Rhino.

yeah cuase you can go inside rhinos skin and shoot him. Honestly. Grab some akmangus and akvasto and watch frosts die in their globe. I can't count the number of times both I have been and have wrekt frosts inside there globe with those guns. Hell I've even done it with the soma prime and with the bleedin dera. Learn how to aim. You ain't goin to be moving land some head shots.oreover hit him with an excal ability or with rhino charge, or any other god darned ability. Its not god mode unless you just throw yourself at it. Approach it intelligently and its not a problem. Besides if everyone shoots it the globe will go down almost instantly it doesn't have nearly as much health as you think.

The problem with snow globe is its HP. I was playing against a frost who decided to hide in his globe. I was a squishy mag and had no intention of fighting him with such a disadvantage. I was using the prisma grakata. I emptied 156 rounds into it [my full clip] from a vantage point where the frost could not attack me. The globe was still standing there after I had emptied my clip! You wot mate. It should not be able to each that much ammo. Give it like 200-300 health, if players have to waste ammo to destroy it, it already has provided a tactical advantage. It's current HP is huge.

When frost left the bubble I proceeded to finish it off with my melee, it took quite a few more hits to actually destroy it.

I like to aim glide into the globe and get the bow headshot, its a 50/50 chance that ill get the hit but it feels so rewarding when you pull it off.

The slow affects your fire rate and bow charge time, so it is just high risk with little reward. Snow Globe needs decaying HP with cooldown to prevent it's abuse. Frost is already pretty much a goliath at close quarters. Giving him AoE slow, damage protection and free time to hunt energy is just overpowered

yeah cuase you can go inside rhinos skin and shoot him. Honestly. Grab some akmangus and akvasto and watch frosts die in their globe. I can't count the number of times both I have been and have wrekt frosts inside there globe with those guns. Hell I've even done it with the soma prime and with the bleedin dera. Learn how to aim. You ain't goin to be moving land some head shots.oreover hit him with an excal ability or with rhino charge, or any other god darned ability. Its not god mode unless you just throw yourself at it. Approach it intelligently and its not a problem. Besides if everyone shoots it the globe will go down almost instantly it doesn't have nearly as much health as you think.

Stop babbling nonsense. Snow Globe HP IS huge. I've dried a Prisma Gorgon on it and the thing was still standing.

Also, as I said before, slow affects how fast you'll begin to attack. Frost can just Boltor your face away

Edited by Tchesco

The slow affects your fire rate and bow charge time, so it is just high risk with little reward. Snow Globe needs decaying HP with cooldown to prevent it's abuse. Frost is already pretty much a goliath at close quarters. Giving him AoE slow, damage protection and free time to hunt energy is just overpowered

Unless they've changed the Cold effect again while I was away, the fire rate of your weapons is not affected by it. Melee is, though.

Unless they've changed the Cold effect again while I was away, the fire rate of your weapons is not affected by it. Melee is, though.

Cold does screw up your fire rate of both guns and melee. It even decreases cast speed.

It makes dealing with frost globe extremely difficult when you move and shoot at half speed while inside it.

Edited by Pythadragon

Cold does screw up your fire rate of both guns and melee. It even decreases cast speed.

It makes dealing with frost globe extremely difficult when you move and shoot at half speed while inside it.

I just fought a Frost in his Snow Globe and it didn't seem to make a difference to my fire rate, maybe it's a host/client thing?

I just fought a Frost in his Snow Globe and it didn't seem to make a difference to my fire rate, maybe it's a host/client thing?

it does slow all, including guns, but if you are using using semi autos with high firerate you may not notice it, by example vastos