Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"throwing Knives Logic" Or "my Powecreep-Sence Tingling"

derclaw

Imo Kunai need a nerf - best on reload speed.Why?

Because nerfing the reload speed is the only thing that won´t heavily influence it´s effectiveness as stealth weapon.

Imo the reload should be long - you have, infact, only 10 knifes visible on your suit, where do you get the other 210 from?Do the tenno pull it out of their asses?Probably not.

Give it a pretty long reloading time and it will be fine(Maybe nerf damage for both despair and kunai by 5)

They have it right next to their 510 rifle ammunition.

Kunai is not a high DPS weapon.  No need for nerf.

They have it right next to their 510 rifle ammunition.

Kunai is not a high DPS weapon.  No need for nerf.

This. Also if the wiki is right about the research weaponry from the dojo... well, there you can call nerfnerfnerf!!!

I might have spoken too soon before on my previous post a few pages back in this topic since my despair are now maxed and seem relatively average or above average but not OP whatsoever in late game maps. The only thing I could say, if this makes any sense, is to scale down their early game effectiveness a little bit because they are a bit too strong there but in the end they are not the strongest or OP at all. Their reload could also use a very very small increase too and maybe 2-3 less per clip but that is it and even then idk.

Because nerfing the reload speed is the only thing that won´t heavily influence it´s effectiveness as stealth weapon.

Imo the reload should be long - you have, infact, only 10 knifes visible on your suit, where do you get the other 210 from?Do the tenno pull it out of their asses?Probably not.

Give it a pretty long reloading time and it will be fine(Maybe nerf damage for both despair and kunai by 5)

yeah genius, and your paris only has 3 arrows in your quiver. Where are you going to store the other 70 arrows, and even if you do find a way, why don't you look like a porcupine?

True, reload speed doesn't affect stealth as much, but your reasoning is crap

Edited by CelsiusPrime

my question is....why do you guys even care about nerfs or buffs? there's not really a pvp scene in this game so if there's an overpowered weapon it only helps us. This topic is just seems like complaining because the creator was probably using ak boltos and is mad that those aren't the top weapons now. nerf the weapons? pfft....makes no sense in a PVE game.

TO DEVS: thank you for the kunai. i am absolutely satisfied with them in there current state. no tweak required.

^

I might have spoken too soon before on my previous post a few pages back in this topic since my despair are now maxed and seem relatively average or above average but not OP whatsoever in late game maps. 

THIS here is right on the mark. I own both the Despair and the Kunai and to kill two birds with one stone, they honestly don't need a nerf it doesn't trump in anything really DPS accuracy or rate of fire. If I were using a better computer I'd probably be spitting out twice the damage with my Akboltos which usually have their firerate cut in half due to fps lag. As for the Despair vs Kunai debate I don't know how many people noticed they're more situational then the Kunai considering they do 50% less to infesteds and 50% more to Greneer which makes infested missions much harder and makes the decision between Kunai and Despair a much harder one.

People are having "fun" with this weapon because it allows them to kill things much faster than they are normally able. It's like typing "poweroverwhelming" into the game then proceeding to annihilate any enemy in the blink of an eye. These things are as broken as Boltor v1.0 and removes all challenge from the game.

A level 11 kunai without a potato can oneshot level 35 grineer to the body while maintaining perfect accuracy.

A potatoed despair is unfair to any mission enemies in this game. Level 150s don't stand a chance and I'm sure that level 200+s will still evaporate under fire from these things. In any case, they kill faster than every other weapon in the game.

There is not a single justification for ANYTHING that makes the combat elements of this game obsolete. As they currently stand, the Kunai and Despair are cheat codes to kill any target in a blink of an eye. Like Mag's ultimate, like Banshee's ultimate, like Rhino's skin, they will be nerfed; there is no doubt about that.

Edited by Tryysaeder

so we can only have 4 shots with the dread

we can only have 1 magazine for every other weapon because there are no visible ammo packs

pff my akbolto is still the king of my sidearms.

i have noticed one thing with the kunais and multishot...

it wont throw two blades at a time. it will throw two blades fast after eachother.

thats a huge difference.

also my akbolto rof is still impressive, compared to Kunais

Edited by LazerusKI

my question is....why do you guys even care about nerfs or buffs? there's not really a pvp scene in this game so if there's an overpowered weapon it only helps us. This topic is just seems like complaining because the creator was probably using ak boltos and is mad that those aren't the top weapons now. nerf the weapons? pfft....makes no sense in a PVE game.

TO DEVS: thank you for the kunai. i am absolutely satisfied with them in there current state. no tweak required.

Dont feed me with you bullS#&$ of absolute not understanding plain balance rules. Simple answer - why this ugly OP S#&$ animation bling bling piece of steel leaving me absolutly no choice of what i have to play with - just because it have far superiorer stats then any  other side arm atm?

D.E one more time proved their incompetence in terms of balance - Pve ? no need a balance? leave those storyes to  yourself . Its only me should be able to decide with what i want to oblitirate my pve friends -  not weapon over powered stats  the game stats thats leaving no choice in the eye of every reasonable man.   >Thats why. <

Dont feed me with you bullS#&$ of absolute not understanding plain balance rules. Simple answer - why this ugly OP S#&$ animation bling bling piece of steel leaving me absolutly no choice of what i have to play with - just because it have far superiorer stats then any  other side arm atm?

D.E one more time proved their incompetence in terms of balance - Pve ? no need a balance? leave those storyes to  yourself . Its only me should be able to decide with what i want to oblitirate my pve friends -  not weapon over powered stats  the game stats thats leaving no choice in the eye of every reasonable man.   >Thats why. <

Get a Kunai. Level it to 30. Potato it. Mod it well. Go to Pluto. Try using it there. Come back and repent for your sins.

No, seriously. It's not at all fair to say a weapon stomps faces in when you're not:

a) using it to it's full potential

and

b) experiencing endgame content, around which a majorly modular weapons system like Warframe should be balanced.

I love my Kunai in endgame content in Pluto, running Phorid in Eris, and clearing rank 3 Void Towers. It's not at all overpowered against enemies it's designed for.

Get a Kunai. Level it to 30. Potato it. Mod it well. Go to Pluto. Try using it there. Come back and repent for your sins.

No, seriously. It's not at all fair to say a weapon stomps faces in when you're not:

a) using it to it's full potential

and

b) experiencing endgame content, around which a majorly modular weapons system like Warframe should be balanced.

I love my Kunai in endgame content in Pluto, running Phorid in Eris, and clearing rank 3 Void Towers. It's not at all overpowered against enemies it's designed for.

If it's designed for higher areas, then it should be XP locked for lvl 7 or higher. Either way it disrupts both PvE and PvP

Bring on the nerf please! Make these stats for both Kunai and Despair, but give Kunai armor piercing and Despair puncture

30.0 dmg

2.0 fire rate

6 clip

36 spare ammo

great idea *sarcasm*

kunais are fine.

you cant hit at long range with them

they have travel time

no critical hits

Ok, Powercreep - is a term that means that at some stage of a game devs start to introduce game elements that make old elements obsolet.

So today's topic is - Kunai.

A humble throwing knives, that for magical reason ignore thik metall armor, can be throw at speed of sound, silent and have dmg-per throw equal to Kraken shot (but also ignores armor).

Ok, people were arguing that Bolto\AkBolto was king of sidearms.... well long live the King - seems like we have new King here.

Kunai are owerpowerd as hell. There is no reason to use anything else right now, except for some cosmetic\swag thing when peole just cant stand the look of Kunai. Even the fact that they have curved trajectory doesnt help - you throw them at such speed that you can easly adjust your aim, cause you dont need every shot to count.

Base dmg 45, its the base dmg of taping Paris. and you cant tap Paris shots as fast as you throw Kunai.

On top of that - standart pistols ammo pool. 210 knives, that can be brought to 400 with mods.

Devs imo - think of introducing diffeent ammo reserves as a balancing option, not only DPS or Crit chance. Yes kunay doesnt crit - but base dmg is so high and reload speed is so fast that you just dont give a damn about anything else and just stack dmg on top of dmg.

Make sub categories for sidearms in ammo types:

Throwing - 80 max ammo, but huge dmg and armor penetration.

Heavy pistols - 100-120 max ammo. Huge dmg, pin-point acuracy, slow fiering speed.

Medium pistols (Lato, Bolto, Sicarus) - 210 ammo. Semi auto, medium dmg with some tweaks.

Machine pistols - 400 ammo. Low dmg, huge fire rate, full auto, bullet hoags.

WIth this you can still keep the power of throwing knives, but people wont be able to use them as main source of dmg, unless they will run a Pistol Scav artifact.

Also make ammo pick-ups being something like 5-10% of max ammo.

That also will addres issue with machine pistols, when they need 2-3 ammo pick ups to get the same ammount dmg output where Lex will need like 1/2 of ammo pick up.

Im using despair atm. I agree their a little op right now, but i'd keep them as they are, with on tweek. No ammo collection. With the fast rate of fire, you could go through the whole reserve in half a mission, so it could be a good balance.

Comparative DPS:

Kunai:

Dmg: 45

RoF: 3.3

DPS: 148.5

Akbolto:

Dmg: 25

Rof: 10

DPS: 250

Akbolto is the clear winner here, even before we consider that Akbolto has three times the magazine capacity.

Soo... I expect a bunch of people here will now be running out and making "Nerf Akbolto" threads.

It is indeed awesome, I can atest to that having one @30 and i'm not thinking of using anything else atm as I love everything about it.

I won't be a hypocrite... I'd hate to see it nerfed in any way, I'd rather have the other weapons buffed, rather than nerfing the kunai.

But... well if it MUST be nerfed, i'd vote giving it less range and accuracy via making the blade drop faster and more.

My reasoning is the loadout it was seemingly specifically designed for: Paris + Kunai + Any melee i guess but probably Glaive above all others).

The Paris is good for single enemies at medium to long range. It is however very impractical vs close groups of enemies and swarms of infested.

That's where the kunai should be good, close to medium range vs many enemies, the weakness of the paris. So nerfing anything that messes with the damage output or fire rate will cripple it's utility in it's intended role.

So by making it the opposite of the paris, good close horrible at distance, you don't actually nerf it beyond reinforcing it's inteded niche/role.

This is just my two cents. I may be wrong it I only inteded this as my personal opinion, not assuming this is fact.

Cheers.

If it's designed for higher areas, then it should be XP locked for lvl 7 or higher. Either way it disrupts both PvE and PvP

pfft, what pvp ? Also if you don't like it when people use it in pve, just leave room, and take your ego with you.

Seriously, it doesn't hurt anyone when people use a certain type a weapon, this is a PVE COOP GAME, You work with your teammate, so if it still gets the job done in the end, why complain ? And Kunai (or despair) is not the be all and end all, dps and accuracy wise, many other guns still outclass it

pfft, what pvp ? Also if you don't like it when people use it in pve, just leave room, and take your ego with you.

Seriously, it doesn't hurt anyone when people use a certain type a weapon, this is a PVE COOP GAME, You work with your teammate, so if it still gets the job done in the end, why complain ? And Kunai (or despair) is not the be all and end all, dps and accuracy wise, many other guns still outclass it

probably dueling pvp, but honestly who would use weapons if you just can 1hit with spells :D?

Please try pushing that Kunai/Despair are the best weapons after doing high level planets with it.

Once you get to higher level planets or Tower III missions you'll see that they are not OP at all and there are other pistols which can easily out damage them at those levels. And the flight time and downward curve are drawbacks to using them at any range.