Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Harpak Needs A Change

_Absolom_

DE, please change the weapon to actually reflect the flavor text. 
-Burst fire needs to go, give us full-auto trigger!

-Burst fire is just incredibly BROKEN atm, and you fail to realize that. The fact that fire rate mods have no effect on burst weapons just puts their DPS to hell AND make them annoying to use.
PLEASE change these things, I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only person fed up with this. 

I don't find the Harpak to be so broken as some people do apparently.

* fire rate mods reduce the time between bursts on burst fire weapons

* the recoil isn't hard to deal with, you just need to pull your mouse downward slightly as you shoot.  Or consider adding the mod Stabilizer.

It's a little quirky and it's certainly not the Mega OP Flavor Of The Month so it won't appeal to everybody, but the only thing actually wrong with it is  ^as Oranji pointed out, punch through makes the harpoon feature not work.

The problem is that firerate doesn't affect how quickly that burst is fired, and as a result, firerate mods do nothing.

they do, they reduce the time between bursts thus increasing dps/total output. I can clearly feel the difference on using firerate mods on burst weapon compared to the standard firerate of the burst weapon.

QFT right here. This is the main issue.

Having less down time in between bursts is a straight up DPS increase over not having fire rate. It might not be as much as you would expect, or desire, but it's not negligible, either--even if it is less of a DPS increase than, say, another elemental mod.

I always find this a strange complain with them. Most of the burst weapons I can think of actually perform fairly well, despite that fire rate doesn't affect them the way you would think they do. And, I mean, the Castanas family have much worse problems. They don't particularly benefit from fire rate, multi-shot, or reload speed.

Edited by YagoXiten

Having less down time in between bursts is a straight up DPS increase over not having fire rate. It might not be as much as you would expect, or desire, but it's not negligible, either--even if it is less of a DPS increase than, say, another elemental mod.

I always find this a strange complain with them. Most of the burst weapons I can think of actually perform fairly well, despite that fire rate doesn't affect them the way you would think they do. And, I mean, the Castanas family have much worse problems. They don't particularly benefit from fire rate, multi-shot, or reload speed.

well castanas do benefit from multishot, because instead of throwing one in the face of an enemy you throw two or three in the face with one click which essentially 2x/3x the damage. Edited by Aeon66

Please, continue to tell us how you know more than the devs about their own game, and can also read their minds.

Creepy-Condescending-Wonka.jpg

I actually play the game. Also if they realized that, they would've done something about it like, I don't know, months ago, when this issue started.

I actually play the game. Also if they realized that, they would've done something about it like, I don't know, months ago, when this issue started.

but maybe they dont see it as a issue as you do, or its just really far down the priority list. Edited by Aeon66