Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kicked From Trade Because Of "caps" Stem The Spread Of Insanity

LeMoog

What is the deal with this? If DE dont want people using capital letters in chat why don't they spend 5 minutes adding lowercase() function to the text input.

Personally I find this obsessive aversion to caps and the suggestion caps=shouting as being on a par with Synesthesia.

Seriously those without a mental condition are not offended by upper/lowercase but clearly someone with power to censor the chat in WF threads does.

I use capslock for crouch ingame simply because my hands are man sized, this means my text changes case randomly depending upon when I start typing.

Being censored and kicked from chat because some mentalcases seeing big letters as threatening is punishing normal people for not being insane.

For anybody who feels uncomfortable with caps then can I suggest this may indicate an underlying mental problem that if not dealt with may impact on your social life, seek medical advice now and maybe you won't spend your life wondering why you don't fit in.

Edited by LeMoog

It's nothing to do with upper case being threatening, it's because it fills the chat, is plain annoying, and is basically spam:

IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH UPPER CASE BEING THREATENING, IT'S BECAUSE IT FILLS THE CHAT, IS PLAIN ANNOYING, AND IS BASICALLY SPAM.

It's nothing to do with upper case being threatening, it's because it fills the chat, is plain annoying, and is basically spam:

IT'S NOTHING TO DO WITH UPPER CASE BEING THREATENING, IT'S BECAUSE IT FILLS THE CHAT, IS PLAIN ANNOYING, AND IS BASICALLY SPAM.

Typing the same thing twice would indeed be spam and the chat already filters this, being annoyed because the text is in uppercase is the abnormal behavior I am referring to.

Edited by LeMoog

Well maybe look down every so often

Time is often a factor in these text chats, I am not looking to cause unnecesary offense but at the end of the day people who are unware of a mental condition should be challenged so they address their abberation and so improve the quality of their life.

Time is often a factor in these text chats, I am not looking to cause unnecesary offense but at the end of the day people who are unware of a mental condition should be challenged so they address their abberation and so improve the quality of their life.

Time is a factor?  In posting a wts or wtb ad?  Why?  I guess I don't see the need to post in trading chat so fast that I can't even look at what I'm typing...

Easier fix...don't type in all caps.

Why? before the change I would occasionally type in all caps but as I said it would be because I touchtype, ingame chat where I am having to format the text because some people have a problem means I am not able to play.

I installed this game to shoot/slashing AI not improve my ingame typing ability, I do not have a problem so why should I be punished because others do.

Time is a factor?  In posting a wts or wtb ad?  Why?  I guess I don't see the need to post in trading chat so fast that I can't even look at what I'm typing...

Time is a factor if an item is so hot that people want to buy it fast. Sell, not so much. I still agree that one can always check if they have caps on or off before they type. I guess people's habits die hard.

Typing the same thing twice would indeed be spam and the chat already filters this

^ Calls people mentally challenged, yet doesn't understand what the guy trying to say...

His point is that text written in caps takes considerably larger space. 

after all this time on the internet i still cannot possibly fathom why people can even be "offended" by caps or anything

its so sad.. those people banning a guy in tradespam i mean chat for using caps are at fault for school shootings lol

Why? before the change I would occasionally type in all caps but as I said it would be because I touchtype, ingame chat where I am having to format the text because some people have a problem means I am not able to play.

I installed this game to shoot/slashing AI not improve my ingame typing ability, I do not have a problem so why should I be punished because others do.

Then there shouldn't be a problem avoiding chat altogether? I see no reason for you to fuss about the game when you are most certainly here only for shooting and slashing AI. You are having a case of what's called 'first world problems', friend. You need to slow down a bit and check your keyboard every time you want to chat. Or bind crouch to another key that's near that caps.

Then don't type if its so hard for you to type in lower cases, and go shoot/slash AI.

^ Calls people mentally challenged, yet doesn't understand what the guy trying to say...

His point is that text written in caps takes considerably larger space. 

You are the only one who said "mentally challenged" for my part I understood what the poster was tying to communicate but to me both texts are equally readable, if I saw either in chat I would not feel the need to tell him he was doing anything wrogn other than posting the same information twice.

That he feels "annoyed" by caps is apparent from his post

Then don't type if its so hard for you to type in lower cases, and go shoot/slash AI.

So avoid censorship by keeping quiet, way to limit my franchise as it upsets the irrational

Of all the thing we can complain about, like drop rate, AI, frames/ weapons balance etc now we have complain about FREAKING NOT BE ABLE TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS IN TRADE CHAT. IT TAKES TOO MUCH SPACE AND LOOKS UGLY AS HELL. WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND?

I am not demanding to type in caps, I just dont want to be punished for doing so.

That the censorship is based upon insanity is the reason for my post here

You are the only one who said "mentally challenged" for my part I understood what the poster was tying to communicate but to me both texts are equally readable, if I saw either in chat I would not feel the need to tell him he was doing anything wrogn other than posting the same information twice.

That he feels "annoyed" by caps is apparent from his post

Yeah right. 

"For anybody who feels uncomfortable with caps then can I suggest this may indicate an underlying mental problem ....."

Learn English. His post clearly indicates that he is annoyed that text in Caps takes more space, making it look like a spam, Not how readable it is.