The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Expansion To Other Solar Systems?

_Fracture8

Well would we potentially see an expansion in the Solar Map to other Solar Systems? I'm betting that before full release we'll see something like this. Since the current Solar Map is quite stale in terms of difficulty.

Any thoughts?

Edit: Repeated sentence and removed all mention of Andromeda. I'm tired and just want a decent conversation please.

Edited by KilelrDrone492

It would have been very nice to see a visit to for instance the place referenced in Mag Prime's codex entry with the "pale blue alien star", though I have no idea whether this would be feasible or not for DE's work, so I´ll remain reasonably neutral on the matter, even though I would love to be able to take a look beyond the Outer Terminus that the Corpus are said to be rebuilding and where Teshin claims there are powerful "evils" beyond.

....What? If this is sarcasm, improve it.

You didn't make a "grammar mistake", you literally asked about Andromeda.

*engaging teacher mode*

"Solar System", is the name of a number of planets and dwarf planets that orbit around a single star, for exemple we live in what is know what is a Solar System, we have a number of Planets and Dwarf Planets that orbit around our own star: the Sun.

A Galaxy is a huge junction of Stars, Planets, Asteroids, Space Dust, Dark Matter and many other substances we dont know of, its estimated that our Galaxy, the Milky Way, has around 400 BILLION Starts, which makes possible to have the same number of Solar Systems, the Galaxy is believed to have a diameter of 100-180 Light-Years (1 Light-Year = 9 TRILLION Kilometers), the distance from the Sun to Sedna is 143,73 BILLION Km, which makes the diameter of the Solar System be 287,46 BILLION Km.

To make a good comparison in size: Its like comparing the size of a Virus to the size of the Sun and even then, the Virus is too big.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Get this.

Corpus fix the Solar Rail to the part of the universe where the Sentients reside. Sentients are going to be a new faction, we already know that much.

It's entirely feasible we'll see an expansion into new territory somewhere in the future, but as of now we have no indication on when that might be or where that might be.

I must be late to this thread because I see no mention of another galaxy by OP.

No yeah, OP was originally asking if we would ever go to Andromeda. When people pointed out his mistake (some more harshly then others), he just edited his post to remove all mention of it, and tried to pass it off like he fixed some kind of typo to cover his &#!. FR3NZ4 above has quoted an already-edited-but-still-mentioning-galaxies version of OP, check it out.

*engaging teacher mode*

"Solar System", is the name of a number of planets and dwarf planets that orbit around a single star, for exemple we live in what is know what is a Solar System, we have a number of Planets and Dwarf Planets that orbit around our own star: the Sun.

A Galaxy is a huge junction of Stars, Planets, Asteroids, Space Dust, Dark Matter and many other substances we dont know of, its estimated that our Galaxy, the Milky Way, has around 400 BILLION Starts, which makes possible to have the same number of Solar Systems, the Galaxy is believed to have a diameter of 100-180 Light-Years (1 Light-Year = 9 TRILLION Kilometers), the diameter from the Sun to Neptune is 9,09 BILLION Km.

To make a good comparison in size: Its like comparing the size of a Virus to the size of the Sun and even that is too big.

Read above. I'll let you leave this here for OP, though.

No yeah, OP was originally asking if we would ever go to Andromeda. When people pointed out his mistake (some more harshly then others), he just edited his post to remove all mention of it, and tried to pass it off like he fixed some kind of typo to cover his !.

Correction, I did have a repeated sentence, I mentioned before release twice over. Something even your extravagant mind didn't pick up

You know noone had to be such an &#! about it. It's people like you that make this community so unhelpful

Get this.

Corpus fix the Solar Rail to the part of the universe where the Sentients reside. Sentients are going to be a new faction, we already know that much.

It's entirely feasible we'll see an expansion into new territory somewhere in the future, but as of now we have no indication on when that might be or where that might be.

I can see that happening, I mean Pluto's description has been forever hinting at it for years

Correction, I did have a repeated sentence, I mentioned before release twice over. Something even your extravagant mind didn't pick up

You know noone had to be such an ! about it. It's people like you that make this community so unhelpful

And I'm not gonna let you make me and everyone else that commented on galaxies look like dumbasses because you didn't want to owe up to your mistake (which admittedly wasn't that egregious, but that helped bloat it).

If we're gonna talk about solar systems anyway though, my statement still stands, sorta. Our current solar system is still full of placeholders, we need to have those fully developed first in order to have a new system. I know I don't want more placeholders. >_>

And I'm not gonna let you make me and everyone else that commented on galaxies look like dumbasses because you didn't want to owe up to your mistake (which admittedly wasn't that egregious, but that helped bloat it).

If we're gonna talk about solar systems anyway though, my statement still stands, sorta. Our current solar system is still full of placeholders, we need to have those fully developed first in order to have a new system. I know I don't want more placeholders. >_>

Are you serious? So you want to name and shame. Is that what this community represents now? I don't see how edited my topic to suit everyone elses constant spamming made you or anyone else look bad. You and others simply pointed out a problem (albeit not in the friendliest way) and I fixed it so that we can get a decent conversation going.

And like I mentioned, I'm not expecting this anytime soon. I would imagine this happening before release. Which in my estimates would be another year or more away.

Edited by KilelrDrone492

I don't see how edited my topic to suit everyone elses constant spamming made you or anyone else look bad.

Posts like those of Kao-Snake should be evidence enough to that. But I think that's enough exposition for future readers.

Edited by Mcl_BlueMadness