The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour Update Was A Volt Speed Nerf

Ratiasu

As the title says. I could scale the tallest elevator shafts in the game in mere seconds before the update. I no longer am able to zip across walls at incredible speed either. jumping goes at way less momentum than before, etc. ...

Just putting it out there.

No it wasnt.

You can still scale the tallest elevators without parkour 1.0. (the ones that you can actually wall run in) Like the ones in the void. I do it all the time, but most elevator room walls have wall running turned off for some reason. 

Edited by armedpoop

Volt's speed with his speed ability seems much lower, just running, it doesn't have anything to do with coptering. In the example Ratiasu gave, it seems that the post is about how Volt used to be able to run up the wall with a speed active to actually touch the ceiling. That is something anyone who has used a Volt would be nodding sagely at. While you can still scale most walls with the new movement system, the 3rd one so far, Volt's speed with his boost seems to have taken a hit.

Oh so you want Coptering Back

Actually yes, but this post isn't about that. This purely about normal jumping and wall-related movement.

Go back to Russia

I'm Belgian...

Edited by Ratiasu

Oh so you want Coptering Back

What is that an automated response or something? lol

Its true that volts speed made coptering super duper fast...but that is not what the OP is talking about.

As the title says. I could scale the tallest elevator shafts in the game in mere seconds before the update. I no longer am able to zip across walls at incredible speed either. jumping goes at way less momentum than before, etc. ...

Just putting it out there.

yeah I know what just you're talking about.

Since Volts speed power affected run speed, wall running was a form of running.

This new wall jumping thing is different...and doesn't seem to benefit from the speed power in the same way. 

Volt's speed with his speed ability seems much lower, just running, it doesn't have anything to do with coptering. In the example Ratiasu gave, it seems that the post is about how Volt used to be able to run up the wall with a speed active to actually touch the ceiling. That is something anyone who has used a Volt would be nodding sagely at. While you can still scale most walls with the new movement system, the 3rd one so far, Volt's speed with his boost seems to have taken a hit.

yup

No it wasnt.

You can still scale the tallest elevators without parkour 1.0. (the ones that you can actually wall run in) Like the ones in the void. I do it all the time, but most elevator room walls have wall running turned off for some reason. 

Of course it is still possible. But the speed boost you get from Speed with maxed ability power is tremendously less than it used to be. (EDIT: whilst interacting with walls)

It never gave any huge gameplay advantages, but it was incredibly fun and really improved my experience whilst doing pretty much any mission.

Basically, Volt lost its ability to quickly scale walls in one go, whereas other frames would have to do small jumping puzzles to get to. You could use some shortcuts on multi floored room tiles which weren't interesting for other frames. It's a shame.

Edited by Ratiasu

I love Parkour 2.0.  Its far, far, far easier to work with and a hellva lot more consistent. 

Parkour 1.0, my guy would wall walk like 3 feet up a wall and slide back down.  Parkour 2.0, I can goat run clear up the 30 story wall in the void to the little vent at the top of that room with the huge blue energy generators. 

And doing that coptering or w/e it was.....before it was like W, shift, space, ctrl E or something odd, annoying and inconsistent.

Now, W, shift, Ctrl, space, space, ctrl, space, space...mcuh easier to glide across rooms, then the Gun zoom glide  thing for clearing some areas like that ice bridge in the void.

I love parkour 2.0.  Made this game far more enjoyable for me atleast.  Parkour 1.0 was just about pissing me off.

Zephyr is the new Volt.

The king is dead! Long live the queen!

(The movement changes have made Zephyr my favorite frame now, as far as I am concerned the new movement mechanics were a massive buff to her specifically, not to mention the new slot made available for utility mods).

No it wasnt.

Probably because of a complaint the corpus-cleaning-crew filed to the management, too many foot-steps all over the walls. 

hahahah what? people were using rush show me a volt that was purely not using rush to boost speed? his speed is unchanged and using a mod to make it faster has relevance.

You aren't even talking about what I was talking about. Have you not been reading the thread? To recap-

Volts speed power affected wall running in movement 1.0 but it does not affect the new wall bounding in movement 2.0. 

So he has lost speed when moving across walls. The Op and myself would like that to be returned. It should not require a mod to make speed affect wall movement like it use to.

Edited by Ronyn

You aren't even talking about what I was talking about. Have you not been reading the thread? To recap-

Volts speed power affected wall running in movement 1.0 but it does not affect the new wall bounding in movement 2.0. 

So he has lost speed when moving across walls. The Op and myself would like that to be returned. It should not require a mod to make speed affect wall movement like it use to.

i replied to your quote with exactly the right response follow your own advice if you think it isnt what the topic is about.

i replied to your quote with exactly the right response follow your own advice if you think it isnt what the topic is about.

I have been talking about how Volts speed power affects movement on walls in this thread. 

My quote was in response to a person who said to use the Mobilize mod to fix the current problem.

Using the rush mod does not change whether or not the speed power affects wall movement.

So the rush mod had nothing to do with what I was talking about.

Edited by Ronyn

I have been talking about how Volts speed power affects movement on walls in this thread. 

My quote was in response to a person who said to use the Mobilize mod to fix the current problem.

Using the rush mod does not change whether or not the speed power affects wall movement.

So the rush mod had nothing to do with what I was talking about.

I'm sorry yes it did. the other guy said use mobilize, you said a mod shouldn't be needed to help with speed, then i said but people have been using rush since before. are you still following? his speed still feels the same to me. the only way parkour 2.0 would negatively affect speed is if they reduced his base sprint speed which they have not. so show me where its slower please?

I'm sorry yes it did. the other guy said use mobilize, you said a mod shouldn't be needed to help with speed, then i said but people have been using rush since before. are you still following? his speed still feels the same to me. the only way parkour 2.0 would negatively affect speed is if they reduced his base sprint speed which they have not. so show me where its slower please?

From what I can gather... 

Rush doesn't affect wall-run speeds anymore because you are no longer running on walls, you are hopping along the wall, it's no longer the magnetic wall-run we had before whose speed was affected by frame Sprint Speed, SS is affected by Rush, and also Volts Speed. 

Now wall-hopping doesn't take frame Sprint Speed into account, so neither does Rush, and so Volt's speed no longer increases traversal speed while on walls. 

Volt's Parkour 2.0 Speed does not take wall movement into account, while in Parkour 1.0, it did, so it was indirectly nerfed. Kind of. 

I think this is the point he is making. I could be wrong. 

I'm sorry yes it did. 

:-(

the other guy said use mobilize, you said a mod shouldn't be needed to help with speed, 

I said " a NEW mod shouldn't be needed to RETAIN the movement speed that his power called speed gave him."

Rush is not a "new" mod, so it wasn't what I was talking about. I said "retain" the speed, because the wall running speed increase there use to be from the power is now gone now that there is wall bounding.

then i said but people have been using rush since before. 

Yes they have, I never argued otherwise. That just has nothing to do with what I was talking about. 

his speed still feels the same to me. the only way parkour 2.0 would negatively affect speed is if they reduced his base sprint speed which they have not. so show me where its slower please?

Again: I'm saying that Movement 2.0 negatively affected the way the speed power works with moving across walls. 

Even if you disagree with me, even if you think wall bounding is affected by the speed power in the same way that wall running was....  even if I am straight up wrong about it....

it is still a separate issue from whether people used the rush mod. 

I really don't want to keep rehashing this. Can we just go with a "whatever" and move on?

Edited by Ronyn

then all you need do is simple. instead of making posts about volt getting speed nerfed on walls because frankly wall run and wall hop are different. ask them to add speeds effect to wall hop. you've seen how speed can break something. I'm think they want to becareful because something like that could cause unforseen problems.

Edited by EinheriarJudith

I think this is the point he is making. I could be wrong. 

You got it. Well most accurately, I was supporting someone else who was making that point. :-)

then all you need do is simple. instead of making posts about volt getting speed nerfed on walls because frankly wall run and wall hop are different. ask them to add speeds effect to wall hop. you've seen how speed can break something. I'm think they want to becareful because something like that could cause unforseen problems.

My involvement here started because I responded to a thread made by someone else to say I knew what he was talking about....lol

But yes, we should ask them to add the speed affects to wall hop.

Edited by Ronyn