Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So My Friend Just Started. . Already A Pro.

(PSN)Kalamidy_

Just give it time, unless you've been feeding him the required mods he'll hit a wall before far too long.  Excal is, at the moment, a sort of effective jump start for players who choose him.  This can be attributed to the more lax nature of continuous powers and their lessened energy requirements.  Basically allowing new Excal players to make heavier use of their "ultimate" than normal.

Overall it's not a situation which would need to be addressed in any direct way, at least for the moment.

Two words: end-game.

Expanding: Nullifiers, Orokin Void, around 60 minute mark.

Then we shall see will he continue to shred through all the enemies that easy as he does right now.

Besides, killing stuff is not "pro". Sometimes more important is staying alive and keeping something, or somebody, alive.

For me, you are not comfortable with that your friend is tearing through planets as Excalibur. Well, maybe because planets have low-leveled enemies?

Well, it bothers me that after an hour he realized his guns and melee weapon are not needed.

And Volt and Mag can also wipe rooms of stuff without guns or mods.

Here's what happened.

He turned on Exalted Blade and started killing things in a long thin hallway somewhere.

Rather than help by killing other things, you stood there, slack-jawed.

"He's stealing my kills!" You think numbly to yourself in a PVE game where kills dont matter. "And how dare he use a power than requires aim and a good melee weapon to use effectively anywhere past Venus!"

So you sat there and grumped and pouted and soiled your huggies rather than contribute to the team.

Afterwards when you got to your liset and the mission results came up, there you were.

5% of the total damage. 10 enemies killed. Accuracy: 1 percent.

"Well it can't be my fault." You thought as you struggled to fit Hammershot onto your warframe. "The fault must be with everyone else."

And here we are. Excalibur whine thread #99595994 made by people who dont own, use, or even like the frame and all warriors of pre-void content. Thank you for letting us know that a power designed to scale with melee damage is very effective at melee'ing enemies to death. It has been noted and recorded. As we look for more ways to turn this game into a generic shooter, please allow us to consult you for more poor opinions.

And how is this different than starting the game as Loki?

Loki was my starter. Decoy ruled for the first few planets, invis saved my life, and radial disarm was (and still is) like switching to easy mode. Switch teleport is a bit more iffy, but still has its uses. Go invis and then switch with a downed squad member, etc.

How about mag? Pull is easily spamable cc and damage at low levels. Not to mention that you can pull enemies into bottomless pits with a bit of maneuvering. Shield polarize destroys corpus, even without moding, plus free shield restoration for the team. The magnetic bubble redirects all weapon fire to the target, instant aim bot. And crush deals 1000 damage while cc-ing anything that wanders into range.

Volt can easily stagger lock using shock. The 75 damage at level zero plus chaining to nearby enemies is much more effective than brand new noob weapons. He can increase melee and movement speed by up to 50%. He can create a invincible shield to protect himself from bullets that ALSO INCREASES projectile speed, electrical damage and crit damage. Finally, he can create a shock wave that not only deals more than 1000 damage, but also causes lights and such to explode, dealing yet more damage.

Any one of these frames, used right, is OP on the first few planets. I don't think there is any frame at all that couldn't curb stomp the beginning areas, even without r10 mods and corrupted builds.

Tldr;

These powers are built so that you can, with mods, use them even into the late game. If a noon couldn't pwn the noob area by spamming them, they'd be worthless anywhere else.

meanwhile if he had taken mag instead of excal he would have completely OWNED the second half of the solar system and if he had taken volt? well he would already be rushing missions ignoreing half the enemies and have this absolute defense ability where nothing can shoot him how OP can the starter frames get?

And Volt and Mag can also wipe rooms of stuff without guns or mods.

Here's what happened.

He turned on Exalted Blade and started killing things in a long thin hallway somewhere.

Rather than help by killing other things, you stood there, slack-jawed.

"He's stealing my kills!" You think numbly to yourself in a PVE game where kills dont matter. "And how dare he use a power than requires aim and a good melee weapon to use effectively anywhere past Venus!"

So you sat there and grumped and pouted and soiled your huggies rather than contribute to the team.

Afterwards when you got to your liset and the mission results came up, there you were.

5% of the total damage. 10 enemies killed. Accuracy: 1 percent.

"Well it can't be my fault." You thought as you struggled to fit Hammershot onto your warframe. "The fault must be with everyone else."

And here we are. Excalibur whine thread #99595994 made by people who dont own, use, or even like the frame and all warriors of pre-void content. Thank you for letting us know that a power designed to scale with melee damage is very effective at melee'ing enemies to death. It has been noted and recorded. As we look for more ways to turn this game into a generic shooter, please allow us to consult you for more poor opinions.

Volt can wipe rooms? Please show me this miraculous build you use that is effective in nuking with Volt past Venus.

The personal attacks are also a bit childish (even though the OP is also acting pretty childish, as opposed to giving proper feedback).

You weren't around for the OG Excalibur. As some who was, it was terrible. Fun, but terrible.

As someone who's mained Excalibur for almost two years, the current wave Excalibur is way too powerful, especially considering the input needed for damage potential. Reducing the range of the waves alone would make the ability much more balanced.

As is, all we see now is super special Excaliburs swatting imaginary bees out of the air and getting over half the team damage. Not fun.

I guess you guys don't understand what I am saying.  He is not stealing my kills.  I know you guys love to use that insult when people complain about OP frames.  My point is that we just did a T2D and he did a good chunk of the damage and never died even though he really doesn't understand modding yet.  He runs around spamming his Exalted Blade, doesn't worry about getting shot.  Doesn't worry about aiming his gun, doesn't worry about doing spin attacks.  Nothing.  The only time he has had any trouble was against infested because the toxic damage can't be auto blocked.  I have Exalibur, I have his Proto Skin, I have Buzz Kill.  I don't need a lesson on him, I know he can easy mode Solo a T4Survival.  My point is, if you are going to make God Frames don't give them to people as the very first frame they get.  He isn't going to like any other Warframe after playing Excalibur.

Also, Seeker.  I don't need to give proper feedback.  I am addressing a problem not offering the solution.  I don't think DE needs any advice on how to fix this issue, its pretty clear what needs to happen.

No problem here, Your friend is killing things. Would you prefer him to be unable to kill anything?