Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Aerial Melee Cooldown Needs To Go

KingTaro

Back in Parcour 1.0, when the Aerial Melee could be used to sling yourself all over the place, it made sense to have a cooldown on that move. But now that it doesn't launch you, the cooldown can be removed.

Would be nice to be able to swing a few times as you fly through the air. (Aerial combo's).

What other reason could there be to have a cooldown on it?

EDIT:

Adding a video for those that aren't quite sure what the topic is about.

In this video, I'm spamming melee key right after the Aerial attack, but not much is happening.

Edited by KingTaro

Another reason it needs to go is because it seems to occasionally remain in effect even after you land for a brief moment (if you used your aerial melee attack just before touching the ground), which doesn't really make any sense and can get pretty annoying.

It does appear to be an actual cooldown. Try jumping really high and spamming your melee attack. It lets you do it more than once, but only after a certain time.

I agree that it makes sense to be able to swing more in the air, but the hit detection on melee attacks is also horrible right now. Is the ability to swing more times really what we need?

It does appear to be an actual cooldown. Try jumping really high and spamming your melee attack. It lets you do it more than once, but only after a certain time.

Whu?  Thats exactly what a cooldown is....regardless of weapon speed, you have to wait a duration of time before performing the same action over again.

Yes you can do it more than once in the air, but it also forces you to wait regardless of being in the air.

I agree that it makes sense to be able to swing more in the air, but the hit detection on melee attacks is also horrible right now. Is the ability to swing more times really what we need?

What we need is that cooldown of ~2 seconds to go away so you can swing immediately after an aerial attack.  I can't stand doing mid-air attacks and then being forced to wait before I can melee the enemies right next to me...on the ground.  Its very off-putting.

Edited by Thaumatos

is it cool down or is it an animation lockup?

It is an actual cooldown.

And it used to be much worse. Made a video right after the Aerial Attacks got implemented:

In this video, I'm spamming the melee button after performing an Aerial Attack, but not much is happening.

After a few weeks (still during Parcour 1.0) they did reduce its cooldown.

But now with Parcour 2.0, the cooldown is really no longer necessary, if you ask me.

It is an actual cooldown.

And it used to be much worse. Made a video right after the Aerial Attacks got implemented:

In this video, I'm spamming the melee button after performing an Aerial Attack, but not much is happening.

After a few weeks (still during Parcour 1.0) they did reduce its cooldown.

But now with Parcour 2.0, the cooldown is really no longer necessary, if you ask me.

oh now i get what people are talking about. there is no cooldown you are only allowed one aerial attack just ask DE to add an aerial combo. that would solve your issue.

You sure it's a cooldown and not that you can only swing once in the air?

I am sure. You can test this by doing an air melee just as you fall to ground and try to use any melee attack. There's about 2 second cooldown I think.