Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Elytron Just Nerfed?

BloodSage09

I do play archwing.

And this is a nerf.

I feel a bit conflicted here too. In that archwing has so many issues at high levels with being one shot by missiles, and yet they nerf the wing that most us use to make Uranus tollerable.

I just feel sour about this one. Ultimately the only high level archwing mission just got harder so I will have less people to play with.

This, right here.

This was Elytron only useful ability in Uranus or any high lv Archwing.

And now its gone.

Just for the Trial the thing was nerfed against all factions...

Blast does crap against Armor and Shields, each hit doing 30 damage when the UI says it does 500.

I... I will just take the Iztal.

they will probably put a cap on it like raids. everyone wont be able to use the same stuff. maybe only 4 itzal/4 elytron and an odanata somewhere around there

they will probably put a cap on it like raids. everyone wont be able to use the same stuff. maybe only 4 itzal/4 elytron and an odanata somewhere around there

We dont have the number of Archwings to actually be capped!

If we had 8+ Archwings I could see it, but with only 3?! (No, I'm not counting the Odanata Prime, its just an Odanata with bling)

We dont have the number of Archwings to actually be capped!

If we had 8+ Archwings I could see it, but with only 3?! (No, I'm not counting the Odanata Prime, its just an Odanata with bling)

then probably a new archwing will be released at 17.5 bringing the number up to 4 archwings.  then they will have to be 2 elytron / 2 odanata / 2 itzal / 2 of the new ones.  Theres no way they would allow 8 itzal in j 3 golem raid. Itzal will be nerfed if that happens

then probably a new archwing will be released at 17.5 bringing the number up to 4 archwings.  then they will have to be 2 elytron / 2 odanata / 2 itzal / 2 of the new ones.  Theres no way they would allow 8 itzal in j 3 golem raid. Itzal will be nerfed if that happens

Unless J3 has a dispel like Stalker, from the footage, he has huge range in his attacks so if there's no one he would to a wide blast that throws us out of invisibility?

edit: Oh gosh, I just gave Scott an idea didnt I?

Edited by Kao-Snake

Yeah... just like DE to not think things through entirely...

If the damage was increased to compensate and then allow it to stack 4 times, that'd be okay. But to not do anything in regards to how weak blast is vs both armor and shields? Makes me question if I should even play AW anymore. The underwater levels look pretty, but the performance and movement is absolute S#&$.

One thing about the underwater maps is they are 'pass through' maps - so no defense points. Therefore I tended to switch to the other wings for that for some variety.

A nerf to thumper/elytron is a nerf to damage output on point defense levels.

It does make we wonder if  this is to clear the way for the new archwing space boss fight, which would have a boss in a zone. In which case why just a review of that one power, why a nerf. This could be an opportunity to review the powers we don't use, namely all the Odonata ones (joking!). Maybe do an Excalibur like review to improve arching quality of life before it gets the increase in attention that the raid will inevitably bring.

Oh, and those missiles... We have been talking about them for so long we have all just given up right now, but DE seriously, quality of life. Those deaths from unknown places just turn people off.

Oh, and those missiles... We have been talking about them for so long we have all just given up right now, but DE seriously, quality of life. Those deaths from unknown places just turn people off.

Exactly, nothing more frustrating than dying and not being sure exactly why. Also wall terrain damage, I've even died just from having hyperion thrusters on a frame once for the first time after nearly maxing it and not expecting just how quickly I would move, just to die from running into a wall. I'm assuming I hit it and bounced around or something but it was ridiculous. 

"The Elytron`s Thumper will now combine with previous Thumpers if it detonates within its radius.  This will refresh the duration on the previous Thumper and allow damage to stack up to 4 times."

what does this even mean?

edit: just to clarify , before u could activate it 10 times and the damage stacked each time u used it.

MEANING the damage stacked up to however many times u spammed it.

How do people not understand this? (the comment directly below and all the people that upvoted it)

See below.

pretty much.everyone knows you need atleast 10-15 thumpers for it to be of use 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, so i actually farmed elytron to try it out on uranus, got it just a day before the nerf. Great. They are making archwing more and more unplayable, and what a nerf, at least they could let us stack the thumper x10 at a point. Yeah, i know most of the players love the challenges and all, and  i can agree with all the nerfs to the warframes, so that those players can have their challenges, but i find it hard to accept the nerf on the elytron. I just love one thing in warframe right now, and thats elytron. I am a player who likes to be in control for once, and elytron would have made me feel that way. I formad it on the day i got it just to find it nerfed on the second day. This is absurd. I dont care how many nerfs the warframes get, but i love elytron the way it used to be.  No disrespect meant to anyone. :(