Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Was Elytron Just Nerfed?

BloodSage09

"The Elytron`s Thumper will now combine with previous Thumpers if it detonates within its radius.  This will refresh the duration on the previous Thumper and allow damage to stack up to 4 times."

what does this even mean?

edit: just to clarify , before u could activate it 10 times and the damage stacked each time u used it.

MEANING the damage stacked up to however many times u spammed it.

How do people not understand this? (the comment directly below and all the people that upvoted it)

Edited by BloodSage09

It probably wasn't DE's intention to outright nerf it. It sounds like they were trying to keep the stacking particles from slowing down frame rates.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight :/

That's probably the most logical speculation I can think of with Archistopheles.

They wouldn't just change something to intentionally piss people off.

Though now it'll definitely be easier on my laptop when traveling. I wouldn't even try to an Archwing mission if I wasn't on my desktop, let alone an ODD run while bringing the old Kohm pre-hitscan.

It probably wasn't DE's intention to outright nerf it. It sounds like they were trying to keep the stacking particles from slowing down frame rates.

Don't be naiive. They were made aware of Elytron's capabilities, which they noted with a

I'm sure the only reason it took them this long to address is their absolute loathing for anything related to Archwing.

It's like they're *trying* to make sure Archwing is hated.

damage to stack up to 4 times

this is a nerf for you?

I question if you've even used Elytron for long periods of time, if at all.

*topic* Just gave Elytron a run in Caelus, Uranus. Definitely a nerf compared to before, and a heavy one at that. Elytron's sluggish even with a 9/10 Hyperion Thrusters, relatively worthless outside of interception and has blast damage in 3/4 of its abilities, and the Grineer's archwing units are resistant to blast. Thumper was it's only saving grace as the dozens of explosions was basically needed in order to hurt anything outside of Erpo, Earth.

I guess I could always go speed demon and use the Itzal. Or once again totally ignore archwing.

Edit: forgot to finish my first sentence.

Edited by Kevlareater

Their intention is to nerf it, they could just make them invisible based on your own Option. They did this with Mirage, why not Elytron and Kohm?

Their intention is to nerf it, they could just make them invisible based on your own Option. They did this with Mirage, why not Elytron and Kohm?

Because the Thumper has a HUGE range and I'm sure the rest of the squad would like to know where they are, that is no such problem with Kohm+Mirage which only Mirage has to look where she is shooting.

That aside, I would like a raise to the Thumper's damage so if we stack it it makes a difference instead of taking mosquito bites off enemies.

Edited by Kao-Snake

Because the Thumper has a HUGE range and I'm sure the rest of the squad would like to know where they are, that is no such problem with Kohm+Mirage which only Mirage has to look where she is shooting.

To clarify a bit:

uTEFL79.jpg

If you lower that, Mirage's Prisma will has its particle "nerf-ed" to avoid frame rate drop, and any weapon used by Mirage's Hall of Mirror will lose its particle. But they only do this with Mirage and nothing else.

My point is, when player set that setting to low, they could completely remove (or reduce) the explosion inside the bubble, leaving the bubble alone.

That aside, I would like a raise to the Thumper's damage so if we stack it it makes a difference instead of taking mosquito bites off enemies.

Agree. Also Blast Damage is overused.

Edited by Runtowin