Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Need Feedback For Some "weird" Weapons

srlhama

Question

Hello everyone, I have a thing to use weapons most ppl throw on the trash can after lvl to 30 and I am needing some feedback from ppl that have the weapons I will list bellow.( because I am tired of leveling things beyond salvation)

Need to say I am MR18 and more than  1.3k hours on the game, so I know how mod weapons and elementals, problem here is just waste time on weapons that are going to disapoint me.( but sometimes we want some fun,isn't???)

Harpak;

Sounds good, looks weird, large magazine,burst fire, faster reload and high damage per bullet with piercing as mostly damage. It is friend of crit mods wich is good for her damage numbers, BUT strong recoil with average/faster bullet travel time is what makes me think twice before put a catalyst on it, since I miss at least 1 or 2 ( with multishot) bullets if enemies are moving at medium/close distance or on cover( not even mention long range engagements), of course I can counter recoil by moving mouse but it start to be annoying after a some time, my question here is: it has enough damage to counter the missed bullets??? And crit build is mandatory or it works good with only raw damage???

Flux Rifle;

Beam weapon with high magazine, medium/bad damage, medium reload speed, the status chance is what make me think it could be good and can slice bodies(creapy smile) BUT crappy ammo economy and that range limit that hurts. I already leveled this thing and throw away but I was thinking if it worth the time to invest some formas on this retired god from old times...

Simulor;

I cantsee a good thing on this weapon but I saw some videos where ppl do 50k crits with it, only thing I know it is paifull to lvl to 30 (like all weapon without a catalyst).

Karak Wraith;

This one have already catalyst and 1 forma, I will need i think 2 more to max it, but it worth??? I love status on weapons, with 2 dual stats mods + Split Chamber I can achieve 53% status chance now, BUT  the damage is good enough to make it shiny??? 

Cernos;

Looks fantastic, sounds even more awesome BUT is a crit bow with bad crit chance and status chance. So some bowmens/girls out there that can give me some light on this one???

Supra;

Just one question, the buff fixed the weapon or still feels odd to use???

Sobek;

Damage looks great, status with the mod( that I already have) can be explored BUT 4.0 seconds reload??? Really??? To be considered I love the hell out of Drakgoon, but that thing hit so hard and the innate punch trough let me space to put Tatical Pump on it, but Sobek probably will need an ammo mutation mod + sindycate mod wich makes me wonder if Seeking Fury alone fix that reload problem or I will need to give up on Blaze to put Tatical Pump into it???

Buzlok;

Now that you can aim with it, it is good or that powerfull scope is still killing the weapon??? Damage is good, sounds like badass BUT recoil kicks like a freaky truck on this one and that so slooow bullet speed.

Thanks for everyone for reading this and be free to correct my spelling mistakes on the coments, I will refresh this list if more weapons come to my Hind( Badum tsss)

Edited by srlhama

19 answers to this question

Hello everyone, I have a thing to use weapons most ppl throw on the trash can after lvl to 30 and I am needing some feedback from ppl that have the weapons I will list bellow.( because I am tired of leveling things beyond salvation)

Need to say I am MR18 and more than  1.3k hours on the game, so I know how mod weapons and elementals, problem here is just waste time on weapons that are going to disapoint me.( but sometimes we want some fun,isn't???)

Harpak;

Sounds good, looks weird, large magazine,burst fire, faster reload and high damage per bullet with piercing as mostly damage. It is friend of crit mods wich is good for her damage numbers, BUT strong recoil with average/faster bullet travel time is what makes me think twice before put a catalyst on it, since I miss at least 1 or 2 ( with multishot) bullets if enemies are moving at medium/close distance or on cover( not even mention long range engagements), of course I can counter recoil by moving mouse but it start to be annoying after a some time, my question here is: it has enough damage to counter the missed bullets??? And crit build is mandatory or it works good with only raw damage???

Flux Rifle;

Beam weapon with high magazine, medium/bad damage, medium reload speed, the status chance is what make me think it could be good and can slice bodies(creapy smile) BUT crappy ammo economy and that range limit that hurts. I already leveled this thing and throw away but I was thinking if it worth the time to invest some formas on this retired god from old times...

Simulor;

I cantsee a good thing on this weapon but I saw some videos where ppl do 50k crits with it, only thing I know it is paifull to lvl to 30 (like all weapon without a catalyst).

Karak Wraith;

This one have already catalyst and 1 forma, I will need i think 2 more to max it, but it worth??? I love status on weapons, with 2 dual stats mods + Split Chamber I can achieve 53% status chance now, BUT  the damage is good enough to make it shiny??? 

Cernos;

Looks fantastic, sounds even more awesome BUT is a crit bow with bad crit chance and status chance. So some bowmens/girls out there that can give me some light on this one???

Supra;

Just one question, the buff fixed the weapon or still feels kinky to use???

Sobek;

Damage looks great, status with the mod( that I already have) can be explored BUT 4.0 seconds reload??? Really??? To be considered I love the hell out of Drakgoon, but that thing hit so hard and the innate punch trough let me space to put Tatical Pump on it, but Sobek probably will need an ammo mutation mod + sindycate mod wich makes me wonder if Seeking Fury alone fix that reload problem or I will need to give up on Blaze to put Tatical Pump into it???

Buzlok;

Now that you can aim with it, it is good or that powerfull scope is still killing the weapon??? Damage is good, sounds like badass BUT recoil kicks like a freaky truck on this one and that so slooow bullet speed.

Thanks for everyone for reading this and be free to correct my spelling mistakes on the coments, I will refresh this list if more weapons come to my Hind( Badum tsss)

The sobek is good right now, with good burst DPS.  And with the incoming shotty buff, well, you're in for a treat.

As with any status shotty that doesnt already deal base ele, i'd recommend viral and rad damage, since viral's proc is so powerful.  Don't focus purely on status though, balance it, so you get good status and good damage.

Take it from a shotgun main.

Well, if you use a rumble controller and put it between your legs, Supra is still very kinky to use.

I asked about the freak recoil, the low precision and the really bad bullet travel time...

OMG I was thinking that kinky means other thing!!!kkkkkkkk

So much shame now for it, but thanks gonna fix that.

I like weird mechanic weapons a lot and have or have had most of these.

Harpak - Waiting to build it but interested. Also there are a lot of review vids out for it.

Flux Rifle - I have a couple forma on it and biuld for status, Slash, and punch through. It is really fun to laser slice things into pieces.

Simulor - Don't have and not particularly interested. There are a number of review vids out for it though.

Karak Wraith - Good, but not great. I like how it looks and sounds, but I personally would not go more than 2 forma deep because even maxed it is still not great for really high level play. For fun use, 2 forma is almost overkill.

Cernos - Garbage beyond a fashion accessory. I used to use it in place of a syandana on some frames (Oberon and Nekros) after I got my MR XP from it.

Supra - O really want this to be great and have held it with a potato for almost a year. Even with the buff I still am not impressed and the feel when using it is not great.

Sobek - I like the look and feel of this one. Also the damage is pretty impressive, but in game usability is pretty not great. It feels too clunky, which was disappointing to me because when I got it I was really in to the shotguns but it just fell short.

Buzzlok - I like this gun, fun factor is there if you focus VIPs and the recoil does not matter once you tag your VIP. It makes for some fun trick shots with parkour.

I like weird mechanic weapons a lot and have or have had most of these.

Harpak - Waiting to build it but interested. Also there are a lot of review vids out for it.

Flux Rifle - I have a couple forma on it and biuld for status, Slash, and punch through. It is really fun to laser slice things into pieces.

Simulor - Don't have and not particularly interested. There are a number of review vids out for it though.

Karak Wraith - Good, but not great. I like how it looks and sounds, but I personally would not go more than 2 forma deep because even maxed it is still not great for really high level play. For fun use, 2 forma is almost overkill.

Cernos - Garbage beyond a fashion accessory. I used to use it in place of a syandana on some frames (Oberon and Nekros) after I got my MR XP from it.

Supra - O really want this to be great and have held it with a potato for almost a year. Even with the buff I still am not impressed and the feel when using it is not great.

Sobek - I like the look and feel of this one. Also the damage is pretty impressive, but in game usability is pretty not great. It feels too clunky, which was disappointing to me because when I got it I was really in to the shotguns but it just fell short.

Buzzlok - I like this gun, fun factor is there if you focus VIPs and the recoil does not matter once you tag your VIP. It makes for some fun trick shots with parkour.

Thank you, I think I am gonna try Sobek again, and yes I saw some videos but I really want to ppl reviews of weapons, since most of youtubers out there only maxed these weapons to make a video and never played deep with these weapons. I think this why a like Mutalist Quant and Paracyst.

Harpak: I wouldn't bother with it. Damage isn't enough to make up for the recoil, inaccuracy and travel time.

Karak Wraith: it's a slightly worse version of the Braton Prime, pretty much. Stick Heavy Cal, Shred and some Status on there, it'll do the job albeit not as well as some other weapons.

Cernos: well presumably you know it's not going to match up to the Dread or Paris Prime. But then, those two bows are serious overkill in most situations. And the Cernos makes for a fancy Syandana when it's on your back. Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Critical Delay, Vile Acceleration, 2x 90% elements.

Supra: I find it needs Shred to be usable otherwise the wind up drives me mad, but with its increased flight speed, reload speed and damage it feels pretty good now. I think it's fairly similar in handling and damage potential as the Prisma Gorgon.

Buzlok: If you put Stabilizer and Shred on it, it's actually quite stable and accurate. DPS still sucks though.

I got a 4 forma Karak Wraith (will add 5th cause I need one more point to max Heavy Cal on it). It will never be as strong as a Boltor, but if you have plenty of forma, it can be both fun and strong enough to do some T4 missions. So far I have tried it out at T4 Interception wave 8 - was fun and powerful. Check this video here 

by Tactical Potato, he shows how it performs against lvl85 enemies at 5 forma.

Ok, Cernos is beyond salvation, I knew it but it looks is cool, but yes not worth.

Karak Wraith looks a solid rifle, but I don't like a Heavy Cal maxed I use it lvl 6 wich gives you twice your damage and don't hurt the precision at medium range, like the video by TP where at medium range the weapon eat ammo to kill one unit, I think 4 forma will be enough for me.

Buzlok, kinda of meh weapon, not worth.

Supra need some love, when I get enough Fieldron I will try it.

Harpak, yes 3k mastery, gonna sticky with Tiberon.

And Gorgon Wraith??? Can be used like a status machine gun??? I know Braton Prime is the status king, or even Karak Wraith is better on this cause because same Status + better precision???

Harpak:

Most people will tell you it's not worth your time. Honestly they may be right but it can be a lot of fun, I potatoed mine and put a few forma on it. It's an ok gun, I wouldn't take it into T4 missions but it can hold its own. The harpoon is nice, but stops working when you ad punchthrough (may be fixed now, i dont really know). Stabiliser helps this gun a bunch and crit build are viable (if only barely).

If you don't like the bullet flight time you can equip that flight speed mod or use it with zephyr with her augment.

Flux rifle:

This one I really like, it has decent status and with shred equiped it just shreds through enemies. It cuts them in half too, so that is nice if you're playing nekros. The high slash damage makes it so you proc slash quite often and ammo is not a big problem for it if you have some trigger control.

Sobek;

Five formaed Sobek. The reload is not fixable. You have to make every shot of that 20-round magazine count. Usually every enemy around you is already dead before you need to reload. 

The fire rate is low enough (even after Shotgun Spazz) that one press of left mouse will only trigger a single shot. So you can use it like a single shot shotgun, until single shot can't kill Heavies. At that point, you can use it for two-shots or three-shots. --My point is, you can easily control how many shots you unload onto an enemy so no shots will be wasted. 

Used this way Sobek has good ammo economy. I don't see any need for ammo mutation mod. 

Seeking Fury is a must in real combat IMO. Usually enemies will hide behind covers. Pellets are spread out so it's hard to land all pellets on enemies' tiny exposed area. With Seeking Fury you can just shoot at covers without worry. 

BTW I think this gun works best with Rhino or Frost. Sometimes you need an emergency CC when reloading. 

Also this gun can "reload cancel" (quick melee or use abilities when at 3/4 reload completion) so the actual reload time is 2.6s or so with Seeking Fury. 

And Gorgon Wraith??? Can be used like a status machine gun??? 

Absolutely. Because of its higher firerate than Braton Prime, it'll actually proc more often than Braton P. And the impact proc will stunlock enemies. 

Edited by elele

Karak Wraith looks a solid rifle, but I don't like a Heavy Cal maxed I use it lvl 6 wich gives you twice your damage and don't hurt the precision at medium range, like the video by TP where at medium range the weapon eat ammo to kill one unit, I think 4 forma will be enough for me.

it does not give you twice the damage, never. Just the more other damage mods you have the more the benefit from HCal. At T4Int W8 I was able to kill any lesser enemies with just a couple of plinks, and about 3 heavy gunners per clip if aiming more or less for the head. I would advocate for a heavy cal build cause I did try it out with and without it, and gotta say, Heavy Cal is the way to go. The detrimental accuracy effect is hardly noticable at medium range, and I could still take out ancients off the B point while standing at D at T4Int, so I wouldn't worry about the accuracy loss at all.

Flux Rifle - a meh weapon. I need to put some more work into mine, but without bigger magazine and ammo mutation it's barely usable.

Buzlok - the concept is good, but it took a moment to get used to its fire mode. I'm not really a fan of it.

Cernos - by far the worst bow. looks badass on your back, but because it's impact-based, it's not endgame viable. you want a bow to kill in one shot, since you only have one shot, and have to charge it first.

it does not give you twice the damage, never. Just the more other damage mods you have the more the benefit from HCal. At T4Int W8 I was able to kill any lesser enemies with just a couple of plinks, and about 3 heavy gunners per clip if aiming more or less for the head. I would advocate for a heavy cal build cause I did try it out with and without it, and gotta say, Heavy Cal is the way to go. The detrimental accuracy effect is hardly noticable at medium range, and I could still take out ancients off the B point while standing at D at T4Int, so I wouldn't worry about the accuracy loss at all.

Yes my mistake I should said +100% damage not twice.

The fire rate is low enough (even after Shotgun Spazz) that one press of left mouse will only trigger a single shot. My point is, you can easily control how many shots you unload onto an enemy so no shots will be wasted.

Used this way Sobek has good ammo economy. I don't see any need for ammo mutation mod.

Also this gun can "reload cancel" (quick melee or use abilities when at 3/4 reload completion) so the actual reload time is 2.6s or so with Seeking Fury.

Absolutely. Because of its higher firerate than Braton Prime, it'll actually proc more often than Braton P. And the impact proc will stunlock enemies.

Kind of anwser I was seking, the one shot per triger pull put a smile on my face, I remember before ( some monts ago when I build it) I had some problems with ammo, but with that damage numbers now think it is not gonna be a problem anymore.

Problem with Gorgon W is I already have a 2 forma Prisma( I am working on a lot of weapons now). But yep, soon or later I will have spare formas for it

The sobek is good right now, with good burst DPS.  And with the incoming shotty buff, well, you're in for a treat.

As with any status shotty that doesnt already deal base ele, i'd recommend viral and rad damage, since viral's proc is so powerful.  Don't focus purely on status though, balance it, so you get good status and good damage.

Take it from a shotgun main.

You know the shotgun buff happened several weeks ago right?

All primary shotguns got buffed except the Phage, and all secondary shotguns were ignored, as was Carrier's Sweeper and Carrier Prime's Sweeper Prime.

Sobek;

I put 6 forma in my Sobek and it has no problem killing everything I point it at.

Don't use the ammo mutation or the augment. Both suck for Sobek.

You know the shotgun buff happened several weeks ago right?

All primary shotguns got buffed except the Phage, and all secondary shotguns were ignored, as was Carrier's Sweeper and Carrier Prime's Sweeper Prime.

Weird part is things like Pyrana/AkBronco P are the same but they buffed Corvas on Archwing...

Weird part is things like Pyrana/AkBronco P are the same but they buffed Corvas on Archwing...

Yeah, the Bronco/AkBronco definitely need looking at.

Another note about the Sobek, you can ignore the reload timer entirely if you hold left mouse until the mag empties (at any point, doesn't matter how much ammo is left in it) and you begin the reload animation.

It'll reload instantly and you can roll to stop the animation.