The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please Tell Me That Those Research Requirements For The Knux Is Wrong...

Cryhunter059

The material cost for researching this thing is through the roof, I mean let's compare it to the other recently released arch-weapon, the grattler:

These numbers are for a GHOST clan, forgot to mention that

Knux: 75k credits, 10 tellurium, 20k cryotic, 10k poly bundles, 5k plastids

Grattler: 7.5k credits, 10 detonite ampules, 540 salvage, 390 oxium, 210 rubedo

Up to this point, I've usually been able to start researching new items on my own or with the help of just one other person (I'm currently in a shadow clan with only a few active members). What is up with the massive and sudden increase of material cost for research projects?

Edited by Cryhunter059

The material cost for researching this thing is through the roof, I mean let's compare it to the other recently released arch-weapon, the grattler:

Up to this point, I've usually been able to start researching new items on my own or with the help of just one other person (I'm currently in a show clan with only a few active members). What is up with the massive and sudden increase of material cost for research projects?

Could be worse. mountain Clan is insane something is off

300 Tellurium, 580,000 cryotic, 300,000 polymer, 130,000 plastids. A bit on the steep side compared to everything else in the dojo's

Edited by DogManDan

That's not that bad. The tellurium sucks but Europa drops them now, You gotta rember every time your clan goes up in size, the cost gets timesed by 10.

This is the point. The costs highlighted by the OP are for a Ghost clan. 10 people max. Imagine the scaling on the resources for other ranks.

That's not that bad. The tellurium sucks but Europa drops them now, You gotta rember every time your clan goes up in size, the cost gets timesed by 10.

The listed cost in the OP is for ghost clans and the multipliers are 0, 3, 10, 30, 100 for each respective tier.

Its a bit excessive and isnt really showing that DE doesnt like the grind or even working to reduce it.

So 1000 for moon clans? That's over double itzal, that even the top PS4 moon clans struggled with. I really hope it's not right.

Basically, my clan is not seeing this weapon for 2 months at least... Sucks being in a partially active MOON clan with the only active members being MR6 or lower while I am the only MR18 that plays more than once every three days.

But if you break it down per member it becomes practically dirt cheap, say in a ghost you don't have all 10 and have more realistically 5,

15k creds

2 tellerium

4k cryotic

2k Poly

and 1k plastids

That is 2 runs on Europa for Teller, 4 VERY short excavations or 1 if you know what you're trying to do, 2 interceptions on Stephano going to wave 4 and any defense or survival or anything that gives plastids supposing you don't already have 20k of them

But if you break it down per member it becomes practically dirt cheap, say in a ghost you don't have all 10 and have more realistically 5,

15k creds

2 tellerium

4k cryotic

2k Poly

and 1k plastids

That is 2 runs on Europa for Teller, 4 VERY short excavations or 1 if you know what you're trying to do, 2 interceptions on Stephano going to wave 4 and any defense or survival or anything that gives plastids supposing you don't already have 20k of them

And if you break down any other item the same way they are cheaper still.

Can't apply this logic expecting this clean and fair split from everyone, especially for bigger clans.

And if you break down any other item the same way they are cheaper still.

Can't apply this logic expecting this clean and fair split from everyone, especially for bigger clans.

Yeah it's more expensive but I think they wanted it to be. This way not everyone has the research done day one. Now this is just my opinion, it started to feel that the other researches which cost almost nothing were more of a burden to go in and start up. This one actually took a chunk out of my resources which I'll have to work to refill. Now yes clans with newer members or clans that are under filled for being say a mountain will have a hell of a time researching it true, but to me  it seems like they wanted it to be more of a goal to strive for, which still opinion this game has felt like it had a lack of.

Well... they are extremely powerful weapons.

It makes sense for them to be fairly expensive, at least for the one time resource sink of clan research.

Extremely powerful? What? In what way? Having worse crit stats than the centaur? Being impact damage? Having dat status chance which isn't good in frame melee and definitely isn't good in archwing melee.

It's not uber powerful. It's okay.

The resources has got to be wrong.

None of the other researches require 10 of any rare resources. It's at max 3 as far as I remember, be it morphics, orokin cells, gallium, etc.

Tellurium is in the same league as those resources.

Moreover, 20k cryotic and 10k polymer bundle? Last time I checked,  even an entire archwing, Itzal, needed a total of 1100 ferrites and 700 salvage, and both of these resources are more common than cryotic and polymer bundles.

I hope people are seriously not saying its ok, since it will be absurd for a mere weapon research to take wayy more resources than an entire archwing.

Edited by NN13

I hope people are seriously not saying its ok, since it will be absurd for a mere weapon research to take wayy more resources than an entire archwing.

Especially when you can explain the 'creation' of the weapon as ripping Tyl Regor's arms off, literally.

Edited by Ailith

Meh. Mine's researching already, ain't that much...

A 'git gud' comment if I ever heard one.

Well... they are extremely powerful weapons.

It makes sense for them to be fairly expensive, at least for the one time resource sink of clan research.

I don't know about powerful, but they're part of a section of this game that a huge portion of the player base DOESN"T LIKE. Perhaps they should focus on fixing that before releasing more stuff that nobody I know wants to build, let alone use.

Up to this point, I've usually been able to start researching new items on my own or with the help of just one other person (I'm currently in a show clan with only a few active members). What is up with the massive and sudden increase of material cost for research projects?

I am alone in the clan and I hope it is a mistake because the amount is huge compared to other weapons ...

Man up and research that. Also if you are alone in a clan or no one contributes you have other problems than research costs.

Not a problem: the Dojo is fully finished with all rooms, laboratories, gardens, weapons, warframes, colors ... etc.

15k creds

2 tellerium

4k cryotic

2k Poly

and 1k plastids

Keep in mind that yes that is the cost (if you even have half your clan contributing) yet most weapons take about half the research cost again to build as well.  While polymer and plastids are some of the most used resources.

In most cases however you will only have some 20%-30% of players actually contributing (from observation and dsicussion with other's) to the research thus in essence doubling those cost's, for a weapon that is basically inferior to what we already have.

Many ghost clans are even solo affairs.

Some weapons that are far superior to this cost vastly less than this research does.

Edited by Loswaith

Man up and research that. Also if you are alone in a clan or no one contributes you have other problems than research costs.

You act as if having a small ghost clan with my friends or cousin(in my case) is a fault of us. If that is so, tell DE to remove the concept of Ghost clan.

As for maintaining a clan, I single-handedly built my 2 level dojo, with at least one room of each kind that is possible to make and I can safely say that there are many larger clans with smaller dojo than mine.

As for researches, Knux is the only research I am left with. So, that is also not a problem for me.

In fact, I am just short of 9k Cryotic. I can just play 10 Excavation and start the research, but that was not the point. Compared to other things, this research is taking way too much.

It is either wrong or that DE acted *beep* and is trying to force us to buy it. The only problem being that this weapon is an Archwing weapon and is not the best one as well, so if the present research costs remains, I, like many others won't bother using it, at least till archwing becomes significant.

Edited by NN13

15k creds

2 tellerium

4k cryotic

2k Poly

and 1k plastids

Okay, but now imagine you're like me, in a shadow clan where those numbers for the resources are tripled, and you only have 3 active members.