The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is There Any Good Warframe?/ Warframe Complaints.

MokutoBunshi

What warframes haven't the community complained about yet?

This is a pretty general topic.. but just think about it.

Hold on, lemme list all of the ones I have heard so far....as if you guys are really waiting for me to write this :P

Also, I realize that critique and feedback are not complaints. I am talking about complaints I have heard and you can fond on these very forums.

On a side note, this could even help people decide about which warframe they would like to use or try.

Lets start with the starter frames and go from there.

CURRENT STARTER FRAMES

Excalibur:

His exalted blade ability has some of the the most complaint/rework threads on the forums. Need I say more?

Mag:

Her greedy pull was nerfed to what some people call selfish pull for just her.and her abilities although great for a starter have seem to have gone on a rollacoaster of nerfs and rebuffs then nerfs again. I am not even gonna mention how people complained when her prime form got vaulted because they weren't on to get the parts or they didn't drop.

XMlyTC5.jpg

Volt:

Even though I see his potential for run and stun, there are numerous accounts of people saying his abilities are too weak.

That is just....... ALL of the current starters so far. Lets keep going in alphabetical order this time.

ALL NON-STARTER WARFRAMES

Ash:

He used to be my second favorite warframe (and probably still is) because... he is a ninja in a game of ninjas.

Anyways, people insist on saying that smoke bomb is not really good and if you want a ninja, get loki.

Personal note: BUNK DAT! like the fact ash's smoke bomb can stun and can be used when you have less energy. His abilities are also geared towards assassination. I personally don't like the cut-scene  for the final ability....

But back to the topic

On the other end of the spectrum, people say that blade storm is too powerful.

Atlas (added 10/25/2015):

He had three complaint with one being his walls were impassable but now he has only two, both being purely cosmetic. First, due to his large shoulders, flat helmet top and thick neck from being a brawler people say he "has no head" just a neck. Second... Just look...270_by_yuikami_da-d9bn2uw.jpg

Banshee:

This one is a simple one. People say: "shes the squishiest" not sure if that is true but they also say "squishy frames are bad for end game".....this IS an end game about ninjas/assassins right? right?...... not tanks right....

Chroma:

Many people actually like this frame.

Personal note: I believe he is a WONDERFUL warframe.

However thereis a reason he is on the list. On the forums I have seen people right about how his abilities are not so good and how his final abilty is borderline useless...

Personal note: He breathers FIRE! or ANY element he needs to!

Ember:

I hear this one quite a bit. Embers abilities are not good because they are weak crowd control that doesn't scale well. Normally I would call this feed back if it weren't for the fact people call her completely useless... a lot.

Equinox:

Personal note: A beautiful, misunderstood warframe design. (just wish the devs had of confirmed that the other form was a guy so I could play it without feeling like a cross dresser TT^TT)

Equinox is like chroma but even more so in adaptation and is essentially a warframe with 7 powers.

But people say she is no good because her powers are weak... shes still brand new so she has a bit of room to change but if you wondering whether shes useless or not, checkout what she helped us do in this thread:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/512852-we-broke-the-u17-wf-land-speed-record

Frost:

Now before his buff, he seemed like a strong ice guardian. After his buff he still seems strong. Now, only on the forums have I seen this but people say he should have gotten an even better buff. Not sure if there is a general plan yet, as there are more threads on it that I care to look at.

Hydoid:

Personal note: OK, I'll admit, I have my complaints about him as well, hes super cool and all....but tentacles? really? Even the devs said that warframe is a sub sub genre of japanese anime styles... so why tentacles?

People complain about this guyfor two main, recent reasons. His Pilfering augment for looting got changed and tentical swarm. Why? I sometimes shiver at the sight of it and don't want to go down that path till the ability stops.

Also, people who DO like that ability know that it is too spread out onto high walls and etc to be as useful as it could be. Not a complaint really, but still relevant.

Limbo:

Oh My GOODNESS.

I have had, seen and heard so many complaints about this guy its not even funny...and I main him as my favorite character... so I know. Its hard for me not to go caps right now.

The way his abilities disallow pickup of items because your in another dimension. They way they can be used on other players at the casters will. The way that he can run into the vid and leave a squad to its self, the way he can stop progress on a mission. The way he wears... a top hat. The way he helps unfavored warframes finals become more powerful (see mesa and excalibur) by banishing them for more energy and invulnerability. The tendency of its users to act like a troll instead the gentleman that he is and on and on.

Personal note: can't even write what I think or else it will get TOO personal.

Loki:

Similar to limbo's case but the one common major complaint? Trolling people literally to death. As he can draw enemies to an area, hide form a fight or even in worst cases teleport his allies to very dangerous places.

Oh yeah, and despite being a stealth warframe he can taunt enemies by disarming them on high levels while he is invisible and allow them to attack allies.

Mesa:

That poor girl is the queen of rework demands and complaints. Statistically she is the fastest killer in warframe.

Also, for some people that means killing the fun too.

Personal note: I use limbo so not only do I make her better at it but at lower levels I can kill even faster from farther using cataclysm so no boardum for me.

Mirage:

Great concept, story and frame, but people have just plain said she is weak, I have no clue why.

Nekros:

If its not about his lower armor that makes him "squishy" or not knowing about how to use his fear ability. Its about people being upset that he is the main farming warframe.

Personal note: I find it funny that the perin sequence syndicate even seem to know this and have augments for him.

Nova:

boom Boom BOOM BOOM BABOOM!

Novas abilities are explosive to say the least. The biggest complaint about her is that people see her as they do mesa. a crowd killer and nothing more. You will even hear people be upset on mission that they have nothing to do because of novas explosive prime ability I think its called.

Personal Note: This may be true for lower levels but as the levels progress and even nova gets taken down, you will be SO happy for that X4 damage boost!

Nyx:

People complain that her chaos is not strong enough (I think it got nerfed?) and that her mind controlled minions are, well... dumb. generally people will say its not as good as nekros' minions.

Oberon:

Even though he is a heavily armored good all around warframe people see that as a major weakness because he is not a dedicated healer, fighter, or supporter.

Rhino:

He has an odd set of complaints. First of all for any of you who have heard this one before. His jewel pads size seems to be an issue. Second, people say he is too slow in this game of ninjas. Third and most odd to me, people complain he is too strong so he is for noobs because he is only good for getting beat up but has not so good abilites...

Personal note: if hes that strong I don't see why pro players don't like to use him, with enough parkour skills and the right mods he can keep and AND have pretty good abilities. That said though, I don't use him either :P

Saryn:

People say that her first 3 abilities are useless and her final one is so over powered it makes things boring because its, once again, unbalanced. And if not modded for her final being strong people see her as weak. Also, some key words people use to make fun of saryn even especially in comics include fart, bad breath, and others

one of the comics I am talking about:

254_by_yuikami_da-d86qrdn.jpg

AW2xj7R.jpg

Trinity:

I know there was a compliant or a request for change somewhere, there was a design council post about fixing a issue with blessing...

aha. took me only 3 minute and I found this:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/513253-trinity-a-healer-with-problems-i-can-fix/?hl=%2Btrinity+%2Bproblem#entry572901

There are others as well for trinity that I have seen but this one is the first one I found again.

Valkyr:

She has complaints about being very OP due to her high armor scaling, the fact one of her abilities has a temporary invincibility and rip line, because even though its only been used on me once, there have been people who have used that to troll others.

Vauban:

Uncle Vauban is great for for fighting infested and keeping them at bay but he is a HUGE troll. his second ability is the reason. toss it on a poor victim and watch them fly.

Personal note: I DO that, but ONLY on my friends that troll me first.

Zypher:

She is the only warframe that has no complaints that I have heard as far as powers...wait... except her final.

But the one I remember easily is people calling her a chicken.

Personal note: I think she looks good though.

So, what is your idea of a perfect warframe?

Do you have any major frame complaints?

Let me know if there are any I should add or correct.

All comics used in this thread belong to the user Yuikami. I do not own, or take any legal affiliation with Yuikami or Yuikami's art.

It IS funny though.

]\'[okuto Bunshi

Peace Out.

Edited by MokutoBunshi

I don't know i find that all warframes are good in their own way, so generally there is no best warframe.

*coughs* banshee

As I mentioned in the thread, banshee is only squishy. Which I don't mind. If I didn't feel like a cross dresser when wearing a female frame she might have been my go to gal.

]\'[

TLDR lol the only warframe i don't play frequently is saryn all the others IMO are quite good (saryn is good but her kit just seems lack luster to me as i like to use all of a warframes powers but just can't seem to do that with saryn for some reason)

Too Long Didn't Read.

For you, just read the Saryn comic. ;)

]\'[

Edited by MokutoBunshi

Every single Warframe can be made to be an absolute wrecking ball, IF used in the correct ways. People are just complaining to be complaining, And most of it is because they have a very specific play-style and want every part of a frame to fall directly in line with what they want to do with it. When any tiny thing is out of place, They rage.

As of right now, I believe that Ember/Prime is the Only frame truly needing a rework. She is fine where she is if you never go above level 40 enemies, but above that, She really needs help.

Next time you see someone raining down hellfire and brimstone about "NERF X!" or "BUFF X!" Take a look at their playtime, See just how long they have been playing the game, and you will begin to notice a very clear pattern. Granted, It doesn't work with everyone, but the vast majority of players with larger playtimes just sorta let crap like that go by, they aren't so invested in one single thing that changing it becomes a game-breaker.

As I mentioned in the thread, banshee is only squishy. Which I don't mind. If I didn't feel like a cross dresser when wearing a female frame she might have been my go to gal.

]\'[

I really can't understand it, you don't play Banshee because of her gender? Are you being serious?

Warframe even isn't an RPG, what the hell.

Duh. Making something that absolutely everybody likes would be impossible. Somebody is going to complain about something.

Like, not even just Warframe. Everything. Think of a thing and there are probably people who complain about it.

90% of those reasons listed are BS. 

Why?

Because 90% of those reasons are due to not knowing how to mod the frame. Who the crap says Mirage is weak, when she has 2 abilities to buff her personal damage?

Most frames are fine, and the problem usually lies within unskilled players.

So, what is your idea of a perfect warframe?

Mirage, powerful as well as exceedingly useful in most situations. (shhhhh~, ignore the avatar, no bias here.)

Do you have any major frame complaints?

Limbo. The only complaint I don't have about him is that I like how he looks (but I'm SUUUUUUUUPER~ in the minority in that regard).

Funny how banshee still gets a lot flak considering her augments makes her ridiciously strong frame.... i mean you pay 25 energy to remove ALL armor from enemies with large area and it has knockdown(intensify+sonic fracture+ stretch) and how about lighted areas wich take 3000% extra damage.... pff whata loser frame.... oh how about those 1-3mil+ finishers attacks with excal radiant finis and savage silence... my god how bad banshee is.

Well, the community can keep complain about them, but the most balanced Warframes (and so the best ones) are Nyx and Loki. Ember need only some fix to be so too. Same for Rhino. 

The fact that people complain about them means nothing: they're good and they'll remain so, complaints or not complaints. 

There's nothing that wrong with Ember - her recent rework buffed up her toughness a bit and I've enjoyed her more than before. The real issue is Damage 2.0 pushed Fire damage into near irrelevance without the appropriate mod combos.

Aside from that - I think all the frames are pretty awesome - bar Mesa & Hydroid. Squidman needs some kinda tweaking if only because his abilities don't quite blend as well as other frames.

And Mesa - I don't get why in the midst of combatting "homers drinking bird" DE released a frame with aimbot for an ult. I don't think she's bad I just see that as a boneheaded design choice.

But yeah - folks will complain if learning to use the frame properly isn't simply modding for one power and mashing one key over & over. I don see that changing.

As for Banshee .. squishyness is a fair trade for being the best damn frame in the game ;-)

Edited by MumblesMcphatty

Mirage, powerful as well as exceedingly useful in most situations. (shhhhh~, ignore the avatar, no bias here.)

Limbo. The only complaint I don't have about him is that I like how he looks (but I'm SUUUUUUUUPER~ in the minority in that regard).

i will happily join you in that minority lol

There's nothing that wrong with Ember - her recent rework buffed up her toughness a bit and I've enjoyed her more than before. The real issue is Damage 2.0 pushed Fire damage into near irrelevance without the appropriate mod combos.

Aside from that - I think all the frames are pretty awesome - bar Mesa & Hydroid. Squidman needs some kinda tweaking if only because his abilities don't quite blend as well as other frames.

And Mesa - I don't get why in the midst of combatting "homers drinking bird" DE released a frame with aimbot for an ult. I don't think she's bad I just see that as a boneheaded design choice.

But yeah - folks will complain if learning to use the frame properly isn't simply modding for one power and mashing one key over & over. I don see that changing.

As for Banshee .. squishyness is a fair trade for being the best damn frame in the game ;-)

i would seriously take a reduction in damage output to make mesa ult work like excal's and be able to move and aim it manually (i also think this would fix the draco type issues in a minor way ,cause there will always be a loot cave in one way or another)