Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prisma Look Will Force Us To Use Inferior Gear

AdFinitum

After the release of Prisma Shade as its own new Sentinel I had to realize that we will never be able to get a complete Prisma look since its all its own gear and it will be inferior to many other things ( especially Prime ) pretty fast.

For instance a Prisma Carrier probably will be inferior to Carrier Prime

Shade Prime will be superior to Prisma Shade.

Prime Dual Cleavers will be superior to Prisma Dual Cleavers

Wrath and Vandal versions will be superior too possibly.

I wish anything Prisma had been released as skins, but - as most things in Warframe - it will be just patchwork.

Well - knowing that a prisma look depends on ( soon inferior ) gear - I dont have to buy warframe Prisma skins at least. If a complete Prisma look would have been possible without having to sacrifice the usage of the best version of the respective gear I would have been tempted to buy any plat warframe Prisma skin that might become available. Now I know I wont need them.

Edited by AdFinitum

I wish anything Prisma had been released as skins, but - as most things in Warframe - it will be just patchwork.

+1.

I mean, the extra Mastery is nice I suppose, but as you point out they will probably be replaced in the end.

First...most Prisma Weapons already surpass most weapons in the game, even Wraiths.

Prisma is a sideway to Prime. It's not Prime as itself, but it's supposed to buff weapons that are piece of crap. Yes, maybe they are not at the Boltor Levels, but they are better nonetheless. Skana Prime is worsr than Prisma Skana.

Dakra Prime can be considered worsr than Prisma Skana. Latron Wraith is BETTER than Latron Prime. Prisma Grakata is damn great, Soma levels of great.

Dual Clevers CANT be primed. Those are Grineer Weaponry.

Personally, I just get the Prisma things for the Mastery affinity. I think they all look really pretty though. Baro hasn't released any Prisma weapons that I've been crazily excited about, except for the Prisma Dual Cleavers and the Prisma Skana.

I don't really understand what it is that you're complaining about, honestly, because Prisma weapons, while falling short on some stats, have improved on others. This isn't Prime stuff, man. This isn't THING THAT HAS BEEN BUFFED 100 TIMES. This is just restatted stuff that we already have but has been reskinned to look really pretty.

Chill out, dude. It's a game. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

No no no... Not if, when.

If they Prisma'd shade now, does that mean they aren't releasing Shade Prime this year?

Considering the gap between Wyrm Prime and Carrier Prime? I wouldnt have banked on them releasing another primed sentinel this year anyway.

So some people will be fine with the fact that you will have to choose between a Shade Prime, which will be far superior if it follows Carrier Prime's stat changes or a better looking but way inferior Prisma Shade ?

The point is - this could have been completely avoided by making it a skin and you could have the best version and the best look.

But if you prefer having to choose between look and stats thats fine.

So some people will be fine with the fact that you will have to choose between a Shade Prime, which will be far superior if it follows Carrier Prime's stat changes or a better looking but way inferior Prisma Shade ?

The point is - this could have been completely avoided by making it a skin and you could have the best version and the best look.

But if you prefer having to choose between look and stats thats fine.

For me, looks are way more important than min-maxing. Hell, my favourite primary is a Lato.

1) Prisma Skana is generally regarded as superior to Skana Prime.

2) Technically though, Prisma Skana is not 'better' it's just 'different'. It has lower base damage, but higher crit and status chances. Perhaps all the Prime to Prisma comparisons could follow this example? Then it would be purely your choice which you use.

3) If you're going for an aesthetic look, don't get bogged down too much in "OMG this prime weapon has 2% more DPS than this Prisma one!!" just use what you like.

For me, looks are way more important than min-maxing. Hell, my favourite primary is a Lato.

I think not having to choose is preferable especially if it was possible ( was - the harm was done already ) without any drawback.

Edited by AdFinitum