Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Skin - A More Tanky Frost - Updated Art

Stenchfury

Not a great fan of the coat\robe look of frost, so i was thinking about an alternate skin for this warframe.

Here is the second attempt :) trying to follow some suggestions from the community, let me know what you think.

-29/08 refined the front, added a back view and an alternate version of the front with the Jotun Helmet.

a6OUs58.jpg

Requested by user: Body+Jotun Helmet

N7l5799.jpg

Old\Previous Art

HWihD5W.jpg

0OPEmHd.jpg

Edited by Stenchfury

The one displayed looks way too MMORPG and monstrous to fit the looks of Tenno culture.

No thanks.  Too demonic, too animal, too angry.

Warframe designs are more about being alien and inscrutable.

Have you seen the new skins? Rhino looks like a Dark Knight from Final Fantasy and Trinity looks like a Persona. Not traditional warframe designs at all, but they're going to happen anyway.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me if they look like traditional warframes. Mesa already broke that mold and these new skins are "premium" skins, after all. While they shouldn't be too far removed from the games core design, the only really important thing is that they look cool.

Have you seen the new skins? Rhino looks like a Dark Knight from Final Fantasy and Trinity looks like a Persona. Not traditional warframe designs at all, but they're going to happen anyway.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me if they look like traditional warframes. Mesa already broke that mold and these new skins are "premium" skins, after all. While they shouldn't be too far removed from the games core design, the only really important thing is that they look cool.

I haven't watched the full Devstream yet, but weren't those player-designed skins? If so I wouldn't be surprised if the Devs took some artistic liberties with them to make them blend a bit more with the existing style of the game.

I haven't watched the full Devstream yet, but weren't those player-designed skins? If so I wouldn't be surprised if the Devs took some artistic liberties with them to make them blend a bit more with the existing style of the game.

Those are all fan concept skins, yes. I am not sure who made the Saryn skin but both the Rhino and Trinity skin were created by IgnusDei.

As user said above, the skins will probably be tweaked to fit more with Warframe. It's happened before and it's most likely going to happen now.

Edited by LazerSkink

Part of what made Frost's current design good was the fact that it had a relatively unique silhouette, that's not present here for your redesign/skin. More over, this design comes off as a white-armored, taller rhino. Frost, beyond his heavy winter coat had a lot of visible mechanical parts with the backpack and shoulder bits, the latter of which had the really nice touch of having cooled gas coming out. That's more or less missing here. Instead we have 'Beastman Frost the Elemental', and 'Armored Titan Frost'. 

Edited by CrashLegacy14

Well, i'm not trying to make a "better" version of Frost, i'm just trying to propose an alternate version for those who'd like to have it without a coat; but still your suggestions are welcome! i still have to design the back, and refine it; will try to work better on adding more "frost bits" to it.

Btw "Armored Titan Frost" doesn't sound bad! :D

Edited by Stenchfury