Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Reach

KingTaro

Hmhm, with Primed Reach being my the Primed mod I'm most dedicated to, this will certainly make it even more worthy of upgrading mechanic wise. I await said changes eagerly.

Though, I do wonder if the team has looked at each specific weapon category to make the mod work because weapons with both side usage (staves, polearms, etc). Wondering if the range on both ends of the weapon would be split evenly like it is now or a maxed Primed Reach with 165% bonus range would extend both sides by 165%.

I know Orthos Prime actually gets (or did last time I checked) the boost listed on the card (both directions get +60/+165% range), but every other weapon I tested only got half the advertised range. Basically, one of the few weapons where it would make sense to be cut in half actually is the only one that isn't.

This is why the Orthos Prime is a massive joke when using the reach mods, while everything else seems to only get a small boost.

Edited by egregiousRac

so did it work?

With maxed Primed Reach on Dragon Nikana, this is the approximate distance at which I managed to break the container that you see in this picture:

V5NhDez.jpg

Looking at the picture, I'd say the mod increased the weapon reach by at least 2 times the size of the blade.

I'll need to do precise testings to find out how much exactly the range got increased.

Edited by KingTaro

Can anyone pls test this with the Galatine equipped with a maxed Primed Reach?

Tested both with and without Primed Reach. The Galatine and maybe others are still not working properly. Without Primed Reach, only half of the blade basically makes contact, the other half from the tip being a phantom model. Barely with Primed Reach on, it has a reach corresponding with its model.

Edited by -BM-StormVanguard

Tested both with and without Primed Reach. The Galatine and maybe others are still not working properly. Without Primed Reach, only half of the blade basically makes contact, the other half from the tip being a phantom model. Barely with Primed Reach on, it has a reach corresponding with its model.

Then the Reach bug sounds like it is fixed. This bug has nothing to do with weapons having bad hitboxes in the first place.

Can anyone pls test this with the Galatine equipped with a maxed Primed Reach?

I've tested the Galatine with maxed Primed Reach.

Maxed Primed Reach increases the range by 165%, meaning by a factor of x2.65.

So I think that the range is still not properly being scaled.

Anyway, here is the conducted test:

I remember DErebecca saying that some visual of reach was being tested by dev. It would be easier to see what we get.

Oh that would help!

Anyway, on Reddit, someone said that the Galatine collision mesh is shorter than the visual blade itself. That's probably why it felt like the Primed Reach didn't affect the Galatine that much.

Pretty curious to know what exactly was fixed with the U17.4.0.

Testing with my Jat, I find that without mods the range is somewhere around 2.5M. With a rank 9 PReach (+150%) it ends up between 6m and 7m. This is right where I would expect it to be.

It is also significantly longer than it was previously.

I would say that the bug with the mods is fixed. Some weapons still have bad hitboxes, but that is a separate issue.

Testing with my Jat, I find that without mods the range is somewhere around 2.5M. With a rank 9 PReach (+150%) it ends up between 6m and 7m. This is right where I would expect it to be.

It is also significantly longer than it was previously.

I would say that the bug with the mods is fixed. Some weapons still have bad hitboxes, but that is a separate issue.

No, that doesn't seem longer to me at all. I tested Jat before this patch and my first impression was that it's reach is almost as long as Orthros P (aka identical to your description). So no changes at all with Jat Kittag either. The only changes I noticed was with Dakra P.

The base reach aside on some weapons (e.g. Galatine), I have to say that DE really did fix and improve the melee hitbox.

Since that hotfix, I noticed a drastic improvement when you're trying to hit units that aren't at your exact height level. So flying units, units on stairs, crowlers, etc... It's so much easier to even smash the enemies in the air after you bullet jump.

Thought I should mention what has been fixed, in case there are still people wondering what this fix actually did.

Edited by KingTaro

• 3 months later...

I apologize for my late post on this thread, but I would like a confirmation on whether the hitbox on the galatine has been fixed to actually fit the design and not be half the length of the visual blade. I have primed reach on my galatine, but if it doesn't work as well as I thought it would, I might as well take it off.