The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Pvp "stutter"

Pythadragon

i have all the hangs mentioned in this thread, when i die i hang, when someone joins i hang, when i open any menu, i hang, sometimes without a reason, i hang, each for like 5-7 secs, occasionally 10 secs, once happened to hit 20 secs frozen, i thought it was a crash, but it unfroze after it, and worked normally (i was killed twice during this glorious hang)

Played twice since the update (last night 27 Jul and this morning 28 Jul) and only had stutter when playing with you (Pythadragon) on the "tall building tileset" last night??? Go figure?? No idea if that observation is significant or not ....

Further observations: after another day of playing (28 Aug) - stutter happened pretty regularly on all tilesets regardless of whom I was playing with. I have a SSD

Edited by RokKlymer

We almost made it for today's 17.2.6 hotfix but had some last minute issues. At the latest it will be part of next week's Tenno Reinforcements update.

Will be VERY happy when that is fixed. The stopping, stuttering, lagging, teleporting, yeah.  

Thanks for taking care of it, much appreciated! 

As of 17.2.4 PvP is unplayable, as much of us know already. This ain't a whining post, just throwing in what I've noticed.

Here's a list of what it's currently causing disconnections on PvP:

as client & host:

Dying, Host Dying  = stutter/lag-spike/freeze. (most of the time)

Moving too fast (using lots of keys at the same time) = stutter/lag-spike/freeze. (rarely)

Opening the main menu (esc) = stutter/lag-spike/freeze. (always)

*completely random stutter are possible too*

Most of the time (I've played and finished 3 of 15 match correctly, without this happening...) after the stutter, there is a host migration and most of the time host migration ends in disconnection.

You guys may want to test dedicated services on PvP... because the local one's are not working, not at all, or at least increase the host migration times, so it does not end in disconnection for most of the players. 

Kind of sad that you put up lots of work on balancing PvP, which let me say it is fun to play & well balanced, for this kind of problems to happen. (Ok, maybe a little whining...)

Thanks for reading. 

Edited by Lokime

Guest Pun-chee

We almost made it for today's 17.2.6 hotfix but had some last minute issues. At the latest it will be part of next week's Tenno Reinforcements update.

U 17.3 - It is not fixed. :(