The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Warframe Still In Beta And What's The Hold Up On The "final Release"

(PSN)iProdigy99

Sometimes it seems like a game now has to see it's player population peak, decline, and be declared a once-great but now-dead game by the few remaining players before it "launches"

IMHO, for a F2P game, once your cash shop is open and anyone can sign up, you're lying about being in beta.

I just view the "beta" term as a excuse for bugs, mass overhauls that change the game and unfinished content. I'm pretty sure as soon as the game comes out of beta DE will be making a new game entirely when ever that will be. (probably never)

If they do it will be warframe but events after the beta for whatever the story will be at that time.

Edited by (XB1)KoG Cleric

We are all involved as they write the full story, implement and change all sorts of aspects of the game, put in and replace place holder items/enemies.  This isn't even the same game as when I started playing shortly after PS4 release.  Just because we have an opportunity to play as the game gets finished doesn't mean it's not in Beta.  Look at the Destiny "Beta".  It was finished (well as finished as Destiny was going to get) and the beta was just us testing their servers.  This is us being involved 3 years into development with still another year or 2 before release.  yeah we can buy stuff but that's us (very generously lol) providing for production and development costs. 

Warframe may not seem like an actual beta., But when you look at the content that is currently in it, compared to what DE wants and is also even required to reach MR 30.

The lack of polish on a sheer amount of gameplay features (Stealth, Archwing, Melee, Maps that support these and Parkour, PVE balance all over the place and in need of work to either make more progression or even stuff out.)

Visual features being varied to all hell (Loki and Excal having PBR and looking amazing, while other frames look like play dough. Hell, half the weapons looking like play dough too.)

Balance issues, scaling issues, enemy variety varying, farming issues, fun issues, physics issues (E.g. Your character doesn't turn when the trams in Seimeni turn), S#&$-ton of band-aid solutions, AI being trash, RNG being long and tedious and not making any progress at all unlike games similar in reward systems giving progress even if it's not progress in what you desire (Monster Hunter, took 4 years to get a Rathian Ruby and by then I beat Dire Miralis 15 times over and stopped caring :( ), Lack of reward based on skill, Lack of decent reward at all at times, no point in doing normal missions more then once, All relays being the same, all bosses needing rework or redo's (Invincibility is a band-aid), bugs, etc.

When you look at Warframe as it is, compared to what both DE, and most players (you likely care about one of these issues), want Warframe to be.

It certainly looks like a beta. Cash-Shop or not.

Games like this are in constant need of change and tweaks.

The simplest way of saying that to a community that is mostly ignorant on the development process is to state it as Beta.

Basically this game will be in Beta until it is officially done. There will still be updates after that, but there will not be any addition of major major updates. They will only add onto current existing content

So in a sense - think of Destiny. Since they are out of the 'beta' phase. All they can and really do add to the game is additional maps, missions, bosses. Items, and balancing tweaks.

Warframe still has the ability to essentially do whatever they want with the game since players have not purchased a final product (like in Destiny). So if the devs decide they hate arch wing, they could completely scrap it if they truly wanted to. Or if they decide that Archwing needs to be a bigger part of the game, they can lace it into pretty much every mission. Kinda like how they are starting to integrate it with Sharkwing.

Edited by (XB1)G R A V O C

Just don't mind the "Beta" word. Developers are always working on something new, even when the "FINAL RELEASE" happens, they still will be doing something, like new tactical alerts, or some changes, or adding more new weapons and warframes... etc. etc...

Destiny is a %100 complete game that was sold to us with %60 completion and %40 locked to be put up on as DLC to be sold at new content. Which I refuse to buy.

Destiny is a %100 complete game that was sold to us with %60 completion and %40 locked to be put up on as DLC to be sold at new content. Which I refuse to buy.

Destiny is a %100 completing game that was sold to us %60 with %40 of the rest if it's content that was put up in the store as DLC to be sold as new content which I refuse to pay and will not be supporting.

Destiny is a %100 completing game that was sold to us %60 with %40 of the rest if it's content that was put up in the store as DLC to be sold as new content which I refuse to pay and will not be supporting.

Destiny is a %100 completing game that was sold to us %60 with %40 of the rest if it's content that was put up in the store as DLC to be sold as new content which I refuse to pay and will not be supporting.Destiny is a %100 completing game that was sold to us %60 with %40 of the rest if it's content that was put up in the store as DLC to be sold as new content which I refuse to pay and will not be supporting.

wtf is wrong with you? Posting 12 freakin times?? Edited by (PS4)iProdigy99