Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Exciting Way To Get Slow Players To The Extraction Point.

(PSN)Doe-in-Creaser

Create a huge monster like beast that can't be killed.

Hard drops in from space after a period of time has been used up after the first Tenno reaches the extraction point. Chases any remaining Tenno to extraction area. If they are captured by it, they are killed. Yes or maybe? Add more to this please, it's a great ideal.

So when I'm looking for syndicate medallions and Jimmy Speedshoes drops in and sprints through the mission because I didn't set it to Solo, you're proposing that an unstoppable creature also appear after Jimmy's gotten to the end to further dissuade me from continuing to look for medallions, meaning I need to abandon my own mission to try again.

Mmkay.

Ya trollin'?

- Lore-wise, it can't really be explained why the hell a monday-to-friday monster/beast chases you down to extraction. AFAIK, no lore clues that could be adjusted/retro-fitted to that.

- Big chance for trolling.

- Different mission, different situation. And in no way this method is fit to any of them.

In the first place though, why the hell you should force those slow players (which I'm sure that they have their reason) to the extraction?

The only way i see this viable and reasonable is on sabotage missions where you have destroyed the enemy ship's reactor and should in fact rush to extraction as the ship is likely to blow up.

However, I don't think players will be happy if they fail the mission due to a slow player or a player losing their way to the extraction point, which is why a timer wasn't included in these types of missions as per other console games I have played that had such a feature ie halo or gears of war.

Enemy Execution Squad 

When a tenno is alone in a team mission for longer than a period of time. 
A Execution Squad is spawned every 20 second.

-Negate 99% damage 
-Energy Leech 
-HP Leech
-100% Crit + Status weapons, usually of a higher tier. 

For Grineers you might be seeing a Squad of "Maniac Rifleman" with Grinloks coming after you.
For Corpus you might be seeing a Squad of Nulifiers with Opticors coming after you.
For Infested a squad of Ancient Healer with torids coming after you.

In void you would meet with a mixture of all of them.

These execution squad do not drop item, and killing them wont earn EXP.

Weapons used by execution squad is roughly equavalent to 8-forma + potatoed weapon.

So Serration + Split Chamber + Heavy Caliber + Speed Trigger is kind of the standard.
Depending on warframe type, enemies would carry corrosive projection aura if you are rhino/ valkyr.

Execution squad do not make you bleed out, they simply shoot to kill (Special ability)
So instant death is expected when you are obliterated by Opticors.

Maybe this would encourage players to stay in pack, instead of scattered around and minding their own business.

Edited by Ada_Wong_SG

why punish players who are enjoying the game by grabbing loot or who might be lost or who even is trying to kill enemies. Just because most players are trying to speed run every map, this does not mean those who are not a speed runner should be punished or threatened with giant monsters or massive de-buffs until they get to the end. 

I think a better way to suit speed runners and others is simple have the mission end and just like what happens in defense missions or any of the missions where you get to pick to stay or leave. once someone gets to the finish allow a pop up menu just like in those other mission that ask whether the player wants to extract. If they do then let them and for those who are not ready to leave let them stay. And this way it wont force others to extract until they make it to the end. And if they are at the end and choose not to leave they would have to leave the room and re-enter in order to get the pop up menu again.

• 2 months later...

Enemy Execution Squad 

When a tenno is alone in a team mission for longer than a period of time. 

A Execution Squad is spawned every 20 second.

-Negate 99% damage 

-Energy Leech 

-HP Leech

-100% Crit + Status weapons, usually of a higher tier. 

For Grineers you might be seeing a Squad of "Maniac Rifleman" with Grinloks coming after you.

For Corpus you might be seeing a Squad of Nulifiers with Opticors coming after you.

For Infested a squad of Ancient Healer with torids coming after you.

In void you would meet with a mixture of all of them.

These execution squad do not drop item, and killing them wont earn EXP.

Weapons used by execution squad is roughly equavalent to 8-forma + potatoed weapon.

So Serration + Split Chamber + Heavy Caliber + Speed Trigger is kind of the standard.

Depending on warframe type, enemies would carry corrosive projection aura if you are rhino/ valkyr.

Execution squad do not make you bleed out, they simply shoot to kill (Special ability)

So instant death is expected when you are obliterated by Opticors.

Maybe this would encourage players to stay in pack, instead of scattered around and minding their own business.

So splitting up a Spy mission and each player going to one vault and getting to do that vault themselves is not a valid game play style according to you..... You'd rather all 4 tenno go to each spy vault and crowd in there setting off alarms.

Stop trying to manage how other players play the game. If you don't like playing with public squads, set it to private.

Once again someone comes up with a fix for something, then forget to mention what they are trying to fix.

No, seriously, why? What is this meant to archive? If half the team is at extraction, the timer already kicks in, so what exactly is this mechanic meant to do exactly?

• 2 weeks later...

My biggest thought on this is that, most of the missions do have an "Auto Fail" state... 

Survival - 5 minutes after losing all life support, mission auto fails, for EVERYONE!

Defense - You failed anyway...

Interception - Look at Defense.

Excavation - I don't know what it is, but likely, same above.

Exterminate - You just died, that's it.

Capture, Deception, Sabotage, Hijack, Assassination, Invasion, MoBo Def, Recovery, Rescue - Yep, guessed it... Dead.

Spy - This one seems a little weird... actually not... if you don't do it right (fail to get the min. number of data, due to alarms), yep... failed.

Edit: And then there's one of the above comments, stating something about, once half the squad (1/2, 2/3, 2/4) can cause a extract timer... 30 sec, woohoo.  :p

I'm both an explorative player, and a lost player. Granted, the first leads to the second, but still.  I don't feel I, or anyone else that follows me, should be punished, because I found a mod that the rest of the group OBVIOUSLY didn't see, because their shoes are tied on too fast.

Edited by Exan_BloodMoon