Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm Really Worried About The New Skins.

(PSN)TrueAlastar

Yeah, I am worried about the skins as well, I really hope Mynki changes them a lot. The rhino skin looks like a Demon/Death knight from a D&D game and the Trinity skin looks like she is wearing a chinese jacket. 

As for the original Zephyr concept, it looks like a japanese cartoon. The in game Zephyr looks organic like the frames should do.

I feel like if it was mynki who came up with the original zeph design everyone would accept it. 

Pretty sure this isn't the case. People like what they like and Mynki's designs are loved or hated. There are some designs i'm not keen on but i'm not bashing the guy for it or developing some weird kind of grudge. For example, the only Chroma helmet i like is the Drac helmet and the others aren't to my liking.

Are these skins are going to be released along with valkyr pre corpus?

No confirmed date for the skins. Probably quite a bit of time after Valkyr's.

The only frame I can't stand to look at for too long is Oberon. I really hope he gets a proto skin that looks less goat/deer and more humanoid.

The wip Valkyr skin is hype.

Can't say the same for the other 3, they look nice, but they don't look Warframe to me. I hope they DO get tweaked in the process of implementing.

I guess with "badass dragon warrior" you mean "Rhino with scales"

They didn't base chroma off that concept.

I still don't see what is wrong with having another rhino esque frame.

Look at the amount of skinny frames we have.  

Would it be a bad thing to have a bit more variety? \

By your logic I could call excalibur a skinny rhino with no codpiece. 

Edited by Invalid_Infinity

I know a lot of people will try to deny this fact but here it goes: Warframe art direction is whatever Mynki approves of. And players have a form of attachment to Warframe and therefor an attachment to the Mynki direction.

Of course there's still going to be different opinions of different people on different frames. For example I really like Chroma's design and dislike Limbo's. That still doesn't affect the fact that whatever Mynki puts up we will accept anyway.

More on topic: It probably won't be 100% similar to the concept. Mynki has free reign over which aspects of the concepts reach the final design. Whether it's a good thing or a bad thing it really won't matter as we have next to no influence on the matter. You might hope he reads this but as I recall Mynki reads through concept section of the forum most of the time.

They didn't base chroma off that concept.

I still don't see what is wrong with having another rhino esque frame.

Look at the amount of skinny frames we have.  

Would it be a bad thing to have a bit more variety? \

By your logic I could call excalibur a skinny rhino with no codpiece. 

The bad thing about that concept isn't the fact that it was bulky, but that it was way too uninspired. It was literally Rhino with scales.

Btw Mynki already stated that he wasn't too happy about what he did with Zephyr, I'd assume he learned something from it and that he'll do a great job with those skins.

We're discussing opinions here, no need to treat any post made as more right or wrong than someone elses in that regard. To OP, personally I'm thrilled with the current look of Zephyr. Not to dis the maker of the original concept, but I'm super happy that design never made it straight into the game - IMO it breaks with WF's unique style.

Plus, it instantly reminded me of a childhood hero of mine I do definitly not need to see in this game:

Woody_Woodpecker_(_Characters_of_Univers

For me, the original design does not look fantastic. To be frank I do not even like it. It just doesn't work for me. With that being said, if the art director is picking a theme and the rest of the art or design team goes with it, fine; they have to deal with the consequences. I am sure that there are different opinions about the direction of an asset and that those can lead to refinements over time. In the end the final product may be completely different than the original concept. 

We all knew about Mynki's specific style and his legion of yes-men. We all remember what Zephyr's original fantastic design looked like, yes?

I'm honestly rather worried what Mynki might do with those AWESOME new skins that were teased in the last devstream. Am I the only one, or do you too feel like this apparent blessing is a disappointment waiting to happen? I'm curious to see what other people think about it.

I certainly hope they get appropriately re-interpreted. While there are many Warframe designs I do have issues with (Zephyr's tint-maps are too busy, etc), almost everything the fans have come up with (Fan-Zephyr included) has IMHO been horribly generic and not right for Warframe at all.

I feel that way about the announced Rhino skin as well, it doesn't look right for this game at _all_, much too generic. While I may not agree with some of the design decisions of the art team at least they don't dilute the theme and style of the game.

Edited by SilentMobius

I think we all learnt not to expect too much from DE, especially when a badass dragon warrior player concept was turned into an infested mass of Twizzlers.

I actually like Chroma's design more. It looks like a badass warrior who killed, skinned, and morphed a Sentient's skin and flesh into a pelt that looks like a monster from legend. 

I actually like Chroma's design more. It looks like a badass warrior who killed, skinned, and morphed a Sentient's skin and flesh into a pelt that looks like a monster from legend.

RUN, MORTALS. RUN IN TERROR. FOR I AM... TWIZZLER MONSTER!

Anyway, to the OP. Zephyr is a design that I like, though her coloring is miserable.

I do find it difficult to see her as female in her fairly gender neutral design.

No, stop. I'm not saying gender neutral like some tumblr "gender is a social construct" person.

What I AM saying is that she doesn't look like a girl, and she doesn't look like a guy.

The word you're looking for is androgynous.

Which is pretty common feature of birds to the eye of those unsure of what to look for (display birds like Peacocks don't count)

more of a say in how abilities work is an option, there are any number of other ways to pay someone besides money.

Absolutely not. We can't have some random person deciding game balance for a frame. I'm not defending DE here, but an artist choosing a frame's specific ability performance? You must be joking.

Absolutely not. We can't have some random person deciding game balance for a frame. I'm not defending DE here, but an artist choosing a frame's specific ability performance? You must be joking.

You interpreted that entire statement very wrong and only quoted a small part of it. Gee thanks for twisting my words.

What I said what that they should have somewhat of a say about how the abilities work. I never said that they should be the only one to dictate how that frame works. At the end of the day balance is dictated by DE. HOWEVER, as far as an artist goes then that artist should be allowed to ensure that the abilities are in line with the theme of the frame.

Edited by Invalid_Infinity