Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sucks You Can't Put The Hek Aug On The Vaykor Hek

RagingGrizzly

make an already powerful weapon more insane. seems legit

Just like every other good syndicate weapon.

The problem is that it's the only syndicate weapon that's worse than its standard counterpart. They should have never picked the Hek, it already had an augment.

I don't know, it has 8 magazine and 3.00 of fire rate, plus it can be build for crits I wouldn't say it's not worth it that easily. You pretty much trade scattered justice for Primed ravage and 47,5 crit chance. 

In order to get x2 damage it needs a mod slot and it will get it less than half the time opposed to all the time like 200% MS.

In order to get x3.2 damage less than half the time it needs 2 slots.

And the fire rate is higher, but not really notorious for a weapon like the hek.

You can put Bright Purity on Prime Scana and Prisma Scana. I don't see why Scattered Justice should not work on Vaykor Hek.

Because two syndicate proc(s) chances on the same weapon. I think it would make the code go completely wonky. And I don't think they could fix that without changing the mod itself. 

The did make the weapon better in other ways. But I thought the point of syndicate weapons wasn't necessarily to always be a direct upgrade anyway. Sometimes they are just meant to fill a different role. They gave this version really good crit capability. 

In order to get x2 damage it needs a mod slot and it will get it less than half the time opposed to all the time like 200% MS.

In order to get x3.2 damage less than half the time it needs 2 slots.

And the fire rate is higher, but not really notorious for a weapon like the hek.

Well, with 15,4 pellets shoot with Hell's chamber and primed ravage that give 4,2 damage multiplier, are you sure is that bad? At least 7 bullets can deal 2205,42 damage them alone. Plus, more pellets is not useful, it means you have to hit with them all to be sure do deal all the damage possible and I can assure you most of the time you don't. I think we have simply trade quantity over quality.

Well its a bad version of the Hek then... that mod is literally what makes the Hek good^^ that and the shotgun buff.

They did give it a lot more crit chance. I'm not sure it's supposed to be better, or just be a different "version". This is the crit capable version I suppose. 

Some of the syndicates got an even worse deal in my opinion though. For example, Cephalon Suda people (like myself) are not a happy lot right now). 

Because two syndicate proc(s) chances on the same weapon. I think it would make the code go completely wonky. And I don't think they could fix that without changing the mod itself.

The did make the weapon better in other ways. But I thought the point of syndicate weapons wasn't necessarily to always be a direct upgrade anyway. Sometimes they are just meant to fill a different role. They gave this version really good crit capability.

it's the same proc though. Leveling up an aug, the proc isn't a full number wouldn't it just work better than the normal version.

Well, with 15,4 pellets shoot with Hell's chamber and primed ravage that give 4,2 damage multiplier, are you sure is that bad? At least 7 bullets can deal 2205,42 damage them alone. Plus, more pellets is not useful, it means you have to hit with them all to be sure do deal all the damage possible and I can assure you most of the time you don't. I think we have simply trade quantity over quality.

The Hek's spread is tight enough and MS doesn't increase it, so even if you miss some the effect will be the same with the Vaykor.

Also, I had forgotten Primed Ravage existed. This makes me even more annoyed: one primed mod required to make shotguns decent was enough, now the new gun requires yet another Prime.

EDIT: okay someone did some math on another thread, with Primed Ravage they end up even in damage. So it probably takes one more forma, a billion cores and an extra slot to get a bigger clip.

Edited by The_Doc