The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Warframe Market Is A Joke And Actively Discourages Impulse Purchases (Updated, Includes Solution To Installed Catalysts/weapon Slot On Weapons)

I'm completely confused as to why the prices are an issue. If you feel weapons are too high then why spend your money on them?

Because we do not care of our money. We don't need threads about how to save our money.

This is how DE can make more money. We would spend our money if we honestly thought it was a good deal.

But this is an outright con.

The Stalker gear is not reskins... they are vastly powerful weapons. Extremely powerful. Heck even Dread is a beast as it actually shoots arrows that slices people in half. The hate has 60 damage, the Despair is powerful, and fast... 800 for some of the most powerful weapons in the game is a good deal. Not to mention the Hate makes a great Infested slayer. equip that bad boy with melee damage increase, and some elements and that thing shreads through Infested like there is no tomorrow.

Yes, 3 pairs of files and pixels for $60 dollars. That's enough to buy an AAA game on Steam and even more than enough if it's on sale.

I think the OP should add a note telling people not to make meaningless bumps. Locking this thread will be the death of our market issue cries

If anything I suggest DE lower Forma prices at the least (like 10 plat)? it is nowhere nearly worth 20 plat compared to potatoes which give double the mod points. I would definitely buy a bunch if Forma was cheaper

I keep saying that DE is pursuing the wrong business model. If you sell people progression based items in a progression based game you're going to have people who simply will not buy any progression based items out of principle, people who will buy progression based items and then get bored because they've run out of meaningful things to make progress on and people who won't even look at your game because as far as they're concerned its P2W.

It doesn't help that their pricing is haphazard, with frames like rhino and frost costing over $20 worth of plat while some frames are worth $5 worth of plat.

Yeah, I played a lot of F2P games and Warframe marketplace struck me as particularly expensive and unappealing.

Everything is so expensive it's like they don't want any money and actively encourage us to grind for our gear.

I am actually quite curious on what factors they based their pricing system. Maybe if they gave us a little bit more information we could better understand their decision. Right now, it seems the prices are so much higher than most other free to play games. I'm not a professional on this subject so I obviously don't know the sweet point of mass cheap sales vs fewer premium sales. I think to most people, we assume DE could make much more money by selling at cheaper prices and encouraging the masses to spend small amounts.

Perhaps the reason they have not changed the pricing is BECAUSE people are still buying their premium pricing platinum at big quantities? Maybe despite all the complaints on the forum about pricing, there are still many many people out there who just dish out the cash because they love the game. Who knows. That's the only reason I can think of right now.

Because if you think about it, I think this subject was mentioned briefly in some livestream in the past, and I don't remember steve apologizing for the high prices or saying he will change them. It must mean they are pretty satisifed with what they have now. The best they could do was introduce the platinum discount coupon into the alert system, I guess that's their way of meeting us halfway.

Holy crap! You got 674 likes already... +1 for you, sir.

Anyway, this idea is awesome and you have my full support.

If this idea were to be implemented, I would be throwing money at the game.

I'm not reading the whole thread because I'm lazy. (I mean 25 freaking pages?)

Meow~! :3

I am a DE fan and I love Warframe, but yes I agree some of the prices are bit too high.

I know they are probably still trying to recover development costs, but it would be nice if they re-evaluate the pricing.

Having lower priced items will encourage new players to purchase at the store, else the current prices might turn them off.

These buyers in return can become core consumers which will eventually support the game in the long run.

Edited by JEmmaB

so basicly take Steam's business model and apply it to Warframe?

I'm ok with that, I actually just made a bunch of impulsive buys on steam this morning because of a midweek madness sale.

Edit: new thought

maybe De just kinda forgot about the market, the don't update the bundles, don't make new bundles, like for instance all the personal avatars should come in a giant bundle with all of them, the color bundle is missing 3-4 color palettes (yes I know they added 2 very recently so I'm not really counting this one), ETC.

Edited by CelsiusPrime

since you've spent even 1 $ in this game is no longer Free2Play
EDIT: no answer to stupid jokes

And that is a problem because? Would you enjoy working like hell for no pay? You think game developers should just pour their heart and soul into something that so many enjoy and not get any compensation apart from praise? We all need cash, buddy. Just an unfortunate reality that everyone must make peace with at some point in their lives.

Torrenting stuff is so commonplace now that a lot of people balk at the idea of spending real money on virtual entertainment. I grew up having to buy NES and SNES cartridges with pocket money (or begging confused parents), and each one purchased was a monumental event in my young life - you didn't know whether it was total crap or not but you were NOT getting another one any time soon. All you could do was hope that the cool blurb and pics on the back of the box weren't outright lying to you. 

WarFrame, as well as many other Free2Play games, show you pretty much exactly what you are going to be receiving should you decide to spend money on them. It is a new(ish) way to make money in a saturated market. Noone is scamming anyone (apart from those mod packs, euggh!). The game tells you outright - pay THIS much, and you will receive exactly THIS much in return. That is a business transaction, not a way to try and screw you out of your money. If you ever get properly scammed or stolen from in real life, you will know the bloody difference.

TLDR : DE needs to pay rent and salaries, among other things - your goodwill does not help them in this endeavor. There is no such thing as a free lunch. 

Edited by psyanide

And that is a problem because? Would you enjoy working like hell for no pay? You think game developers should just pour their heart and soul into something that so many enjoy and not get any compensation apart from praise? We all need cash, buddy. Just an unfortunate reality that everyone must make peace with at some point in their lives.

Torrenting stuff is so commonplace now that a lot of people balk at the idea of spending real money on virtual entertainment. I grew up having to buy NES and SNES cartridges with pocket money (or begging confused parents), and each one purchased was a monumental event in my young life - you didn't know whether it was total crap or not but you were NOT getting another one any time soon. All you could do was hope that the cool blurb and pics on the back of the box weren't outright lying to you.

WarFrame, as well as many other Free2Play games, show you pretty much exactly what you are going to be receiving should you decide to spend money on them. It is a new(ish) way to make money in a saturated market. Noone is scamming anyone (apart from those mod packs, euggh!). The game tells you outright - pay THIS much, and you will receive exactly THIS much in return. That is a business transaction, not a way to try and screw you out of your money. If you ever get properly scammed or stolen from in real life, you will know the bloody difference.

TLDR : DE needs to pay rent and salaries, among other things - your goodwill does not help them in this endeavour. Get a job, leech.

Hey, Flame war's over. Stop it.

I purposely got myself into that war just to see how will the mods react.

Edited by Rengakun

I believe the concerns of this thread was address long time ago by the devs. They have taken this into consideration and will try to do their best to bring fair market prices in the future.

Which is why they have an overpriced sniper, and 2 boosters on "sale" for 230 plat.

Or why they sold the same 3 shades of a color for 75 plat?

I feel like, for this sort of in-game item, the actual items themselves are at a decent price point- yes, they could stand to be 1/4 off or so, but the point here is that they can be built for free- most weapons especially, are available for Credits in the market- you either pay a bunch, or you farm if you don't want to spend the money.

What should be offered up for real cheap- microtransaction style (less or equal to $5 in Plat) are things like the re-skins.  And there should be more of those as well.  Different helmets, different power effects (look effects, not actual effects- things like Ice Wave looking like claws or swords instead of icicles, or Burn spiraling.), different Avatar skins.

I'm completely confused as to why the prices are an issue. If you feel weapons are too high then why spend your money on them? You can buy weapons with in-game credits then farm the parts. You don't have to buy a new Frame when you can buy the BP for a small amount of credits then farm the parts. I have Rhino, Excalibur, Ash, and making Banshee as we speak. All I need is a frost prime helmet for frost Prime. I have all of the stalkers weapons, the reaper, and Latron prime. All of which I never spent one red cent on the have and I just started playing. Either you have the money and do not care about the price so you support the game, or money is an issue and you take the time to farm what you want. What is the problem? They come out with new weapons all the time that you can just buy the bp with credits so what more do you want? Plus they have events like the one they just had where you can win a really good weapon. They reward those who play the game. Plus they have a 50% off log-in reward where you can get a $50 pack for only $25. Patients is a virtue.  

Because DE ideally should want players to spend money on weapons.  At the current prices, most people would rather grind.  That's bad for the game.