Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Zephyr Good For?

(PSN)SRrIN

I love the zephyr frame, it is so fun to play around wiht you can make a really good speed build on it, fly across the map, but I dont see any practicle use for her, I originaly though the tornadoes would be very good for defence, but the tornadoes are very weak even with a blind rage, transient fortitude and intensify on, and the augment mod for the tornadoes sucks, other than speed running what is a good use for zephyr?

I've found Zephyr extremely useful for crowd control, with a ton of duration, efficiency, and some strength with my range in the negatives. My 1 still flies across the map, and my tornadoes spawn really close to me, so I can lift up everything. In terms of damage, it's not so much there, but its still pretty nice. The wind shield a bonus to have as well.

Edited by MidgetsTossingPractice

I've found Zephyr extremely useful for crowd control, with a ton of duration, efficiency, and some strength with my range in the negatives. My 1 still flies across the map, and my tornadoes spawn really close to me, so I can lift up everything. In terms of damage, it's not so much there, but its still pretty nice. 

thanks, yea ill try some duration, all i got its efficiency strength and some duration

Edited by (PS4)SRrIN

Building her as a damage frame is a horrible idea, Duration/Range is best choice with Jetstream, makes her a mobile snowglobe, the fact she has no "press 4 to win" makes her not used that much.

She is not a damage frame, CC and mobility is what she's good at. If that isn't your thing then not much I can say.

Zephyr is the best frame for speedrunning, although Volt is another excellent choice. Which one you use really comes down to personal preference.

Aside from that, Zephyr is amazing at whatever you want to do. There's really nothing Zephyr can't do well.

taking any color combination and still looking like S#&$

Try combining the Tengu helmet with the Naberus for maximum Lovecraftian horror factor.

A mobile fast moving anti-projectile shield zone. And if you have the augment even FASTER movement and the ability to make your own projectiles with travel time significantly faster, thereby reducing drop and travel time.

Seriously, run an augmented Zephyr with things like Dera Vandal, Prisma Tetra, Supra, Ogris, Tonkor, Boltors, and the various bows...

Tail Wind is nice but should be mechanically different. Turbulence is very strong and has nice synergy with the augment and tonkor.

However Zephyr overall seems a very rushed design. Just like Hydroid that was released during the same times. Both frames need a serious rework in their ability kits.

I love the zephyr frame, it is so fun to play around wiht you can make a really good speed build on it, fly across the map, but I dont see any practicle use for her, I originaly though the tornadoes would be very good for defence, but the tornadoes are very weak even with a blind rage, transient fortitude and intensify on, and the augment mod for the tornadoes sucks, other than speed running what is a good use for zephyr?

I'd like to say that Zephyr is also one of the best solo frames.

Her Turbulence makes her invincible vs corpus and other projectile units. It also makes almost untouchable to grineer and their hitscan weapons. This makes her very easy to stay alive with, which is important when soloing since you have no one to revive you. It also scales better than say Iron Skin because enemies just flat out miss you. Did I mention it also deflects Scorpion/Ancient knockdown hooks and bombard rockets?

Jet Stream is a must for me as well. The movement speed bonus is great and acts like a permanent speed. When you combine that with AimGliding and her reduced gravity, she has the most speed and mobility of any frame in the game.  Jet Stream also adds projectile velocity, making it easier to hit moving targets with projectile weapons like the Boltor, Bows, or launchers. If built right you can even do the trick with the Tonkor shown in the first reply.

Tornados are pretty good too (the augment is trash though). I don't use them often myself due to their chaotic nature and the fact that they make enemies hard to kill, but they act as a great emergency button for when you need to get a group of enemies off you.

Overall I'd say Zephyr is a strong pick for those that like to supplement their gunplay with strong defenses, mobility, and CC. Your killing power will always be in the weapons you bring though. I personally find it more fun to kill with weapons than AoE nukes myself.

PS: Tailwind and Divebomb are mostly useless. I only ever use divebomb to get back to the ground quickly, and rarely tailwind in very large rooms to extend jumps. Neither of those happen very often in missions usually. Her other two abilities make up for this though.

Edited by Ashnal

Well there are only two frames ingame that can say that they are complete invulnerable to any damage one is valkyr on hysteria but the melee only handicap is bad and second is zephyr with a good duration range for all round or duration strength if you using something like tonkor both are good.She can t4 sur 60 min and take no damage whole mission so yeah she is my best frame.

Turbulence - preferably with Jetstream.

Zephyr is my main frame.  She is also my tank and my thief frame.  She has over a 1000 points in her health and shields plus i'm running Master thief and loot locator most of the time.

As far as her powers go, Tail wind is good for mobility and Dive bomb does have limited uses at best.  Turbulence is your god mode once duration is built for and the tornadoes are your "it has hit the fan" power.

IMO Zephyr was never built on the premise of "hit 4 as often as possible.  She is subtle in her use and i believe it takes time to know how to get the most out of her.

Don't like her then don't use her but I believe in the responses already that there are a lot of Zephyr users who feel that she is very top tier.  Could she use a look at for her 1 and 2 abilities and maybe a minor tweak here and there down the road? Sure but as she is now she is definitely a very good frame.

DKP