Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Headsets!

Namastyler

I prefer over ear, but it can be hard to find a headset that works well with your system. I used to use turtle beach x12's for my old 360, nowadays I just use the TV speakers for my PC because my PC puts out terrible quality sound from the headset jack, I really don't want to spend hundreds buying a new headset. For my PS4 I have this headset.

9yh6-800.jpg

But the sound quality when I use it on PC is a bit lacking, I guess Sony uses some special codecs that make it sound better or something.

AKG K240 MkII

Semi-Open, Over-Ear, Comfortable, Versatile, Durable-as-Hell, Hot-Swappable-Cables, Phenomenal Sound Quality.

I love my SOOECVDHHSCOSQ's. They are very nice.

Edit: Best of all, STYLISH

K240mk2-large.jpg

Really similar to Superlux HD681, the model i was looking from some time xD

616WyCNmudL._SL1000_.jpg

Mad Catz F.R.E.Q. 4D Titanfall Edition

- Outstanding sound quality

- USB/3,5mm -> both cables included

- "4D"-technology by Bayer (literally 2 subwoofers, you can enable/disable them [only works with USB]), can be found on the left side

- Over ear

- Build-in mic ("4D" is interfering with it if enabled -> people will hear the subwoofers), can be found on the right side

- Equalizer settings (only presets available), can be found on the left side

TTF43408-MADCATZ-FREQ-4D-01-lg.jpg

Koss PortaPro. Semi-open mobile headset, great for its money.

portapro.jpg

I literally just carry them around everywhere and plug them into my PC when I'm at home because all of my PC headsets are dead.

Prior to that I was using a SoundBlaster "Tactic 3D Rage USB" and then Plantronics Gamecom 388. I'd recommend them but they died on me so... there's that...

51af4f1ae336f8f1ed75f522a9d34d3a_3x3.jpg

8150fO5TtmL._SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Artarrwen

huh i was gunna make a thread asking about headsets, looks like i dot need to now xD anyone have recomendations for a headset around $50, cause my ear buds dont really cut it ;p

Kraken/Kraken Pro.

Reliable, surround sound. Basically, the pro has a mic. The regular doesn't.

hero.png

Edited by -FV-Metheria

Kraken/Kraken Pro.

Reliable, surround sound. Basically, the pro has a mic. The regular doesn't.

hero.png

I've used a Kraken Pro before. Horribly uncomfortable, terrible sound, lousy build quality. 

It represents everything that's wrong with gaming headsets. 

I use an AKG K7XX with an external mic. Audiophile headhones with an external mic is the best way to get accurate sound. 

BTW, virtual surround sound is just a cheap gimmick. It's what audio pros call an artificial soundstage. Good headphones only use stereo and have a true soundstage that lets you easily pick out the locations of different sounds without changing the sounds to add artificial depth. 

Edited by Plasmaface

I've used a Kraken Pro before. Horribly uncomfortable, terrible sound, lousy build quality. 

It represents everything that's wrong with gaming headsets. 

Really? I've been able to use it for more than four hours at a time, the sound is good for a 50$ range, and still rather sturdy.

Really? I've been able to use it for more than four hours at a time, the sound is good for a 50$ range, and still rather sturdy.

No, even for the $50 range, the sound is sub-par. The build quality is also unimpressive. Nothing but crackly plastic. 

Here's a better pair of headphones you can get for cheap. http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-681-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B002GHIPYI?tag=donations09-20

The most important thing in headphones used for gaming is sound accuracy. The Krakens have a poorly tuned and overpowering low end and a pathetically weak midrange. They provide inaccurate, twisted sound. These Superlux cans prioritize accuracy above all else. They will give you a better soundstage than the Krakens in every situation. 

Edited by Plasmaface

Open headphones are pretty great.

Using the HD558 atm. They're headphones though, but I don't need a mic.

square_louped_hd_558_01_sq_sennheiser.pn

Also, those are probably one of the best looking headphones I've ever seen. Really happy I spent those 130€ on them.

Sennheiser is always good.

Mine outstrip most other headphones, paid 110 dollars for them (albeit they were on a significant sale, but still)