Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Honest If Youre Going To Remove Multishot

ss4chris

Hah, I like the follow up rant that if they're going to do this to Multishot to improve mod diversity they should just remove Serration and things like that.

Watching the entire community light up into the biggest wildfire on the internet with the loss of Serration would be hilarious - yet give it a few months then the community will forget and will have adapted to the new situation.

I think I'd have fun actually seeing Lv 60 become a threat again.

I still think all damage mods should be thrown out the window for good.

The PvP Mod system is much more interesting and would greatly benefit the core game if implemented correctly which would need a revisit of scaling mechanics at first. Still, I think this would make the game much more interesting where mods like "reloads a weapon while holstered" etc. could be implemented.

Just something I was thinking 'bout at the top of my head - "you can choose only one of these mods on your weapon":

- Kills regenerate a portion of the player's shields

- Kills regenerate a small portion of the player's health

- Kills regenerate a small portion of the player's energy

Let's assume they were going to implement this, which would only need one slot for one of three "regenerate whatever" mods, the other seven could be used to reduce recoil, increase clip size, decrease reload time, add punch through, etc.

Edited by (PS4)MikeCopa

Again we're moving problem from X to Y , basicly now someone who want to use multishoot (Dunno why but this is one of the fun mods that make weapon firing strange ways) will need to add mutation Ammo mutation so making one less mandatory mods make you add anothers one

/LogicWithDe or maybe /SpaceLogics :D

cuz its a bug blah blah blah and it atm it makes it mandatory on all weapons further limiting build diversity you might as well...

DIng ding ding

Remove elemental combos.

atm  you need at least 2 elements to combat each faction.

Magnetic for corpus electric and toxin

radiation and viral for grineer fire/ electric/ toxin and col

corrosive for infested electric and toxin.

thats 2-4 mods of the  mandatory mod combos you need to take down a faction. and more if you wanna further boost the elemental combo. because atm no matter what an element is always going to be more dmg than a specific dmg type mod.

you talk about making one mod mandatory. try 2-4 mods mandatory.

Let me know if you guys agree/ disagree. Look fwd to discussion/ hate. ^^

Hmm... so are you suggesting instead of ice/electric for magnetic, that there be one single mod for magnetic? If so, I'm in favor of that. That will also allow combinations that were only possible with certain weapons to be available on all weapons. So for example, it is possible to mod the Stug for viral and radiation damage, which will combine with it's innate corrosive damage to be the ultimate Grineer killing machine. But say you have something like a Karak - there would be one mod for corrosive, one mod for radiation, and one mod for viral, whereas the previous system would only allow for radiation and viral due to the need for toxin in both corrosive and viral, and the need for electric in radiation and corrosive. Maybe they could be nightmare mods or something. I could see this working for a high status build where players would want the stun effect of electric or the slowing effect of cold but still have the elemental combo to deal with the factions.

(Edited for grammar.)

Edited by Homer87

Ahh, archwing. Right now, multi for archwing is marginal. Its only a 30% proc chance, whereas elements are 120% damage. Multi is the very last mod you put in, rather than the first. With this change, and no way to affect ammo regen in archwing, multi becomes even more marginal. Some of those weapons have such a small "clip" size that I'm honestly tempted to mod for it, even with the rather small benefit (grattler and fluctus, I'm looking at you).

Making me burn through ammo 30% faster? No thanks. I need to be able to sustain fire in order to hit things in archwing intercepts (which is the only part of it that's really fun), cause honestly? Using a controller for this mode isn't all that great. If I could do kb&m without dropping $50 or more, it might be a different story, but as is?

I don't necessarily mind the changes. My problem is that they haven't given any concrete info, only a general "we'll balance things out again." That does not inspire lots of confidence. I realize they were just shooting the breeze and talking about things that they plan on doing, not what they are doing. I just keep looking at the OTHER rebalance project, conclave, and imagining the rest of the game getting the same treatment. Whatever they decide to do, they have to have a comprehensive plan, ready to roll out all at once.

They were just as vague when PK 2.0 was about to roll out, and what a nice surprise it was. 

Min/max'd Paris P build* 

I do fine without it and couldn't care less about going to level 5,000,000 enemies. 

thats fine thats your pref but im saying i'd out dmg you in a T3-T4 survival and be more efficient than you.  if you dont wanna be the most optimal on your team thats on you but im a team player ( hence the trinity avatar) and will mod/ build the most optimal standard for my team.

You have been led to believe it is so and that elements are mandatory, but since you can only see and play one dimensional I guess it must be so!

So you also can only play one dimensional, got it! The general consensus (by that you mean min/max players) have decided that there is only one way to play it, yet I can prove over and over there is a lot more ways to do things especially when you can think for yourself.

Also last I checked you may think you put me in my place, but I am still here and still doing things my way, which happens to be working just as well as the (min/max players). You keep dreaming that you did it but it will never happen.

you are def salty. i can tell. lol the fact you removed yourself from following this topic is well enough.

Hmm... so are you suggesting instead of ice/electric for magnetic, that there be one single mod for magnetic? If so, I'm in favor of that. That will also allow combinations that were only possible with certain weapons to be available on all weapons. So for example, it is possible to mod the Stug for viral and radiation damage, which will combine with it's innate corrosive damage to be the ultimate Grineer killing machine. But say you have something like a Karak - there would be one mod for corrosive, one mod for radiation, and one mod for viral, whereas the previous system would only allow for radiation and viral due to the need for toxin in both corrosive and viral, and the need for electric in radiation and corrosive. Maybe they could be nightmare mods or something. I could see this working for a high status build where players would want the stun effect of electric or the slowing effect of cold but still have the elemental combo to deal with the factions.

(Edited for grammar.)

Im just tired of seeing the same comboes for each faction.

you know instead of pointing on the mods taht are " mandatory" work on the  mods that are just sitting  there and being used as fodder for mod up grading >>>

I'm still confused. How is "the mechanic being removed". They are adding increased ammo consumption, but multishot as a mechanic will still exist. 

I don't like the change, but it doesn't remove multishot from the game. 

Pretty sure  the chances of shooting 2 bullets in 1 will be nerfed. its not just ammo consumption. at least from where i read in the forums. i mean if this was the case thre wouldnt be pitch forks and threads going around and ammo mutation would be the answer to this from the start. you feel me?

Remove multishot? They said they were going to make it take ammo, not remove multishot mods from the game... overreacting much? 

..and do you know what that is going to do...make BOTH multishot and ammo mutation mandatory. It will create a worse problem rather than fix an existing one.

..and do you know what that is going to do...make BOTH multishot and ammo mutation mandatory. It will create a worse problem rather than fix an existing one.

I'm not talking about how good/not good the idea is. I'm talking about how the thread title is misleading. 

Multishot is being nerfed, yes. It is NOT being removed. The mechanic of multishot is not being removed. It's just not. And that's misleading. 

Yes, draining ammo when it procs is definitely a nerf, but multishot will still exist. 

cuz its a bug blah blah blah and it atm it makes it mandatory on all weapons further limiting build diversity you might as well...

DIng ding ding

Remove elemental combos.

atm  you need at least 2 elements to combat each faction.

Magnetic for corpus electric and toxin

radiation and viral for grineer fire/ electric/ toxin and col

corrosive for infested electric and toxin.

thats 2-4 mods of the  mandatory mod combos you need to take down a faction. and more if you wanna further boost the elemental combo. because atm no matter what an element is always going to be more dmg than a specific dmg type mod.

you talk about making one mod mandatory. try 2-4 mods mandatory.

Let me know if you guys agree/ disagree. Look fwd to discussion/ hate. ^^

Yes lets remove all the mods people spent time and money on.

Good idea.

Lets remove damage, multishot, elemental, event mods and best take away duration mods as well.

Seems good.

IF i get all my plat back, then yes.

Edited by Illamonati

Yes lets remove all the mods people spent time and money on.

Good idea.

Lets remove damage, multishot, elemental, event mods and best take away duration mods as well.

Seems good.

IF i get all my plat back, then yes.

thats not happening. people spent a ton of forma on their weapons before they got nerfed. no refund plat.  you wont get your plat back if the above happens. get over it.

• 4 weeks later...

Springing off of the OP, I was actually pretty hyped for Damage 2.0... until I realized that it was a simple elemental rock/paper/scissors.

The rock/paper/scissors system should be in place, damage-wise, but all weapons should have at least some viability to induce statuses. These statuses, then, would be most effective/helpful against a different group of enemies than the group it has a straight damage boost against. There would then be the choice between dealing slightly more damage through straight numbers or doing damage/CC through the mechanics of the damage types you're using.