The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sancti Tigris/tigris Needs To Be Scaled Down.

(PSN)BorockObama

Yes i'm ready for the fire and pitch forks, bear with me if you will please.

I've used the Tigris during its period where it was hated on. I personally loved it's mechanic and even though it sucked I powered through. 

After its buff ive breathed a sigh of relief, FINALLY! But all im seeing now are the same emotions that a large amount of our community have given towards Rhipri and Boltor users. Its not fully envy but not fully disgust.

Since Console users dont have Sancti yet, i logged into my PC and decided to pick it up, upon doing so all I saw were Sancti Tigris..tigrieses?? Anyways I dont personally know how the multishot nerf will work, And from what ive personally experienced regarding it, its a very powerful weapon, putting the Boltor prime to utter shame, and placing it behind an MR12 requirement wont help much either.

Notice how i didnt say nerf, no i said toned down. Its like putting that oven on at 450 instead of 350. Also in De's quest to force us to not rely on one weapon entirely, this is completely going against that mindset.

Rob from AGGP states this as a e-peen type of deal, I havnt seen mogamus review up yet, but the opinion from Rob is spot on, The amount of damage vs the actual skill required is no better than placing it at mr2 ( we all know mr rank really doesnt mean anyrhing).

Anyways I digress? What do you think? Do yiu think the amount of damage this thing is pumping is fine? Or should it be scaled back? Leave your opinion. Thank you have a great day!

Edit:  Placing yourself in a known broken enviornment does NOT validate reasoning, boltor soma dread etc also should be scaled down but as ive stated this is towards the raw dmg the tigris is pumping, the FA guns will be looked at when the multishot nerf comes through so none of those  double standards posts.

Edited by (PS4)BorockObama

The amount of DPS they do is just simply not needed in almost all content. I don't think there's anything wrong with having big numbers, they're fun to see and they feel good. I think DE may have overcompensated for their small clip/slow reload, but i don't feel they need to change it. Being able to 1 shot any single target should be the goal of shotguns, and Tigris should be the epitome of that.

Edited by SaerwenFlanoir

If you're talking about PvP, you're in the wrong forum.

If you're talking about PvE, it's still only 2 shots every 2 seconds. Give it all the damage in the world, and Tonkor, Amprex, Dread, Rakta Cernos, and Boltor Prime can still kill more targets per second.

Thevamount of raw damage its pumping per target is not what i mean, you can kill 1 target every 5 zeconds dishing out upwards of 300k for example, the point im making is the amount its dishing is unnecessary. Nothing in the game has that much health, its not needed. See what im saying?

They're both making something less powerful. It's exactly the same thing.

Again no. Preventing a weapon's usability is a nerf, preventing a weapon from becoming the only weapon used is toning down. The latter is where im going with this.

Thevamount of raw damage its pumping per target is not what i mean, you can kill 1 target every 5 zeconds dishing out upwards of 300k for example, the point im making is the amount its dishing is unnecessary. Nothing in the game has that much health, its not needed. See what im saying?

Again no. Preventing a weapon's usability is a nerf, preventing a weapon from becoming the only weapon used is toning down. The latter is where im going with this.

The reason people use that raw damage is during high end endless missions where eventually enemies CAN take a hit like that.

Edited by Omega-Shadowblade

They mean exactly the same thing. It doesn't matter what you think it means, because what you think it means is wrong. If it makes the thing in question less powerful, it is a nerf. if it lowers its usability, desirability or effectiveness, it is a nerf. The definition of the term by the majority of videogame developers and players is the same.

Ask anyone what "lowering the damage of a strong weapon" means and anyone with sense will respond with "nerf".

Just call it what it is. You're not winning any points by trying to dance around it and give it different names.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

So who cares? Even if it did less damage, it would still be a oneshot and overkill. And if youd need 2 shots the gun would be crap. Its funny to see these high numbers, but its still one enemy. I take my Tonkor or Atomos and kill 20 enemies before ive killed 4 with my Tigris. The time the devs have is limited, why waste it with changing stuff that doesnt need a change...

Edited by Suppenterrine

I don't understand whats the problem with big numbers.

It never hurts to have them, and you keep saying that you dont need that much damage then the tigris are not the only ones that need Nerf/toning down (the same thing).

Besides the tigris is NOT game-breaking is just a good weapon with a weird mechanic, and the damage is just to compensate that mechanic.

and about the mr thing you said:an MR2 CANT do better that a MR20 whatsoever.

Edited by SoulKing009

The reason people use that raw damage is during high end endless missions where eventually enemies CAN take a hit like that.

Yea? At what 60 minutes in a T4s right. Why are you even spending an hour in an area like that, besides forma you should have everything you want or need, DE clearly stated the game hasnt been scaled properly for those engagements, purposely putting yourself in a broken enviornment doesnt validate that opinion at all, im sorry.

I don't understand whats the problem with big numbers.

It never hurts to have them, and you keep saying that you dont need that much damage then the tigris are not the only ones that need Nerf/toning down (the same thing).

Besides the tigris is NOT game-breaking is just a good weapon with a weird mechanic. and the damage is just to compensate that mechanic

i can agree with that, this is the current thing being brought towards the forefront so imaddressing that now

They mean exactly the same thing. It doesn't matter what you think it means, because what you think it means is wrong. If it makes the thing in question less powerful, it is a nerf. if it lowers its usability, desirability or effectiveness, it is a nerf. The definition of the term by the majority of videogame developers and players is the same.

Ask anyone what "lowering the damage of a strong weapon" means and anyone with sense will respond with "nerf".

Just call it what it is. You're not winning any points by trying to dance around it and give it different names

To be fair everyone here screams nerf when something is changed, even if its a map (viver e gate etc) point is they are not the same thing, and its pure semantics at this point stay on topic please