Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sancti Tigris/tigris Needs To Be Scaled Down.

(PSN)BorockObama

Why.

Why do we need to nerf things in a PVE game.

Who gives a fk if someone's doing more damage than you. 

If you have such a superiority complex that people getting higher damage numbers than you really pisses you off, then it's you who needs help, not the gun, lol.

It has no affect on you or how you play the game, for fks sake all these whines for 'nerfs' to every little thing you people don't agree with is seriously ridiculous, all 'cus your numbers weren't yellow in the end of mission screen.

Why.

If you have such a superiority complex that people getting higher damage numbers than you really pisses you off, then it's you who needs help, not the gun, lol.

It has no affect on you or how you play the game, for fks sake all these whines for 'nerfs' to every little thing you people don't agree with is seriously ridiculous, all 'cus your numbers weren't yellow in the end of mission screen.

And again someone that lines up in special snowflake class that isn´t able to read past page 1.

Congrats to you good Sir.

Why.

Nerfing is only half the process. Buffing up underused items is equally important. Balance is still important even in a PvE game, though it tends to be less critical because the game doesn't revolve around them being used against each other. Imagine if you created a horror shooter with a beautiful storyline and thoughtfully crafted maps then included a gun that kills everything in one shot and never runs out of ammo. This is probably an issue because running low on firepower contributes significantly to horror games. If you can kill everything willy nilly you've just turned it into a survival shooter. Weapons still need to be tuned so that content can be enjoyed within certain boundaries. Pacing is important, especially in the F2P model. If it's too difficult to progress, players will get frustrated and quit. And it's too easy to progress, players will "finish" your game and quit. You have to hit a sweet spot between these two extremes and this requires buffs, nerfs, and reworks.

As far as the Tigris goes, it's really a difficult case. I feel that it's perfectly balanced against normal monsters but significantly overpowered against bosses. The 1.5s reload time on Sancti Tigris really makes you plan out those monstrous shots against swarms of enemies, but anyone with half decent aim is going to take out any boss on the star map with one or two shots using a potato'd, 0 forma Sancti Tigris. The reload time doesn't even come into play. Tigris is my favorite weapon. It perfectly fits the one shot, one kill shotgun playstyle that is incredibly satisfying but I'm not sure if it should be able to do this against any boss in the game.

=> with that said, bosses are easy in general once you potato any weapon

I'd say give it a month and see how it pans out. If a significant portion of the community is using the Tigris despite hating the duplex-auto trigger then you know the weapon needs tuning. Otherwise, it's just people bandwagoning to a weapon with supposedly huge numbers but they'll switch back to their Boltor/Soma Primes within a few days. This happened after shotgun buffs and the actual introduction of alt-fire along with nerf requests. After the removal of alt-fire, most people went back to other top tier guns like the Hek.

Aside from word choice - because that's not important... because using words to argue about word choice rather than the topic is circular... Sounds like the OP wants the shotgun to be weaker.

I think the shotgun is in a great place as is and should remain that way.

There is a massive variety of weapons in the game, many of them allow you to one shot enemies in certain parts of the game: a modded Braton can one shot enemies on Mercury, a modded Boltor Prime can one shot enemies from Mercury and probably all the way to Uranus, a modded Dread can one shot all enemies on every planet and will keep one shotting up to a certain point in deep endless missions.

The same applies to the Tigris: it will keep one shotting up to a certain point, I don't know what a fully modded Tigris is like but I'm going to assume it will keep one shotting for longer deep in an endless mission than a Dread or Vectis will.

That is the trade off and choice people make, they want to keep that single-shot power longer than a Dread or Vectis provides for them.

If you are so keen on nerfing/toning-down/scaling-down/weakening the (Sancti) Tigris because it's too ridiculous for "reasonable" content, and this same philosophy should be applied to all other powerful-single-shot weapons like Bows, then 1) we're back to where we were before the Shotgun buff, and 2) what makes Bows and Shotguns different from Rifles, and we're back to Rifles reigning indisputably supreme.

Before the Shotgun buff, Rifles did everything Shotguns could but were more versatile, with their range, fire rate, etc. Before the Shotgun buff, shotguns were so specific in their close range requirement, you might as well have used a melee weapon because at least you were tankier for using a melee weapon (Life Strike and Blocking). The alleviating of the damage falloff extended the Shotgun's range to a point where it now stands in a good place where it's long range enough to use it over a melee weapon but still shorter range than a Rifle.

Aside from word choice - because that's not important... because using words to argue about word choice rather than the topic is circular... Sounds like the OP wants the shotgun to be weaker.

I think the shotgun is in a great place as is and should remain that way.

There is a massive variety of weapons in the game, many of them allow you to one shot enemies in certain parts of the game: a modded Braton can one shot enemies on Mercury, a modded Boltor Prime can one shot enemies from Mercury and probably all the way to Uranus, a modded Dread can one shot all enemies on every planet and will keep one shotting up to a certain point in deep endless missions.

The same applies to the Tigris: it will keep one shotting up to a certain point, I don't know what a fully modded Tigris is like but I'm going to assume it will keep one shotting for longer deep in an endless mission than a Dread or Vectis will.

That is the trade off and choice people make, they want to keep that single-shot power longer than a Dread or Vectis provides for them.

If you are so keen on nerfing/toning-down/scaling-down/weakening the (Sancti) Tigris because it's too ridiculous for "reasonable" content, and this same philosophy should be applied to all other powerful-single-shot weapons like Bows, then 1) we're back to where we were before the Shotgun buff, and 2) what makes Bows and Shotguns different from Rifles, and we're back to Rifles reigning indisputably supreme.

Before the Shotgun buff, Rifles did everything Shotguns could but were more versatile, with their range, fire rate, etc. Before the Shotgun buff, shotguns were so specific in their close range requirement, you might as well have used a melee weapon because at least you were tankier for using a melee weapon (Life Strike and Blocking). The alleviating of the damage falloff extended the Shotgun's range to a point where it now stands in a good place where it's long range enough to use it over a melee weapon but still shorter range than a Rifle.

Perhaps we don' need them nerfs but change how the enemy ai works? Although that would be pretty brutal to code D:

Just because a weapon destroys regular content (non-void gameplay) and can do 40+ T4 Def waves or 1 hour + of T4 Survival with relative ease, doesn't mean it needs a nerf. We need weapons who can actually kill mobs beyond that, so why punish people who want to go past 20 waves or 20 mins? Why? Because you think it's "too strong"? Then don't use it, don't punish other people because they like using shotguns (very few of us do). So why not at the same time nerf all other "too strong" weapons? Dread, Soma P, Boltor P, Tonkor, Penta, Vectis (P), Dragon Nikana are all obviously too strong so let's nerf those to the ground as well! That will make the game more fun for everyone else right? RIGHT?

If you feel the need to use a weapon just because it's "the strongest" instead of using a weapon you find fun to use, and as such want to nerf all the "strong" weapons so you can use the weapons you find fun. I not only feel sorry for you, I also feel that you should not try and ruin other peoples fun just because you are too weak minded to make your own fun.

Disclaimer: This is not directly directed to the OP, but to everyone who are like this.

Nerfing is only half the process. Buffing up underused items is equally important. Balance is still important even in a PvE game, though it tends to be less critical because the game doesn't revolve around them being used against each other. Imagine if you created a horror shooter with a beautiful storyline and thoughtfully crafted maps then included a gun that kills everything in one shot and never runs out of ammo. This is probably an issue because running low on firepower contributes significantly to horror games. If you can kill everything willy nilly you've just turned it into a survival shooter. Weapons still need to be tuned so that content can be enjoyed within certain boundaries. Pacing is important, especially in the F2P model. If it's too difficult to progress, players will get frustrated and quit. And it's too easy to progress, players will "finish" your game and quit. You have to hit a sweet spot between these two extremes and this requires buffs, nerfs, and reworks.

Except this isn't a horror game, it's a farming simulator with artificial difficulty via ridiculous enemy scaling. You're like comparing Dead Space to fkin World of Warcraft. Just don't.

As far as the Tigris goes, it's really a difficult case. I feel that it's perfectly balanced against normal monsters but significantly overpowered against bosses. The 1.5s reload time on Sancti Tigris really makes you plan out those monstrous shots against swarms of enemies, but anyone with half decent aim is going to take out any boss on the star map with one or two shots using a potato'd, 0 forma Sancti Tigris. The reload time doesn't even come into play. Tigris is my favorite weapon. It perfectly fits the one shot, one kill shotgun playstyle that is incredibly satisfying but I'm not sure if it should be able to do this against any boss in the game.

=> with that said, bosses are easy in general once you potato any weapon

If you seriously have a problem with something killing enemies in a game about killing enemies then I'm sorry but the gun is not the problem. It's S#&$ters like you whining for everything remotely advantageous to a player or playstyle that isn't yours to be nerfed, and it's why the game is in such a poor state in the first place. Instead of whining for nerfs on things in a fkin PVE farming simulator how about you file a real complaint about the game breaking bugs that have existed since closed beta or terrible unrewarding and unfun mission types.

Seriously, stop trying to punish people for wanting to use a strong gun or combo. Really. Not everyone wants to sit at 20 minute survivals on mercury like you. Some of us actually LIKE to see high level content, and thus a strong gun is what we are going to bring to such content. Just because it doesn't agree with YOU for some bizarre reason doesn't mean everyone else who enjoys it needs to be punished for enjoying it.

Just because a weapon destroys regular content (non-void gameplay) and can do 40+ T4 Def waves or 1 hour + of T4 Survival with relative ease, doesn't mean it needs a nerf. We need weapons who can actually kill mobs beyond that, so why punish people who want to go past 20 waves or 20 mins? Why? Because you think it's "too strong"? Then don't use it, don't punish other people because they like using shotguns (very few of us do). So why not at the same time nerf all other "too strong" weapons? Dread, Soma P, Boltor P, Tonkor, Penta, Vectis (P), Dragon Nikana are all obviously too strong so let's nerf those to the ground as well! That will make the game more fun for everyone else right? RIGHT?

If you feel the need to use a weapon just because it's "the strongest" instead of using a weapon you find fun to use, and as such want to nerf all the "strong" weapons so you can use the weapons you find fun. I not only feel sorry for you, I also feel that you should not try and ruin other peoples fun just because you are too weak minded to make your own fun.

Disclaimer: This is not directly directed to the OP, but to everyone who are like this.

Thank you.

Edited by Diarist

Ofc I'm salty he's calling for nerfs in a PvE game as well as not taking into account the fact it's balanced by the fact it's not going to be a mass murderer unless modded for and a small mag size which WILL get worse with the multi-shot changes making it even more balanced. You have one shot so you have to make it count.

afaik we don;t know yet how exacly multishot will affect shotties - DE only showed it for auto rifles...

Except this isn't a horror game, it's a farming simulator with artificial difficulty via ridiculous enemy scaling. You're like comparing Dead Space to fkin World of Warcraft. Just don't.

If you seriously have a problem with something killing enemies in a game about killing enemies then I'm sorry but the gun is not the problem. It's S#&$ters like you whining for everything remotely advantageous to a player or playstyle that isn't yours to be nerfed, and it's why the game is in such a poor state in the first place. Instead of whining for nerfs on things in a fkin PVE farming simulator how about you file a real complaint about the game breaking bugs that have existed since closed beta or terrible unrewarding and unfun mission types.

Seriously, stop trying to punish people for wanting to use a strong gun or combo. Really. Not everyone wants to sit at 20 minute survivals on mercury like you. Some of us actually LIKE to see high level content, and thus a strong gun is what we are going to bring to such content. Just because it doesn't agree with YOU for some bizarre reason doesn't mean everyone else who enjoys it needs to be punished for enjoying it.

Thank you.

so you really like the game where whenever you go you destroy literaly everything with little to none challenge?

I'm not even mad - I'm amazed how you are not getting bored of such gameplay....

and as I stated already - my only issue with sancti tigris is how it comes out in comparision to regular tigris which is clantech.

PS. and - no, technically warframe is multiplayer instance based space shooter about (kind of) supersoldiers. maybe you're the part of rare breed that enjoys "farming simulators with artificial difficulty by terrble scaling" but lets face this - you and people that follows your mindset are big part of reason why abominations like draco farm are even a thing.

another useless nerf-thread

some people should get smth in real life to do with all the hormons and ideas, leave me alone, i love to play warframe as it is given

or are this threads a excuse for needing attention ? just curious ... =:P

afaik we don;t know yet how exacly multishot will affect shotties - DE only showed it for auto rifles...

They said multi-shot in general not just for auto rifles, they even said they designed the new syndi weapons based on the multi-shot change, which, includes the shotguns meaning they will take ammo across the board.

so you really like the game where whenever you go you destroy literaly everything with little to none challenge?

I'm not even mad - I'm amazed how you are not getting bored of such gameplay....

> Challenge

Yes because broken as fk enemy scaling is real 'challenging.' You must feel so cool spending 20 arrows to kill a corrupted bombard with your Mk1 Paris, when I instead can dispose of it much more efficiently with a better weapon.

Challenge implies a feeling of satisfaction when presented with an obstacle and overcoming said obstacle, not artificial bullS#&$.

If you're actually trying to S#&$ on people for playing efficiently then I'm sorry but you're the problem here, not the people using the right tools for the job in front of them. If gun X is stronger than gun Y in a given situation, why on EARTH would I use gun Y? What do I get out of that? Oh right, nothing except being less of a credit to my team. All because I wanted to have a "challenge." 

There is literally nothing wrong with a weapon being better than another weapon. Have you even played a videogame before? You get better items as the game progresses. It took them over 3 years but at least DE is planning on doing this with the new starchart and mastery rank rework instead of listening to S#&$ters like you who say "every weapon must be viable because I said so. Anything and everyone that doesn't agree with me is bad for the game because nyeh." That's not how it works. That wouldn't even make sense in a universe perspective, let alone mechanically, and is disgustingly selfish just because you don't wanna be a credit to your team and bring the right tool for the job.

and as I stated already - my only issue with sancti tigris is how it comes out in comparision to regular tigris which is clantech.

HStY4Ge.jpg

Wow, such clantech.

A crap market weapon that takes little to no resources to craft shouldn't compare to a superior syndicate version that requires dedication to said syndicate at all. 

But the fact that you said the Tigris is clantech shows just how little you know about this game to begin with, and how little you play it.

But no let's go with your side of the woods and nerf a weapon people spent time acquiring standing and/or trading for, as well as the MR for. We can't have it be better than the one you stick in the oven and is done the next day. That's sacrilege. 

you and people that follows your mindset are big part of reason why abominations like draco farm are even a thing.

Yes because the EXP system in this game is just so rewarding and not-tedious, that I'd just love to take 7 centuries to level my gun after forma'ing it multiple times, instead of being done in a few minutes just so I can use my fkin gun in my level of content again.

God forbid anyone play efficiently. What a sin.

Go back to Mercury Survival. In the meantime I'll be enjoying myself in the void with my min/max'd gear while I still can.

Edited by Diarist