Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Syndicates Lvling. Unlimited Rep?

--Q--TheLoneRonin

So I've come to realize we can lvl up 3 at once, but we can put on 2 Syndicate Regalia's on. So I'm sure we can use at least 1 on at a time but why not 2 why is that? or have unlimited Syndicate Rep to farm like in most MMO's like when your doing PvP matches you can do multiple runs and still get Rep for whatever gear or rank your trying to get bot not in Warframe. Take for example World of Warcraft, Defiance, Vindictus these games limit you on how much rep you can get per match/ mission but you can still keep gaining Reputation through out the day. So what if Warframe took on this idea we could get so much as 2,000 Rep per match/mission but we'd still be able to gain Rep though out the day instead of the daily Reputation to reset.

So this is how I'd this it would work levels 1-6 missions would get 2,500 Rep per mission. Level 6-

13 would get 3,000 Rep per mission. Level 13-19 missions would get 3,500 Rep per mission. 20-30 missions would get 4,000 Rep per mission. Level 31-35 missions would get 4,500 Rep per mission. and lvl 35+ missions like Draco or T4 keys would get 5,000 Rep per mission

Now I know the market would be flooded with Syndicate weapons or Augments but lets face the facts we either get Syndicate weapon to either sell (Which everyone does regardless and the it's still flooded with augments and Syndicate weapons the prices are still the same. Through time the prices will either stay at where it's at like the Vaykor Marelok at 40p.) or give it to friends or clan mates who need them the most. If this system was used would you support it or not? IF you do SUPPORT it then please Follow and Vote for it. If NOT the leave a comment on why this system would not be viable in-game.

Edited by Dyingsin80

not sure if im right but in those mentioned games the rep you gain can only be used for yourself and not trade what you get.

either way, i think that this might surprise you and a lot of players wont like the idea, on the basis of being an increase in grind.

now you can farm all your rep in a mission and be done with, but with 500 rep/mission it would make people play low lvl exterminate missions to exhaustion and the forums would be filled with discontent.

the thing i would like to see would be at least the removal of reputation cap (132.000 standings on highest rank) as it only hinders hoarding reputation. i cant say how much rep i lost cause i had all my syndicates maxed with rep and didnt want to spend on Void Key Pack ( and yes i got all other things, enough specters to last me years, all sigils too). 

i know this is all feedback but i dont think we will get any good changes to syndicates anytime soon.

DE doesn't have enough hands to create and provide new contents instantly on demand.

In order to prevent veterans from excessive farming/stockpiling then one-click-build on just released content, they put a cap on certain things such as Argon Crystal and rep, so players have to come back from time to time. This is acceptable for me because some tradable items devalued quickly, and players won't burn out soon because there's always a daily goal to work on.

Don't forget Viver.

5pGPXPp.jpg

Edited by VCaptiion

Current system: run a few missions and hit my cap (varies by mission type)

Your system: run 32 missions of Draco/T4 to hit my cap (16,000)

As much as I hate waiting times, there's no way in hell I'm running that many missions just to get the same amount of rep, I'd make practically no progress. I have no problem with the current system, it means I can do a few missions and actually get somewhere with my Syndicates. I don't know why you'd promote more grinding.

Edited by Ailith

So what if Warframe took on this idea we could get so much as 10,000 Rep per match/mission but we'd still be able to gain Rep though out the day instead of the daily Reputation to reset.

This idea WOULD make it easier on everyone cause we only get 9k per Syndicate if your lvling 3 at a time. Making the grind wall smaller in comparison to how it is now making you, your clan mates, & friends much happier. Either way it's a win for everyone

There was a time where we had unlimited syndicate reputation per day... That was abused to hell and back.

There would be no difference in adding a max-per-mission kind of thing since if it was too high it would serve no purpose, if it was too low it would hinder players who like the current system of being able to max out rep in 1 mission, and either way players would abuse it by running a mission up until they reach the rep cap for that mission or just before then re-running essentially making the cap pointless in every regard.

As it stands the cap is pretty lenient, you can easily obtain 60k rep in your chosen syndicate of the day (as long as they're allied with another syndicate you're in good standing with) once you're at the maximum if you play your cards right, this means it takes 2-3 days tops to obtain the most expensive item in the syndicate, and maybe a week or two to obtain all the mods from that syndicate.

The idea behind the syndicate rep cap is two-fold, the first reason is because it keeps players coming back, if you could get infinite rep in one day then there'd be no reason to ever do your daily missions for extra rep, you'd just farm rep from whatever players decide is the best rep farming spot, get your shiny new item, maybe a few extra's to trade for the other syndicate ones, and forget about it till they add something new.

The other reason is to keep players from hoarding items, a prime example of this, that no longer works mind you, but remains a prime example is the cephalon suda loop from back when each syndicate sold their own T4 key bundle.

The cephalon suda loop for those who don't know was pretty simple. Buy 5 T4 survival keys from suda, run all 5 keys, with the rep earned from those missions you could buy 25 more keys from suda, run all 25 keys, get 125 keys, run them, get 625 keys.

Of course you could do the same with other syndicates but suda was pretty popular for it because of R5 cores in T4 survival at the time. I know of people that have over 1,000 of multiple different T4 keys from that short-lived period where you could do this.

Sure the key abuse no longer works as well as it did, but without a cap you could easily obtain hundreds upon hundreds of different void keys, or syndicate weapons, augments, etc. Someone that spends all day farming draco could end up with 100+ of every void key or any other item they wanted by the end of the week.

DE doesn't have enough hands to create and provide new contents instantly on demand.

In order to prevent veterans from excessive farming/stockpiling then one-click-build on just released content, they put a cap on certain things such as Argon Crystal and rep, so players have to come back from time to time. This is acceptable for me because some tradable items devalued quickly, and players won't burn out soon because there's always a daily goal to work on.

Don't forget Viver.

5pGPXPp.jpg

Meanwhile I'm stuck with the squishiest meatballs. Edited by Kao-Snake

How can I wear 2 different Regalias? It tells me I can only wear one.

Only one syndicate regalia is equippable at any time.  The second regalia could be an assassin sigil, a boss sigil, holiday sigil, PA sigil, etc.  Even then, only one regalia can be equipped on the front of your frame, the second must be equipped on the back of your frame.

Edited by (PS4)Magician_NG

Only one syndicate regalia is equippable at any time.  The second regalia could be an assassin sigil, a boss sigil, holiday sigil, PA sigil, etc.  Even then, only one regalia can be equipped on the front of your frame, the second must be equipped on the back of your frame.

Well what if we could put on 2 Syndicate Regalia's at a time that would make it much easier to farm for Rep even with the current system in place. I mean what if they increase the cap for Rep to say 20k per day or something it would be a LOT more efficient that it is now. Like let's say you were about to hit your cap but you only need 1,450 Rep for both of your Syndicates that your leveling you can easily run a mission and make it so you can cap on Max then you can Rank up to the next level for your Syndicate. I mean the future changes of Warframe are NOT set in stone they change things every hotfix/ updates.

Edited by Dyingsin80

Don't forget Viver.

5pGPXPp.jpg

That's what you've been doing to prevent reputation cap bleed?

I buy the keypacks...

I have so many keys. Nothing I still need from the void, but will be able to farm all the parts for a new item, day 1.

You can equip 2 Syndicate Regalia? since when?

as for your first question. The games you mentioned, World of Warcraft, for example, have a cap on daily missions, which much of the time is how people accumulate rep. They may have removed that recently but that is because they are struggling to keep subs.

If DE caps how much you get on a single mission people will just run Draco 1 time and rerun it. Since there is no daily cap, then they can run it 50 times in 1 day and max all rep.

Lets say the cap in a single mission is: 5k.

That's 5K per run (1 wave of Draco) that takes about 10 minutes.

That's 6 times in an hour- 30,000K (already passed the current daily cap, in just 1 hour)

Then do it 24 times (we're talking max here) 720,000 Rep. So, basically you can more or less cap out 2-3 syndicates in a single day.

Half that cap? 2.5k per mission, still 15k per hour, 360k per day. 

DE just put months of work into something you completed in a single day. The only possible way DE could control it would be to make it 1rep point per kill (similar to MMOs rep grinding) and then the majority from the Daily 3 rep missions (Like Daily quests). This would result in less rep per day (unless you look at the full 24 hour example) than you can currently get.

The issue boils down to long term interest. If we just do 1 mission and a weapon is maxed. Craft things and it's instantly built people would get sick of the game, 1 they could play hard core and burn out, 2, no challenge or expectation. MMOs you mention have this as well, just in other fashions. They have Timelocks on Raids, Daily missions. These games may remove some daily limits that Warframe has, but that is because they have a much greater variety of things to do. They are different style games. Yes WF is online, but it is not a persistent world MMO, like WoW (I haven't played the others you mentioned) If WoW had started out with repeatable daily missions that aren't "Daily" and just can be repeated over and over, players would have gotten max level in a matter of a day.

Fact is these even out the pace, and slow some players down. A lesson you will need elsewhere in life, if you go to fast you finish to quick and that isn't always what everyone wants.

Edited by Lightsmith