The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Only Warframe (Concept Art Available)

LAWD

I had this idea, where by this new warframe idea, was only primed and had no regular version like the rest.

Which would mean he/she could only be acquired by special void missions, and is unique. He may have better benefits since he will not have another counterpart/version.

I'm designing the concept  just want to say i called it!

The skillset is coming along

Discussions could be on;

Any ideas on what skills he/she should have, or more interestingly what should they revolve around? (support, offense, tank etc)

Should he/she be male or female?

What benefits could he have over other prime warframes?

Should he have a lore?

So i drew rough skketches of what i what him/her to look like below; (update 10/9/15)

DSC01575.jpg

Profile view

DSC01574.jpg
Front view

DSC01576.jpg
Head designs
Edited by LAWD

Well the idea behind this, since all the Original tenno wore the primed versions we have now, and the regular ones are basically copies to the original ones in the Orokin era, we'd have this warframe uncopied and still original and having his orginal benefits. Hope that makes sense

Why would he not have a regular version, though? The Tenno could just go and make one, just like they did the rest.

My thoughts exactly, if I'm being honest. 

There's no reason that the Tenno found out about some ancient Prime only frame, that they wouldn't be able to engineer it into a vanilla frame unless the nature of it's power simply required original orokin manufacturing that couldn't be reverse engineered. Though, when you think about it, all current vanilla frames pretty much prove that such technology can be reverse engineered so I can't imagine what type of power would require that. Something incredibly overpowered, if I had to guess.

My thoughts exactly, if I'm being honest. 

There's no reason that the Tenno found out about some ancient Prime only frame, that they wouldn't be able to engineer it into a vanilla frame unless the nature of it's power simply required original orokin manufacturing that couldn't be reverse engineered. Though, when you think about it, all current vanilla frames pretty much prove that such technology can be reverse engineered so I can't imagine what type of power would require that. Something incredibly overpowered, if I had to guess.

It's not that they reverse-engineered the vanilla version to primed version, it that they found one untouched from the orokin era, somehow still intact and functional. The ORIGINAL warframe.

Why would he not have a regular version, though? The Tenno could just go and make one, just like they did the rest.

And lets just say that he is too OP to be cloned or somesort of copy remade into vanilla. I did state that lore behind him needs work

It's not that they reverse-engineered the vanilla version to primed version, it that they found one untouched from the orokin era, somehow still intact and functional. The ORIGINAL warframe.

Wasn't Excalibur the first?

Also you misread what I posted. The vanilla frames are all Tenno reverse engineered versions of Orokin Prime Frames.

Also you misread what I posted. The vanilla frames are all Tenno reverse engineered versions of Orokin Prime Frames.

Yes, Excalibur Prime was the first warframe (lore wise) and first prime

On-Topic: this would break some the lore in the game considering the fact that Excalibur Prime was "The Original"

Edited by Xicio

Lol not what i meant by Original, original in that it's not engineered on and made vanilla. sorry bout that, with that i say that with ive concluded that The tenno, even with their best technology couldn't reverse-engineer it and recreate it. Lotus may have kept it a secret from us as she feared it knew the truth behind her (Natah quest) and thus never mentioned its existence to you. Why it was never discovered or engineered on.

This could work if DE gave it a lore were it says they try'ed to remake it from the prime one but failed.

That this prime warframe ether

1.Was built with special built orokin tech that was lost for ever when the Empire fell, making it impossible to make non prime version. or
2. The Tennos power was something special something  a regular frame couldn't handle. Only a prime frame could control it, so they gave up on trying to make a regular on

Edited by BabyKurama

Lol not what i meant by Original, original in that it's not engineered on and made vanilla. sorry bout that, with that i say that with ive concluded that The tenno, even with their best technology couldn't reverse-engineer it and recreate it. Lotus may have kept it a secret from us as she feared it knew the truth behind her (Natah quest) and thus never mentioned its existence to you. Why it was never discovered or engineered on.

It'd have to be some sort of secret weapon against the Sentient if we're going down that path for the lore. Something that the Lotus would have kept guarded in the event the Sentient ever rose again.

This could work if DE gave it a lore were it says they try'ed to remake it from the prime one but failed.

That this prime warframe ether

1.Was built with special built orokin tech that was lost for ever when the Empire fell, making it impossible to make non prime version. or

2. The Tennos power was something special something  a regular frame couldn't handle. Only a prime frame could control it, so they gave up on trying to make a regular on

Hmmm glad you seeing into it, lorewise, well with the idea i have below;

your idea is what i had in mind, where by the tech the Tenno had, (tennology?) was too obselete compared to the nature of this warfrme

Edited by LAWD

It'd have to be some sort of secret weapon against the Sentient if we're going down that path for the lore. Something that the Lotus would have kept guarded in the event the Sentient ever rose again.

Or the fear that this warframe could reveal secrets of her past life as a doubleagent, through transmissions, almost like the building of the chroma warframe, but now thats outta the way, she could now use it to help us fight off the Sentient coming for us soon, as they arise.

And since the tenno couldn't reverse engineer it, they forgot it, abandoned in it's cryopod.

since it's couldnt be recreated, it could mean that it's pretty powerful and strong enough to handl the sentients pretty well (considering how powerful they may be, cannot be measured yet)

Seems like the lore is agreed on at one level ( was typing during previous posts )

This could work if it was in the completion process during the "Purge of the Overlords" and featured experimental technology that had never been proven publicly leaving no one to convert and "commercialize" it upon discovery.

If in the future a generic model is desired ->

This could become a whole plot line in which someone like Regor or Hek secretly makes a deal with Perrin Sequence to research the unknown technology and bring a generic version to market but upon public discovery is marked a traitor for dealing with the corpus. The outcome of an event could determine if the generic model becomes a grineer inspired variant or a Tenno Lab variant version.

Seems like the lore is agreed on at one level ( was typing during previous posts )

This could work if it was in the completion process during the "Purge of the Overlords" and featured experimental technology that had never been proven publicly leaving no one to convert and "commercialize" it upon discovery.

This could become a whole plot line in which someone like Regor or Hek secretly makes a deal with Perrin Sequence to research the unknown technology and bring a generic version to market but upon public discovery is marked a traitor for dealing with the corpus. The outcome of an event could determine if the generic model becomes a grineer inspired variant or a Tenno Lab variant version.

I like that. It would add an interesting change to the typical dynamic of: Frame gets released, then gets primed years later. Though, I'd prefer that this frame not have its own Prime Access and all that jazz, just because there are so many older frames we still have to go through before we start getting the really interesting newer frames primed (Oberon, Valkyr, Zephyr, etc.)

This one shouldn't have parts either, it should be the resulting reward of a really difficult veteran quest or something of that nature when the Sentient finally arrives.

Actually, I made something similar a few months ago, but it somewhat "failed" cuz someone there started talking about the exsiting lore, and stuff, but that was cuz I just wrote it was built "purly from Orokin tech". I think u pretty much fixed it by saying it have some "lost Orokin tech" in it. I think I called him...Aurum I think? if u want, u can check it out. 

I have difficulty understanding the last couple of sentences but for sure seems interesting having more Corpus involved than Grineer.

I like that. It would add an interesting change to the typical dynamic of: Frame gets released, then gets primed years later. Though, I'd prefer that this frame not have its own Prime Access and all that jazz, just because there are so many older frames we still have to go through before we start getting the really interesting newer frames primed (Oberon, Valkyr, Zephyr, etc.)

This one shouldn't have parts either, it should be the resulting reward of a really difficult veteran quest or something of that nature when the Sentient finally arrives.

Definiately, especially since DE is working to have wepaons have their own Mastery rank requirment, it rightly timed. the last warframes that are "hard to get" dont have that veteran feel to it.

And as you just stated, having it rewarded on a difficult veteran quest would be pretty decent, and will have major throwback looking into how much of the lor eis involved, possibly from older quests.

Actually, I made something similar a few months ago, but it somewhat "failed" cuz someone there started talking about the exsiting lore, and stuff, but that was cuz I just wrote it was built "purly from Orokin tech". I think u pretty much fixed it by saying it have some "lost Orokin tech" in it. I think I called him...Aurum I think? if u want, u can check it out. 

Lol lemme check it out, then we could further dive into it

Frame concept wise:

Not saying this as a "should be" but a few months ago I had an idea of a Frame called "APEX", but got too busy working to flesh it out and present it.

His overall theme would be consumption/emulation/ and damage distribution.

It could:

- target another tenno and emulate whatever ability they choose by a second key press, if the tenno is using this ability as well the enregy cost is larger and the output is less for balance sake.

- Absorb attack damage and redirect it as an energy beam

- Target an enemy and take it's form, removing threat of alert during it's duration as long as stealth kills are used

Not sure if anyone would like it or of your visual skills but I'm pretty good graphically and would like to illustrate the concept out sooner or later

Frame concept wise:

Not saying this as a "should be" but a few months ago I had an idea of a Frame called "APEX", but got too busy working to flesh it out and present it.

His overall theme would be consumption/emulation/ and damage distribution.

It could:

- target another tenno and emulate whatever ability they choose by a second key press, if the tenno is using this ability as well the enregy cost is larger and the output is less for balance sake.

- Absorb attack damage and redirect it as an energy beam

- Target an enemy and take it's form, removing threat of alert during it's duration as long as stealth kills are used

Not sure if anyone would like it or of your visual skills but I'm pretty good graphically and would like to illustrate the concept out sooner or later

wow emulation, that pretty cool but you're right about the balancing issues, if it could use it at base and respective rank that'd be okay.

This honestly is really awesome, especially the stealthy shapeshifting thing, that's a nice take on the usual invisibility. I imagine you Apex to not be a support type of frame but solely care about himself.

It's hard to say this shouldn't be

That doesn't invalidate any similar threads with the same objective. This isn't the type of topic that would get a megathread and the ideas contained within often vary drastically from one another.

Kestrel is right, sorry if it may seem offensive to your creativity, but just many things ould be thought of and may seem similar but infact are totally different when detailed.

wow emulation, that pretty cool but you're right about the balancing issues, if it could use it at base and respective rank that'd be okay.

This honestly is really awesome, especially the stealthy shapeshifting thing, that's a nice take on the usual invisibility. I imagine you Apex to not be a support type of frame but solely care about himself.

It's hard to say this shouldn't be

I think it (emulation) could be as good for support in the right hands and help make frames like limbo a little better in groups as it could rift others from a distance while the Limbo defends in cataclysm for example