Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Us To Scale Pvp Mods.

RIOT

Saw this suggestion for pve, can't remember who suggested it, but I think it would be a great addition to pvp.

Great example would that I just purchased one of the new pvp mods (less zoom while gliding), maxed it out, and now it's useless to me as the amount of dezoom is far to much for me.

I don't know about you folks, but I hate having multiple mods with varying ranks, even more so when I actually have to purchase them over and over.

Indeed, especially because PvP has a lot of mods with negative effect.

Even in PvE, a lot of corrupted mods could use this.

It's been suggested multiple times, but I don't think the devs have said anything about it.

DE actually did say a word or two about it during one of the livestreams.

What they had in mind was to allow people to decrease the rank at a certain cost. Most likely credits.

They brought it up like once (maybe a year ago?), after that I don't remember them mentioning anything else about it.

Rebecca recently talked about this:

The mod rank selection (sometimes referred to as underclocking) is a good (frankly great) concept but under the hood it is a bit of a nightmare with the way Mod info is stored per account. It is a very, very hard issue to solve, it technically has a solution in game now with copies of mods, and right now I don't see it entering the dev's pile of priorities considering how much full their current plate is.  Maybe one day.

Forma applications being a permanent consumable will be staying this way for the foreseeable future, but some interesting suggestions about per loadout are cool (although run us into the info-stored per account problem).

Really weak excuse. Unless they store mod info in some bizarre and unreasonable way.

xd, honestly, having a bit of experience with data bases, such "nightmare" sounded to me like a recurrent answer given by an engineer when asked for changes on tables, i dont mean to offend anyone, im not either suggesting that the presented reason is an excuse, but im just reminded of many engineers that i have worked with, and most of them hated adding things to the tables and usually presented time and effort related reasons even if the change required a few minutes, or hours, specially when they think that the one asking has no knowledge, i repeat myself, im not saying its the case, they may have legitime nightmarish issues with it

Edited by rockscl

Rebecca recently talked about this:

The mod rank selection (sometimes referred to as underclocking) is a good (frankly great) concept but under the hood it is a bit of a nightmare with the way Mod info is stored per account. It is a very, very hard issue to solve, it technically has a solution in game now with copies of mods, and right now I don't see it entering the dev's pile of priorities considering how much full their current plate is.  Maybe one day.

Forma applications being a permanent consumable will be staying this way for the foreseeable future, but some interesting suggestions about per loadout are cool (although run us into the info-stored per account problem).

Ah nice. Glad to hear that they still like the idea.

Anyway, I really want to know how they stored their data to call it a "nightmare".

Increasing the rank is the same as decreasing the rank. Decrease simply means a negative increase.

You do need to store the rank achieved so far in a separated field from the adjusted rank if you want to give the option to go back and forth between them. Still, nothing too scary about it.

If they're working with delimiters for their mod and the mod rank (meaning using a single column for both), I can understand that it requires some extra lines of code, but I wouldn't call it a nightmare.

Not saying DE doesn't have anyone to sort it out, I'm just curious how something like this can be referred to as a "nightmare". I'm probably missing here something.

Really weak excuse. Unless they store mod info in some bizarre and unreasonable way.

Well her job requires her to not straight-out say "no we don't want to decrease your grind".

So expect to grind for multiple copies of the same mods in the foreseeable future.

Besides, 15K standing is practically nothing these days.