Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Kind Of Magic Do You Prefer?

EternalOdyessy

Harry Potter style? Where "words of power" are used? Also like the Thuum from Elder Scrolls: Skyrim.

Warhammer Style: Reagents and scrolls?

Mana style?: Drawing on the energy from the caster. ("SOMEWHAT" like the system we have here on Warframe.)

Sigil style?: Drawing sigils in the air, or anything related like this. Wizard 101, for example.

Edited by DampEternalSoul

Mana Style 110%.

Dunno why, but I have a strange partiality to words of power as well. If it's forced for it to be used at all, it's kinda silly at a point where you're yelling the same thing all the time. What happens if you get strep? You just don't cast? That'd be awkward.

Edit: Lel sigil style. Even Full Metal Alchemist thought it was silly, and had main characters literally side step the whole process.

Edited by (PS4)theelix

Mana is ok, but i think chanting words (not cheesy like harry potter) or cringey like fate stay night is the way i prefer it... i guess something...like....from original neverwinter nights, something elven/gibberish but still cool sounding :P

Also love stuff like this...

BQswPPc.gif

Edited by kiteohatto

definitely a fan of when it's a power from within, so "mana style" I guess

Having some sort of catalyst, whether it be words, a staff, motion, scrolls, runes, or something else, is not out of the question, but I think it makes sense when those tools hold no power in and of themselves and only serve to draw out and focus inner power, like if the wielder uses them to concentrate and channel their energy.