Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma Unfair And Unrewarding Mechanic

Barkano

ok guys here we go, we got a huge problem here in warframe and is the whole "Forma process"

right now im actually scared about using formas due to the follwing reason:

*New Variants: yep, every time that a new variant of your favorite weapon/frame is introduced in the 99% of the time is a straight upgrade, that means that the 5/6 formas (D polarity) that you throw in now are in an outdated weapons due to the powercreep. (Variant: Prisma, Wraith, Prime, Vandal).

*Nerfs: nothing to explain here.

with that being said you have non garantee that your not throwing formas to the trash can when using them.

this Forma process should be rewarding i mean you are inverting a lot of TIME and RESOURCES on something that you like/enjoy but all that effort will be probably worthless.

that was the problem, and im going to suggest a posible solution to it, make the formas transferable bewtween their multiples variants, this way we can forma the stuff tthat we want without that fear of wasting our limited time to play the game, i mean thats good for us and for DE becouse the people will actually forma a lot of stuffs.

i dont want to suffer again what happend to the tigris, tetra and even quanta. just in those 3 weapons i lose like 15 formas due to theyr variants being an straight upgrade.

lets discuss this guys, share with the comunity your thoughts about this forma dilema and suggest solution or even if you disagree with me go ahead and tell.

Sorry if im not expresing in a correct way my main language isnt the english and i really try my best writting this

TL;DR Forma is an unrewarding proces becouse you have no guarantees that your effort and resources will be worth it since the existence of the straight upgrade variants and nerfs. 

That's how everyone wants it anyway.

New superior weapon variant is released: players complain they wasted time and forma on the basic version that just became obsolete.

Weapon with similar stats is released: players with the fully forma'd variant say it's just mastery fodder.

And if they release a weaker variant: players complain about it being just mastery fodder with no value.

After writing this it seems to me that the second option might be the best case scenario?

If you're so salty about supposedly "wasted" forma (it isnt wasted btw) then just assume EVERY weapon will have a variant and never use forma ANY weapons excepts variants.

I mean cmon man, you want control over something that you will NEVER have control over

Okay you guys in no way being constructive your just stating the loser way out.

While as for Op

@OP

I understand what your saying as a suggestion we can easily come up with a solution the issue is implementing it.

If a solution happend it must be able to

1 not affect DE way to get money

2 be simple and clear system 

3 does not disrupt players momentum

While some people may have suggested i feel like we would need individual system for each different weapon variant because using the same system would be affect the player 

Here is my suggestion well more like here is my suggestion on syndicate Weapons

Syndicate weapon tend to be an upgraded version of the original.

and i understand this and also the fact that some people buy forma.

so here is my suggestion you do quest you get another ship part this part attaches itself to the ship is almost like an extended foundary you get BP from the syndicate this BP includes your weapon and it shows how many stars you wasted once you begin to build you loose the weapon and you get half of the amount of forma on your new syndicate version weapon

If you're so salty about supposedly "wasted" forma (it isnt wasted btw) then just assume EVERY weapon will have a variant and never use forma ANY weapons excepts variants.

I mean cmon man, you want control over something that you will NEVER have control over

im not salty about it. i exposed a problem in the most quiet way that i could find,

im not asking for control im asking for stop being punished when investing time and effort in a weapon or frame that i like.

Okay you guys in no way being constructive your just stating the loser way out.

While as for Op

@OP

I understand what your saying as a suggestion we can easily come up with a solution the issue is implementing it.

If a solution happend it must be able to

1 not affect DE way to get money

2 be simple and clear system 

3 does not disrupt players momentum

While some people may have suggested i feel like we would need individual system for each different weapon variant because using the same system would be affect the player 

Here is my suggestion well more like here is my suggestion on syndicate Weapons

Syndicate weapon tend to be an upgraded version of the original.

and i understand this and also the fact that some people buy forma.

so here is my suggestion you do quest you get another ship part this part attaches itself to the ship is almost like an extended foundary you get BP from the syndicate this BP includes your weapon and it shows how many stars you wasted once you begin to build you loose the weapon and you get half of the amount of forma on your new syndicate version weapon

This game is ALL about grinding and you are complaining about the grind. Maybe the game isn;t for you. It's not like almost everyone with any amount of hours in the game doesn;t have tons of forma anyway...

Welcome to that crazy thing called progression I played WOW for a long time spent a lot of time raiding for the best purple gear only to have it outclassed by the next expansions green gear. But I like that why did I like that you say because it gave me some thing new to case if they did not do this what would be the point of playing more the same applies to warframe.

Edited by October0Night

They could make the game less grindy by just getting rid of forma entirely and get rid of the mod point cap. That way you only have to rank up the mods with cores and then re-arrange them to how you see fit.

If they want to keep forma and make huge changes to certain weapons they could just reward something like an "ancient forma" that allows you to respec your toon without re-leveling.

It's not going to happen, but one can hope.

Shift the game balance to reward MR instead and get rid of the forma system is how I think would be best. That way you only have to level up the mods and rank up weapons to 30 to unlock the next MR, then unlock the weapons with the MR associated for it. It's a more normal approach to game progression than making this like an MMO rng system. It reminds me of Path of Exile with ninja guns in space, except not even close to the balance that Path of Exile has. There's definitely a lack of a progression system because of veterans being able to taxi someone straight to Draco or invite anybody to ODD. While noobs will be locked out of some content that require MR, they're still able to get into T4 S and play with others to end game with noob gear if the vets really want to carry them.

Edited by ivlr3vil

-snip-

TL;DR Forma is an unrewarding proces becouse you have no guarantees that your effort and resources will be worth it since the existence of the straight upgrade variants and nerfs. 

firstly, noone forces you to put forma on any weapon or frame.

secondly, when you forma'd a weapon 5 times it will be endgame viable, even if an upgrade version gets released, because your weapon will still be powerful with that 5 forma.

Even 5 forma Diriga will still be good, and again, noone forces you to put all the forma in a just-released-item.

Is forma unfair? uhm no i dont see why.

Is it unrewarding? I don't think so. When i am done forma'ing my weapon or frame i accomplished my goal and that feels good. I also can see the difference from before vs after.

And to all that complain about grind. i beg you, take a break from warframe and consider playing any other free2play game, you will learn very quickly that warframe is not as grindy as you thought it is. after your 1000+ hours you seem to forget and appreciate what warframe really is.

All the crying about mandatory mods and overpowered weapons has led to a lot of nerfs and changes lately that then ppl complain about again.

I know there needs to be some feedback, but i really think a lot of ppl forget how fair Warframe really is, and that not every change you request is a good thing.

I see way too many topics about the same unneccessary thing and really good topics with interesting ideas drop down very fast and disappear.

Edited by CruelMaiden

They will never change it because this is a F2P game. The more grind gets removed, the better, but the more grind gets removed that simplifies or eliminates the longer term grinding (even if people are lazy as hell and just Draco all day long), the shorter the game becomes, and in turn the less appealing it is as a F2P game in which you might purchase items.

im not salty about it. i exposed a problem in the most quiet way that i could find,

im not asking for control im asking for stop being punished when investing time and effort in a weapon or frame that i like.

You aren´t punished, just because they release a new variant doesn´t make your weapon worse.

ok guys here we go, we got a huge problem here in warframe and is the whole "Forma process"

right now im actually scared about using formas due to the follwing reason:

*New Variants: yep, every time that a new variant of your favorite weapon/frame is introduced in the 99% of the time is a straight upgrade, that means that the 5/6 formas (D polarity) that you throw in now are in an outdated weapons due to the powercreep. (Variant: Prisma, Wraith, Prime, Vandal).

*Nerfs: nothing to explain here.

with that being said you have non garantee that your not throwing formas to the trash can when using them.

this Forma process should be rewarding i mean you are inverting a lot of TIME and RESOURCES on something that you like/enjoy but all that effort will be probably worthless.

that was the problem, and im going to suggest a posible solution to it, make the formas transferable bewtween their multiples variants, this way we can forma the stuff tthat we want without that fear of wasting our limited time to play the game, i mean thats good for us and for DE becouse the people will actually forma a lot of stuffs.

i dont want to suffer again what happend to the tigris, tetra and even quanta. just in those 3 weapons i lose like 15 formas due to theyr variants being an straight upgrade.

lets discuss this guys, share with the comunity your thoughts about this forma dilema and suggest solution or even if you disagree with me go ahead and tell.

Sorry if im not expresing in a correct way my main language isnt the english and i really try my best writting this

XO0SZoB.jpg

They should sell permanent weapon Polarization Slots. They stay the same as you transfer them through these horrible weak mastery fodder experiments.

Because yes, it does feel like a complete waste of my time to forma anything only to have them weakened and rendered useless, and or made irrelevant.

Edited by (PS4)FriendSharkey

Is... that pic real? Just what the...

Also, formas aren't wasted at all when you factor in the utility you get out of it before any new variant is released. We choose to upgrade equipment and use it for months, and subsequently when something better comes up we switch. Like a phone or a computer, or you know, actual weapons.

Problem I have worth Forma is how they lock you so hard into certain builds, when what they should be providing is build freedom. I've never been a fan of the polarity system and think it needs a change. This flaw is especially apparent with the release of the Exilus slot.

This game is ALL about grinding and you are complaining about the grind. Maybe the game isn;t for you. It's not like almost everyone with any amount of hours in the game doesn;t have tons of forma anyway...

You're playing a video game, you're throwing away your time anyway. Effort? Umm no....

I apologies what game are you playing?

Sure the play material is the repeted form but i actaully play the game for the feature it has example character that can use guns and blades and powers.

I enjoy doing survival and defense not because of the grind i get out of it but because of the challenge i get out of it.

Your making the misconception that warframe is all about the grind.Well thats how you get things.

I Only make weapons i like

I only forma weapons i like

I only Orokin Upgrade the things i like

And i been playing for 2 years already

So yeah i am not sure we play the same game with the same intention maybe you like to grind but grind is not how i look at it i look at it as just playing good material over and over again.

I don't do it for the rewards or anything like that i just do it for the fun of running the mission I even make up challenges for myself to have more fun.

So plz don't try to infer to me just cause i am not a fan of the grind doesn't mean this game is for me because that just your perspective in all honesty you see it as grind i see it as playing something i love and while you may do it for the reward i do it for the playtime and entertainment.

Youre sad about wasted formas? You should be sad about wasted CATALYSTS.

However I understand OP. DE is treating us like stupid dogs falling for the same trick again and again.

I wonder how many variants of a single weapon it takes before you guys get finally fed up with this uber grindy underwhelming copycat system. My number was 3.

All the people in this thread referring to how this game is a grind please differ to all the previous devstreams that consistently say they want to remove the grind.

Also please differ to the fact they nerfed the rate at which people can get forma just recently and with the amount of things people will have to re-forma due to allot of changes is silly.

Although i don't agree with the OP's idea i do think that they need to add the option to change the polarity freely of "already forma'ed" weapons as-well as a grace period of 2 weeks on new weapons to get your catalyst and forma back and that is to say "ONLY" new weapons.

All the people in this thread referring to how this game is a grind please differ to all the previous devstreams that consistently say they want to remove the grind.

Also please differ to the fact they nerfed the rate at which people can get forma just recently and with the amount of things people will have to re-forma due to allot of changes is silly.

Although i don't agree with the OP's idea i do think that they need to add the option to change the polarity freely of "already forma'ed" weapons as-well as a grace period of 2 weeks on new weapons to get your catalyst and forma back and that is to say "ONLY" new weapons.

While I don't think a grave period is needed if they did one there is no way it could be 2 weeks long. It would get abused and miss used if they did it the longest that I would feel ok with would be 24 hours.

I disagree. It does suck to have to redo all that work, but with Draco being a thing can we really complain that much? I mean if you have all the forms to redo it in your inventory already what's it going to take.. 8-10 runs max if you're not the Mesa. That's not that bad.