The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Allow Players To Activate Syndicate Aoe Procs At Their Whim

DiosGX

There's a bit of a problem with the Rakta Cernos; it cannot be reliably used for higher-level stealth gameplay. Why?

Because 1000 damage is not enough to kill some enemies, and eventually you are going to end up in a situation in which the AoE proc is going to just give you away and ruin your stealth attempts.

However, I was thinking, what if we could choose when to activate it? What if, instead of it automatically going off when its bar is filled, we can just set it off at the exact time, and place that we want?

My suggested implementation method is simple: press and hold Primary Fire and Alt Fire at the same time for 2 seconds. In practice of actual keystrokes, it would be none too different from simply holding weapons swap to enter melee mode.

Just saying. It'd be real nice.

o3o

EDIT: Adding in suggestion points and reasons from other posts:

• Corpus windows breaking unintentionally, causing undesired lockdowns
  • R.Ballistica has the same unreliable stealth gameplay issue
  • Stealth multipliers are reset even if the AoE causes one-shot kills
  • L3+R3/Double Stick Click as an activation input for console players

Edited by DiosGX

More like we need button for switching from "auto cast" to "no cast at all".

If you press that button and your bar is full - damage is released. Simple.

That would be fine and dandy, but you have to look at X-Bone and PS4 players as well. You can't just keep adding in extra keybindable functions. They're limited on that, and so, I was suggesting utilizing two existing ones that could have a function provided when both are pressed simultaneously.

EDIT: tenno'd...

Maybe even let us store the damage for a higher damage output, say you refill it multiple times for a good burst.

...ooooooooh. Now THIS I really like. Would definitely have to have a cap on max stacks though. But being able to store it up and detonate all at once Ala: Equinox would be SUPER awesome.

Edited by DiosGX

The problem is how crowded console controls are, this would require some key combo to execute (R3+L3?).

There was a suggestion of automated activation whenever not in stealth, this would prevent the effect from going off when stealthing.

I hate it when PC games have to suffer because devs keep console controllers in mind when making everything... 

There needs to be some way to toggle it for the sake of stealth and getting sucked into space from broken windows. 

The problem is how crowded console controls are, this would require some key combo to execute (R3+L3?).

There was a suggestion of automated activation whenever not in stealth, this would prevent the effect from going off when stealthing.

Line's too blurred between stealthing and not stealthing for that to work - I often run spy missions on frames that are not Loki or Ash.  

R3+L3 would probably work for the console or controller players, and also would work if this effect was toggleable (auto/activate).

Seems like the implementation of the "alt-fire" button would work here. However, to be fair, the problem's not specific to the Rakta weapons, but anything with an AOE. I've been switching from my Rakta Cernos to Dread for spy missions lately because I've set off alarms more than a few times accidentally when a squad mate has retrieved data undetected as I'm about to do the same thing. The affinity reward sets off the AOE and... well, no more undetected reward for me. :/