Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Fanmade Skins ; Zephyr

Deidaku

I don't remember the name of the creator of it, but it was the one that got 1k+ upvotes, and there are some relation between the abilities of the concept and current chroma

Also, I know their are a lot of dragon frame concepts, but one would assume that if DE will take the idea, they will take the most popular one...

Nope, DE took the theme and only the theme, they made their own Dragon, rather then using a fan concept.

Edited by Demonfr34k

Hey guys so with the upcoming alternate skins for rhino , and trinity . We can assume that DE might add similar skins for other warframes. But I think there's 1 warframe in particular that needs this Zephyr ; the original concept is just too good to be left aside like that ; who's with me?

THe second concept zephyr isn't half bad :)

arcane_zephyr_the_wind_elemental_v2_by_l

Hey ! God called he wants his drawing skills back !

No kidding Volkovyi is so talented !

Edited by trunks013

At first i was disappointed by it like most people, but Chroma eventually grew on me, when I realized it was never a fan concept.

I just hope DE has learned from Zephyr, so they don't F*** up Typhus

Zephyr is good, I hope Chroma doesn`t happen again, one is enough.....

Zephyr is good, I hope Chroma doesn`t happen again, one is enough.....

Not saying the abilities were bad, Im just saying everyone loved the Design and DE scrapped it to make their own design. DE could redeem them selves if they listen to this thread and make the original Concept a deluxe skin.

Not saying the abilities were bad, Im just saying everyone loved the Design and DE scrapped it to make their own design. DE could redeem them selves if they listen to this thread and make the original Concept a deluxe skin.

would be cool to do this for zephyr and chroma :)

I definitely wouldn't say no to that syndana or those arm and shoulder feathers, those and the archwing look really cool. And though I prefer zephyr's current look, I'm all for her getting new skins.

The Arm/Shoulder feathers could easily become Auxiliary similar to Valky's Bonds and Nekros' tentacle things....  

Because in my opinion more frames need exclusive syndanas since Nekros and Valkyr have them

Edited by Demonfr34k

Ì personally preffered the original first zephyr concept and hoping those artists whom working on high levels will given chance to make their dreams alive. There is a lot of great works which still or possibly never will be into the game because of lack capacities of DE.

If sometimes later they deciding to add alternative genders for the frames then I would like to see also Liger's work.  I am now wishing the flora frame will be there when needs.

I have only one fear if the concepts aren't fully worked models which only needs just animate and rigging but afterall fully playable then we cannot see them in game in the dreamed form. Knowing DE's taste of skins and concepts and how they handle them I am affraid that will be wasted.

That frame looks almost perfect just need to add into the game nothing further actions.

[link]https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/382627-flora-the-plant-warframe-art-includedbalancing-has-been-done/[/link]

Personally I want to see this work in game in this form what are in now.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out about this fanart.. Zephyr is my most used and favorite frame. Zephyr is one of the only frames without an alternate skin/model. I would love to see a skin for Zephyr to get into the game based off of this amazing art.

yea these fanmade skins are really good awesome,but.....there is a little problem

they make zephyr seem like a bird(or hawk),but currently, she can't fly

if De will release this skins,it would be weird see a bird who can't fly :p

Flight is completely irrelevant to gameplay and a free flight mode would actually damage Zephyr's mobility quite significantly. It's been discussed extensively in the past, and it would be a bad change overall.

Cosmetics have absolutely zero bearing on gameplay.

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3

Flight is completely irrelevant to gameplay and a free flight mode would actually damage Zephyr's mobility quite significantly. It's been discussed extensively in the past, and it would be a bad change overall.

Cosmetics have absolutely zero bearing on gameplay.

Your making no senseee , how would a free flight mode damage zephyrs mobility? When she would still have tailwind ??? Explain , also enemies accuracy is horrible against airborne Tenno so please please explain how this would damage here productivity? Especially since she has turbulence.. Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

Your making no senseee , how would a free flight mode damage zephyrs mobility? When she would still have tailwind ??? Explain , also enemies accuracy is horrible against airborne Tenno so please please explain how this would damage here productivity? Especially since she has turbulence..

To have turning while in flight be at all viable, the speed would have to be decreased from what Tail Wind currently is, slowing Zephyr down. Even if you built Tail Wind's current effect into the ability somehow to avoid this problem, it would still slow Zephyr down, as it would force her to be airborne, which would remove all ability for it to be used in conjunction with parkour 2.0. If you merged Tail Wind and Dive Bomb (which I support) and made a flight mode Zephyr's new 2nd ability to avoid that problem, the flight mode would end up being entirely useless and I would never use it ever, because it would be slower than Tail Wind and remove my ability to use Tail Wind in conjunction with parkour 2.0.

There are also more unrelated issues. Warframe's tilesets do not support free flight in any way, and Zephyr would just end up being more caged by the tiny ceilings. Also, if Zephyr could fly for extended periods of time, she would be completely invincible due to Turbulence, thus making the flight mode absurdly overpowered.

As you become more experienced with the nuances of Zephyr's movement system, it becomes more and more clear just how unnecessary a free flight mode would truly be for Zephyr.

Okay I think you don't know how to make an argument , so I'm going to sum up what you wrote..

1. The flight mode would have to be slower then tailwind.. ( why is this a problem , and how tf does this hurt her mobility if the ability was toggleable / recastable, she can still use tailwind.)

2. Because I won't be able to use parkour + tail wind in the flight mode so I will not use this new ability (your problem)

3. A flight mode would be useless anyway in some tilesets (then don't use it in those tilesets, there are plenty others where it would very useful, it would be a situational ability just like cloud walk from wukong, I'm sure it won't be useful on mission types like defense)

4. A flight ability + turbulence would be too OP ( not if the flight only last 10 seconds at 100% duration & back to your original point how does this hurt the frame overall ?? It's like saying iron skin makes rhino to Op since he can shoot while iron skin is active, so it makes him a bad frame)

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

Okay I think you don't know how to make an argument

I think you don't know how to read an argument. Allow me to clarify my statements.

1. The flight mode would have to be slower then tailwind.. ( why is this a problem , and how tf does this hurt her mobility if the ability was toggleable / recastable, she can still use tailwind.)

If Zephyr was to have a free flight mode, the speed would have to be decreased to make turning possible, as turning while airborne is the only practical benefit that a free flight mode could possibly offer.

However, this isn't the only reason it would be slower. You also wouldn't be able to use the ability in combination with parkour 2.0. Parkour 2.0 enhanced Zephyr's horizontal mobility and maneuverability by a large amount, and a free flight mode would deny her those benefits.

2. Because I won't be able to use parkour + tail wind in the flight mode so I will not use this new ability (your problem)

If an ability is completely useless, why would I use it? How is it a problem with me if an ability is completely useless?

Imagine if Valkyr (I'm saying Valkyr because you have a Valkyr profile icon) was given an ability that did absolutely nothing except reduce your movement speed for the duration of the ability. Obviously it's a personal problem if you don't find this ability to be useful, right?

3. A flight mode would be useless anyway in some tilesets (then don't use it in those tilesets, there are plenty others where it would very useful, it would be a situational ability just like cloud walk from wukong, I'm sure it won't be useful on mission types like defense)

I can think of maybe three tilesets in the entire game that would allow for the kind of vertical mobility that a free flight mode would grant, and even there, horizontal mobility is so much more useful than vertical mobility that it's impossible to justify nerfing Zephyr's ability to move horizontally for the sake of being able to go up and down better. An ability that's only effective in a tiny fraction of the game's environments is a pretty terribly designed ability.

4. A flight ability + turbulence would be too OP ( not if the flight only last 10 seconds at 100% duration & back to your original point how does this hurt the frame overall ?? It's like saying iron skin makes rhino to Op since he can shoot while iron skin is active, so it makes him a bad frame)

This problem could admittedly be worked around. It's more of a problem that a hover mode ability would face, not a fast-moving flight mode. This would only really be an issue if you could remain stationary while airborne, which I see a surprising number of feedback threads suggesting.

Alternatively, here are the changes to Zephyr's flight that I propose:

-Tail Wind's ground launch completely removed (because bullet jumping does the exact same thing for no energy cost)

-Tail Wind is now recastable while active, as long as your previous Tail Wind is more than 50% of the way through its duration (to prevent spamming 1 and gaining infinite speed)

-When used, Tail Wind will cancel all momentum EXCEPT momentum in the direction you are looking (to allow turning tight corners in midair)

-If Zephyr uses Tail Wind while Tail Wind is still active, all momentum is cancelled, even in the direction you are looking (to further prevent spamming 1 for infinite speed)

-If Zephyr uses Tail Wind while looking downwards at more than a 45-degree angle, Tail Wind's duration will continue until Zephyr hits a solid object, at which point Dive Bomb's effect will trigger (merging Tail Wind and Dive Bomb so Zephyr can have a more useful 2nd ability)

-Tail Wind can be recasted at any point in your previous Tail Wind's duration when looking downwards at more than a 45-degree angle (so Dive Bomb can be used at any time)

Edited by 4G3NT_0R4NG3