Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Workaround For Being Unable To Post Replies

arKRazor

Question

For over 24 hours I have been unable to post to these forums due to a bug preventing the text boxes from properly displaying. A fellow Tenno has discovered the root cause but I figured I'd try to contribute to a solution. After poking around with things I didn't understand I managed to find a band-aid. 

Chrome Browser

I've created an imgur album viewable at http://imgur.com/a/RFoqw#0

EDIT: I have posted a more comprehensive album at http://imgur.com/a/QcOhX#0 that addresses likely issues at step 3 of my previous solution.

Edited by arKRazor

yeah looks like java might be the culprit. I did just update the other day too i think

Yes. just disabling java everything is fine. I guess for now people with those problems might use an add-on for their browsers. And I don't think java update screw up it ( I haven't install java RE still, and I installed for see if it's was the issue, so nope, still the same on all browsers. so I just tried blocking java because I before got problems with that, so I gave a try out. it worked.)

so I think something is wrong but it's at javascript.

I have the issue as well. This is not an issue on our end, there is something broken in the forum code. I have tried Firefox, Firefox with No Script, IE, and Chrome. All have the same issue. Confirmed Java is disabled........ Nothing works.

I forgot to try to access from one of my Linux systems last night but will when I get home today. I am currently posting from my DROID Turbo on Android 5.1 using the Firefox browser for Android.

Please check into this and fix it, otherwise I'll have to do work. Lol

Edited by Thumper3

Moved to Players Helping Players subforum.We've been receiving reports of players being unable to post in the forums. arKRazor's solution should fix the problem if you encounter this issue.

This solution did not fix the issue for me. Even the updated one. I lack the entry clicked on step 6 of the updated version (and step 5 of the original) so I can't unhide the text box. Posting from my phone right now

Ok, second attempt with Chrome using Scriptsafe and now I can post.

But I hate Chrome, so really hope it can get fixed.

Hopefully with the info provided the issue can be narrowed down. Scriptsafe and Chrome works, but NoScript and disabling Java on Firefox doesn't.

i believe this is related to this slow loading that is occuring these last days, cuz this happens to me too at Youtube when i try to post a comment and my con is low, sometimes i have to wait 1 min before it let me write, sometimes it never let me !!

anyways i can promise you Frost is not related to this "slowing wave"... ask Nova : )

Finally.

Rebecca, thanks for the heads up to this topic.

Thanks to all who posted solutions.

I've chosen to just disable javascript for now (in Chrome).

Settings - Show Advanced Settings -Privacy - Content Settings - Javascript - Manage Exceptions - Add Warframe's URL and tell Chrome to block Javascript.

I wind up with a itty bitty edit/post window, but it's better than no edit/post window at all (on PC).

Can someone explain the benefits of installing a third-party to disable Javascript (even if the program is safe)?

Also, disabling it seems to have removed the "Follow Topic" function.

Edited by Rhekemi

Got Firefox (40.0.3), used the No Script as mentioned before, turning Java off seems to have helped. Don't think I've actually updated it in a while either. Not sure if that's the problem or not. Don't actually remember what version of Java I have either.

If you've experienced this issue, please trying a different browser or clearing your cache, and see if that fixes it. 

If you've experienced this issue, but it is now fixed without further issues, please let me know which/what steps you took to fix it. 

I tried use all browsers. I got same problem in everyone, I cleared cache from every browsers also java temp files ( also used CCleaner and Windows cleaner) . Still not fix after doing everything mentioned before. I just started use noscript/disable Java and then worked fine.

(I'm but I'm unable to use some funtional options that need java. but seems this way is better than leave java script enabled for forum )

I am going to chime in here to say that I have been having no issues on Chrome Version 47.0.2508.0 dev-m (64-bit).

I tried use all browsers. I got same problem in everyone, I cleared cache from every browsers also java temp files ( also used CCleaner and Windows cleaner) . Still not fix after doing everything mentioned before. I just started use noscript/disable Java and then worked fine.
(I'm but I'm unable to use some funtional options that need java. but seems this way is better than leave java script enabled for forum )

Disabling Java, or disabling Javascript? They are completely different things.

I am going to chime in here to say that I have been having no issues on Chrome Version 47.0.2508.0 dev-m (64-bit).

Disabling Java, or disabling Javascript? They are completely different things.

I disabled both. Java and Javascript.

Also noticed just blocking hwcdn.net I'm able to reply. I just noticed blocking 1 by 1, and seems the only with problems was that one. leaving everything enabled ( javascript )

D60IUh3.png ( no fiable = unreliable) and it's seems the trouble of be unable to post/reply

Edited by -Axphyxia-