Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff Weapons That Need It

gkuoni

I didn't know how else to word the title, but as it states, there should be buffing as well. For far too long have weapons that should deserve the right to be on the "powerful weapons" list, yet they haven't received much of a buff. I don't mean this post as a hate to the nerfs, because some of them I can understand and actually agree with (that is a different story however). Balancing is a two way thing though. It is both nerfing and buffing weapons. I can understand that you (DE) are trying to create a balance layer to then mold the end game out of it, but atleast include more variety with it.

With this I mean those weapons that cost so much to make, that they anyways are hard to get for low leveled. With this I mainly mean AkJagara and Panthera. 

Both of these weapons have really high costs and require lots of credits and materials. So much in fact, that those weapons aren't worth getting (since last time I've tried them). I believe that including buffs will not only settle down most of the community, but it will finally give more variety and fun to items that have lacked in it.

Here are the building costs for Panthera and Akjagara to show that they need a buff for their cost:

Panthera:

85'000 credits

1 Orokin Cell

5 Morphics

500 Plastids

600 Rubedo

600 Polymer Bundles

4'000 Salvage

Farming for parts for miter (aka RNG)

Akjagara:

210'000 credits

7 Orokin Cells

2 Morphics

4 Neurodes

1900 Polymer Bundles

850 Ferrite

300 Alloy Plates

Personally I find that for these costs, these weapons need a buff. Yes this is an old complaint but it still is there.

There are however a lot of old weapons that deserve to be buffed/checked again, one would be the acrid as an example. If you (DE) were to include buffs with nerfs, there should be a lot less complaining

I hate the let's make all weapons equal idea then what's the point we need progression not "just use the mk 1s there as strong as everything else" idea Power creep is necessary or its gonna be a very stagnant game

So what's the point to use Latron, Sybaris or Amprex if I can use Tonkor? Or Boltor Prime with Rhino Prime.

I hate the let's make all weapons equal idea then what's the point we need progression not "just use the mk 1s there as strong as everything else" idea

Power creep is necessary or its gonna be a very stagnant game

To a point, yes, power creep is needed.  But it only works when you have a structured progression system and not the hilarity that is Mastery Rank.

Akjagara isn't really that bad, if it wasn't that recoil makes it incredibly easy to miss shots against the units it's supposed to be the best against. Even at up close you can easily miss since infested have plenty of small or low units, and the recoil just makes it miss the next shot unless you wait a million years, which you might as well use a Lex Prime or Marelok. : /
Mods shouldn't be used to fix flaws that kill the weapons, but to make weapons better, and the recoil on the Akjagara kills it.

The Panthera, yeah, feels like a joke. It really should get looked at, well, a lot of things need to get looked at (fix the drunk aim in Glaxion plis. Latron Prime this days also feels rather weak, I really like the weapon but it's just not working as well as it used to before, which is a shame since there's barely any semi auto rifles).

I actually kinda of wish they made some weapon progression rather than just having every weapon be their own. I don't meant actual progression but more like, allow to upgrade MK-1 to the regular versions and regular to prime versions, so you just don't end up throwing away potatoes and forma when the prime comes out of if you did it as a newb. Variants like Syndicate and wraith/prisma/Vandal/etc, is debatable though, since some aren't a direct upgrade but sidegrade, though most are an upgrade (so those, or just all, they should just let you "fuse" the regular and transfer the potato/forma while making you lose the original weapon as a downside).
I'd probably forma and potato even more things if I didn't fear losing that progress in the future (I put a potato on Simulor and right when I was about to forma it a better version came out, feels bad man). They could just limit it to only "fuseable" once (this is, can't upgrade Boltor into syndicate variant and then to prime, you can only do it once, not twice).
If anything, it would make lesser weapons and even regular frames have some utility rather than just being mastery fodder, since potato/forma used on them early wouldn't signify a loss once you get the better version. Once they change the mastery rank requirements, it would mean that a low MR player could potato/forma their Boltor and then get a better version without doing it again and lose previous progress to the power creep which in turn would make the game slightly more enjoyable for them, remember that there's still tons of weapons, most unrelated (when it comes to things like Boltor > Boltor Prime, it's the same exact weapon, just better. Things like Tiberon wouldn't be included as they are completely different weapons from their basis).

As a note, I do like that in Warframe most weapons are, virtually, in the same tier, as in a tierless game (even though variants screw that a bit), I hate when games give me this weapon with a gimmick that I really like, but then it's only viable for a handful of levels and then no other weapon offers the same experience even though all they would need to do is make a copy/paste with higher numbers.

Edited by Sorrow0110

How about instead of "buffing items that need it" we balance everything and make a game where all weapons are viable and there would be no power creep?

I like my idea more

But then we have to think "what is considered viable" because the prisma skana could be considered midteir viable but not" end game" viable.(which is what people even care about.)

I'm not saying there should not be a top tier weapon of every weapon class just saying this idea that all weapons should be the same is boring also latron is a fine weapon for a single fire class

Were you responding to wolf's post about making all weapons viable? 

Viable is different from equal.  (Also, all weapons are viable already, it just depends on where you're going to take them.)

What I'm trying to say is let's make a game where we could all go to a T4 Def, or Senchura, or appollodorus, and would be able to choose from every weapon in the game as a viable option.

not "This gun is better than this gun for this reason"

I want "This gun is better at this while this one is better at this. but at the end of the day the enemy is still dead just as fast"

What I'm trying to say is let's make a game where we could all go to a T4 Def, or Senchura, or appollodorus, and would be able to choose from every weapon in the game as a viable option.

not "This gun is better than this gun for this reason"

I want "This gun is better at this while this one is better at this. but at the end of the day the enemy is still dead just as fast"

The only way I could see that working is if there was a scaling mechanic that buffed or nerfed our weapons according to the missions stats.

I disagree with the need to buff the Akjagara.  It performs well enough with a 4 CP group.  In the Panthera's case, it's more of a novelty item than something meant to be useful beyond the Solar Map.  I do not believe all weapons should be made equal.  It could be argued, though, that crafting the Panthera may need a revision as using Miter parts makes it less desirable, especially since it doesn't perform as well.