The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spaceship Combat

FaithfulFerret

Hello everyone, it's pretty late here but i just had a great idea. What if there was combat in space? I don't mean with your archwing, I mean with the spaceship we all already own. I think it would be a great addition to the game, and it could attract alot of new players. I'm thinking that maybe instead of it being third person, it could be first person.When you walk to the front of your ship to navigation, there is a huge open window. I think that the spaceship combat should be experienced that way. (The First Person view is just my opinion).

Now i've taken to favor of coming up with a list of pros and cons for this. So hear we go...

Pros:

Who wouldn't want Star Citizen in Warframe.

It would be an amazing experience to watch combat go by.

Our ships would now have a purpose than just holding our cargo and taking us on missions.

It would keep the game alive and still popular when going into the years of 2016 and beyond.

You could come up with different models for your ship and customize it the way you choose (Weapons, Armor etc.)

And now for the cons...

Cons:

If the devs decide this is a good idea it could take months or possibly even a year before this could be released.

It may be hard to implement a first person element to the combat.

The devs may think it's a good idea, but choose not to do it.

Overall i believe that this would be a great addon to the game. Please feel free to comment on what you think about this. Now i'm off to bed zzZz....

Hello everyone, it's pretty late here but i just had a great idea. What if there was combat in space? I don't mean with your archwing, I mean with the spaceship we all already own. I think it would be a great addition to the game, and it could attract alot of new players. I'm thinking that maybe instead of it being third person, it could be first person.When you walk to the front of your ship to navigation, there is a huge open window. I think that the spaceship combat should be experienced that way. (The First Person view is just my opinion).

Now i've taken to favor of coming up with a list of pros and cons for this. So hear we go...

Pros:

Who wouldn't want Star Citizen in Warframe.

It would be an amazing experience to watch combat go by.

Our ships would now have a purpose than just holding our cargo and taking us on missions.

It would keep the game alive and still popular when going into the years of 2016 and beyond.

You could come up with different models for your ship and customize it the way you choose (Weapons, Armor etc.)

And now for the cons...

Cons:

If the devs decide this is a good idea it could take months or possibly even a year before this could be released.

It may be hard to implement a first person element to the combat.

The devs may think it's a good idea, but choose not to do it.

Overall i believe that this would be a great addon to the game. Please feel free to comment on what you think about this. Now i'm off to bed zzZz....

i like the idea very much and thought about it too but never made a post about it. it would probably mean a game within a game (with it's own enemies, weapons, mods etc) much like archwing but i feel it would definitely add to the immersion. tbh i would love to see capital ship class combat too.

the only problem i see is with the resources required to make this while developing the rest of the game too. archwing was released a while ago and they barely had time to scratch the surface of it's potential.

Since our current Liset is only a Stealth Ship for transport, not for combat, it would only work with the new Ship types we will get in a future update.

Besides that, i think DE should polish Archwing first and add a bit content to it. Until Archwing is a well implemented gamemode that interacts a lot more with the rest of the game (Submersible is a good start) there is no reason to work on yet another space mode aka space ship fights.

i like the idea very much and thought about it too but never made a post about it. it would probably mean a game within a game (with it's own enemies, weapons, mods etc) much like archwing but i feel it would definitely add to the immersion. tbh i would love to see capital ship class combat too.

the only problem i see is with the resources required to make this while developing the rest of the game too. archwing was released a while ago and they barely had time to scratch the surface of it's potential.

I knew that archwing may be a problem. I could already see people fighting over which one is better. But as i said, "If the devs decide this is a good idea it could take months or possibly even a year before this could be released."