Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Base Damage Increase And Multishot Mods Were Removed What Would You Put On Your Weapons?

Kaokasalis

I would recompensate the nerf (aka removal of serration/multishot mods) by adding elemental and physical mods. Because let's face the facts - even if DE increased base stats or made weapons gain stats with level ups the damage output would be much lower than pre-nerf.

Edited by tehgreg

Punch through will become mandatory.

I already put it on every primary and secondary I use.

we are discussing this to maybe help DE balance this change and as stated it will include enemy scaling as well so don't think it's just going to be a nerf. think about it for a second and realize nobody is trying to nerf the game they love least of all DE. this is progress.

Some concrete information on what exactly they are planning, and a time frame would probably do quite a bit to calm those of us that are nervous about the huge changes coming. This is not a easy change, or a simple task for them. But, it will also fundamentally change how the vast majority of us play the game.

On topic: as others said, elementals stacked will become the new norm. You'll have the small handful of forum goers that are excited about using Fast Hands or whatever, and everyone else will go for the highest DPS like they always have. I'd be very surprised if this huge re-balance causes the massive paradigm shift some here think it will, and that's why I'm worried that it's just a waste of everyone's time. 

I'll reserve judgement for now, but I've still stopped working on any new weapons, beyond leveling to 30 and let them sit or be sold.

i shared allready in other threads, if DE ruins my real money and the time and the effort i have given into warframe i will delete it off my computer

if this "development" become the same as EA did with nfsw 2 years before they shutted it down then i should delete it even faster and not turn back

i learned in other games, never feed a developed cash-cow, RUN AWAY when it starts that this direction appers, right now im half and half because of this continous changes, nerfs and buffs and whatever more ...

im tired that warframe is the only game which have this "never finished state of development", for 4 primepacks à around 130 bucks a year ...

i really dont like questions and themes like that, even that this themes show up like p(h)opping pop-corn on a "flame" those days, weeks, ... XD

Edited by mordechai_

First off I don't believe they would just remove them without some type of alternative solution, IMHO I think the easiest solution would be like they did with the ability mods they had removed and just made the powers innate to each Warframe. If they made mods like Serration and Splitchamber innate to each primary and let them increase in power as the weapon ranked up like with the Warframes, that would free up two more slots. 

Elemental and physical.

^Pretty much this.  

People will still choose elemental or crit mods (to maximize damage) over utility mods if they're not using utility mods today.  After Serration and Heavy Caliber are gone, the same "folks" will complain about elemental and crit mods taking up space for which they were hoping to put Primed Ammo Drum in for build diversity.  (yes all you "I want Primed Ammo Drum" sarcasm jokers will actually get what you've asked for. lol.)

Sigh...

(Before anyone thinks I'm a max DPS'er I do in fact own two maxed Primed Fast Hands, yes one for my sentinel too because the .1-.2 seconds reload on Deth Machine Rifle is so worth it.  XD)

Edited by sushidubya

You can do that right now. I use reload mods regularly.

I don't. One of my favorite perks from Call of Duty was Sleight of Hand. But since damage was about equal for guns in that game, I could sacrifice a perk for that.

In Warframe, damage is a must since I mod my guns with the question in mind: "Can this gun take me to a T4 40 minute solo survival or more?"  

I don't. One of my favorite perks from Call of Duty was Sleight of Hand. But since damage was about equal for guns in that game, I could sacrifice a perk for that.

In Warframe, damage is a must since I mod my guns with the question in mind: "Can this gun take me to a T4 40 minute solo survival or more?"

What I do is have a selection of absolute top tier weapons that I can call on for the situation you describe and I won't use them for an alert on Mars for example as it would make it too easy.

Everything else I will mod with enjoyment of use in mind, and with a maxed Serration and multishot they are still plenty good enough to take on the starchart. Not every single weapon you craft has to be modded for T4 survivals.

What I do is have a selection of absolute top tier weapons that I can call on for the situation you describe and I won't use them for an alert on Mars for example as it would make it too easy.

Everything else I will mod with enjoyment of use in mind, and with a maxed Serration and multishot they are still plenty good enough to take on the starchart. Not every single weapon you craft has to be modded for T4 survivals.

Nonsense. Need more DAKKA!

Guns that aren't top tier (but I still like), won't ever get a potato usually so there isn't enough room for utility mods.  And since weapons became crafting materials, I have so many useless weapons collecting dust. Thanks DE.

Except Kohm. Ammo Mutation is a must on that gun.

Nonsense. Need more DAKKA!

Guns that aren't top tier (but I still like), won't ever get a potato usually so there isn't enough room for utility mods. And since weapons became crafting materials, I have so many useless weapons collecting dust. Thanks DE.

Except Kohm. Ammo Mutation is a must on that gun.

I think it's a shame that you aren't using weapons that you like because they can't carry you through a T4 survival.

I don't want to make assumptions but it seems from what you've said that you support damage mod removal. If that's the case then you're essentially waiting for the game to change to suit you, rather than just making a slight change to the way you think about modding. I like dakka as much as the next guy but you don't need maximum dakka on every mission and with every gun in my opinion.

Edited by (PS4)NachoZissou

I think it's a shame that you aren't using weapons that you like because they can't carry you through a T4 survival.

I don't want to make assumptions but it seems from what you've said that you support damage mod removal. If that's the case then you're essentially waiting for the game to change to suit you, rather than just making a slight change to the way you think about modding. I like dakka as much as the next guy but you don't need maximum dakka on every mission and with every gun in my opinion.

I've played for over 2.5 years. I kinda just play however I want at this point.  I have a few things listed on my profile which are my biggest beefs/wishes for the game if you're interested.

I don't use maximum dakka on every mission - I meant that with partial sarcasm obviously. Leveling up some of the newer guns currently.  Gonna go back to my middle of the road modded sybaris once I'm done with the Harpak.  I use the Braton Prime for fun etc.  But once I decide if I like it enough, I do mod it for it being strong enough to last me through a T4 Survival.  Faster reload is unnecessary when you can kill 60 enemies with 1 clip.  Pretty sure I have Fast Hands on my Karak. Karak Wraith with its big clip doesn't need fast hands.

Edited by Lanieu

I would put elements for sure, followed by crit chance/damage and/or status depending on the nature of the weapon. Then maybe phys damage if the weapon's base IPS justified using them. I would only consider reload speed or recoil reduction if the weapon had really long reload time (like Dual Cestra) or really bad recoil (again Dual Cestra).

I would put more duct tape on my Karak.

And DE should make an anti-hush mod for more noise. I want 8 fully ranked primed noise mods for my Gorgon Wraith.

Edit: More serious: Of course as others have pointed out already, adressing multishot and base damage type mods alone will be pointless. Elemental and physical damage mods, firerate mods etc. need to be removed too.

Also I think DE don't has to actually remove them, although I wouldn't mind.

But a huge nerf would work too. The balancing just has to be right.

Imagine if a max rank Serration only gave you like +10% Damage. It would be far from mandatory then but damage junkies could still use it.

We will also need way more utility mods to choose from. Im pretty sure there aren't even 8 different mods for some weapon categories that aren't directly related to damage.

And the ones we have need to be balanced. There is no @(*()$ way I would currently use an Ammo Drum over a Fast Hands for example.

Edited by Clows-Hydee

I assume corrupted damage mod are removed as well

Rifle - 4 dual stats, shred, wildfire, then 2 out of 3 (augment, 90% element, or reload)

Shotgun - 4 dual stats, blaze, seeking fury, reload, and another 90% element (or ammo mutation if using Kohm)

Melee - 4 elemental mod, Spoiled Strike, Reach, Fury, then Berserker, focus energy or another elemental mod

Secondary - 4 elemental mod, ice storm, reload, 90% elemental mod and then (fire rate for slow firing weapon like Lex, or ammo mutation for full auto guns)

For crit weapon (assume a primary) I would mod 4 dual stats, shred, crit, crit damage, and Hammer Shot

Most of the mods we have now are upgrades not utility so we don't really have that much customization now even if damage goes away. Some zoom and some silencer mod. There isn't weapon customization in this game.

Maybe break it up into a few sections of the weapon. Like 2 slots for scope 2 for barrels types, something in the magazine and grip or stock. So we can't put everything onto one category. Maybe even get to change the looks around each gun a bit.

With what we have now if we took away damage upgrades lots will go to rate if fire or reload and ammo capacity so we can just shoot more.