The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Convince Someone To Play This Game

Deidaku

Hey guys

so i've been trying to convince my younger brother to try out this game for a while now. 

We never had the time but we'll be able to play toghether next year.

Considering the fact that DE would have added  even more insane stuff by then ,  let's just consider the current state of the game.

My bro  has played a lot of games with me ,  and grind won't be a big issue ( Flyff is a monster) so tell me community , what should I tell  him to convince himto play this game? Because he's seen me play it and was amazed by the style of the game ( he got hyped for bladestorm every single time ) , but still doesn't want to play it, which is weird x)

just make it look shiny, and show him some badass PVP montage from youtube and play

as he listens 

if he is a sick character, say it has gore xD

wish me and my bro could be on together, we`d rape everything xD we both have been playing it for a year and 5 months, and we pretty much are equally good, too bad we share one PC >.> tho soon it might happen :)

Edited by Bizzaro21

just make it look shiny, and show him some badass PVP montage from youtube

Do not show him the single worst part of the game...

Warframe is, at its core, a PVE game. Show him the variety of upgrades you can do on your large collection of weapons and warframes, and, depending on how U18 turns out, show him the size of the game at the navigation console.

Edited by Kthal

"You can be a swordsman, necromancer, ninja, hybrid of samurai and ninja, harlequin, gunslinger, berserker feline, Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat, a physical manifestation of the Yin Yang philosophy, A KNIGHT WEARING A DRAGON PELT AND ON THE PELT YOU CAN WEAR A CAPE, Davy Jones, use a gun made from flesh that electrocutes people, a pocket grenade launcher, f***ing nunchucks, a katana, a scythe, have a gargantuan dog fight with you, fight a psychotic teleporting scientist in the depths of Uranus who beats the everliving crap out of you with giant fists and an axe, run on walls, run on zip lines, run on everything, create a giant space sanctuary with japanese gardens, meditate, play yet another spinoff of Flappy Bird, break dance, brawl, break dance while brawling at the same time, use a jet powered hammer that sends things to Andromeda, etc."

Edited by LazerSkink

"You can be a swordsman, necromancer, ninja, hybrid of samurai and ninja, harlequin, gunslinger, berserker feline, Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat, a physical manifestation of the Yin Yang philosophy, A KNIGHT WEARING A DRAGON PELT AND ON THE PELT YOU CAN WEAR A CAPE, Davy Jones, use a gun made from flesh that electrocutes people, a pocket grenade launcher, f***ing nunchucks, a katana, a scythe, have a gargantuan dog fight with you, fight a psychotic scientist in the depths of Uranus who beats the everliving crap out of you with giant fists and an axe, run on walls, run on zip lines, run on everything, create a giant space sanctuary with japanese gardens, meditate, play yet another spinoff of Flappy Bird, break dance, brawl, break dance while brawling at the same time, use a jet powered hammer that sends things to Andromeda, etc."

and you can try this, OP.. just exaggerate be sure to mention the best spots at the end

Step 1: keep him away from forums.

Step 2: keep him away from region/recruit chat.

Step 3: keep him away from Draco.

Step 4: He'll have a blast.

Step 3: Tell him farming exp is a bad idea. Also tell him, never do any endless mission types because it's too alike Draco..

"You can be a swordsman, necromancer, ninja, hybrid of samurai and ninja, harlequin, gunslinger, berserker feline, Sub-Zero from Mortal Kombat, a physical manifestation of the Yin Yang philosophy, A KNIGHT WEARING A DRAGON PELT AND ON THE PELT YOU CAN WEAR A CAPE, Davy Jones, use a gun made from flesh that electrocutes people, a pocket grenade launcher, f***ing nunchucks, a katana, a scythe, have a gargantuan dog fight with you, fight a psychotic scientist in the depths of Uranus who beats the everliving crap out of you with giant fists and an axe, run on walls, run on zip lines, run on everything, create a giant space sanctuary with japanese gardens, meditate, play yet another spinoff of Flappy Bird, break dance, brawl, break dance while brawling at the same time, use a jet powered hammer that sends things to Andromeda, etc."

this would be an excellent review for the game x)

I mostly would say that. Do not talk about the game. Just say "Just give it a try. Speaking about a game is full of complexity and I might not be able to tell you all... Besides learning is big part of our life so you should expect it to happen pretty much anywhere"

I mostly would say that. Do not talk about the game. Just say "Just give it a try. Speaking about a game is full of complexity and I might not be able to tell you all... Besides learning is big part of our life so you should expect it to happen pretty much anywhere"

thisy30o2y1.png

something to convince?

let's me see:

- tell the true:

* the begin of the game

this is a game that's suit yourself as space ninja, belong to the race called "Tenno", the player's memories was wiped out because of the cryogenic sleep and after you woke up, other race called grinner It is wanting to capture it to serve as a slave servant

* the objective of the player: keep the balance between all factions: corpus and grinner, plus keep some dangerous ones... out of the origin system (aka solar system), like infested and sentient

* the history and the story of the game can be learned by paying attention in details inside some special missions, like events (gradivus dillemma, cicero toxin...), quests (Vor's prize, Natah), Synthesis codex (grinner in the past, origin of sentients), prime warframe's codex (mag prime and its mention of the archwing)... 

- you can get all classes and weapons in game, without paying one cent, allowing yourself to choose and change between everything that  Warframe can offer for you

- the game is still in rapid development, with small updates every week and large every 3-4 months, plus some events between them

-this fan trailer

isn't enough?

Edited by Zeyez

Well, I showed this game to a XB1 player who loved Destiny. Showed him my account, some of my moves, weapons, the dojo, customization, pretty much everything.

And when he said: I would like to play it, but, how much does it cost?

Well, lets just say that as soon as he found out the answer he became a Warframe fan.

As easy as that.